RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range full of lead!

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I work in Topeka and live around Fort Riley. I am a member of a range in Topeka and one in Randolph Kansas too. While I was at Leavenworth, I shot at Pigeon Hills during the week, not bad. Shot at Parma Woods a few times too, good range, but talk about over regulated.
    Cool so not too far from me! When I was young we used to go to Parma woods. I now go to pigeon hill and use some private property in Ottawa, KS. I want to join mill creek shooting range one of these days.

Banned

If you go on a weekend or after work hours, a lot of people show up at Pigeon Hill that are a genuine accident waiting to happen. I couldn't believe how stupid people could be sometimes. That said, I also ran into some very serious, knowledgeable types, including a few BPCR shooters who really knew their stuff. I always tried to make it early in the day on a weekday, which the job I had at the time made it pretty easy to do.

Parma Woods is alright, I just didn't care for how regulated it was. It was, however, very safe and well run and it was the best place I ever found to scrounge brass. Seems to me like it was $5 an hour, but it was closed on weekends in the Winter and on most holidays which sucked.

If you're coming to Ottawa, you're almost in Topeka. Capital City Gun Club is a great facility, I think it's like $125 a year and it's open whenever the sun is up. They demand that you be a member of the NRA, submit a back ground check and have to have two current members vouch for you, but they sponsor a lot of different matches and have ranges to support anything you could reasonably want. You may want to look into it.

Boolit Master
    Hey 62 Chevy , your not too far away, Wife is from Chester, we are in Beaver. Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    I can imagine with you being at the tip of West Virginia and Ohio on one side and PA on the other. Where I shoot there might be one or two others there but have yet seen anyone else collect lead.

Boolit Master
    We are close by Wife grow up in Chester.
    Quote Originally Posted by tradbear55 View Post
    That sounds sweet, the only range close to me has a line of people trying to gather up lead. You have to get there really early if you want a chance at that stuff.