Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rce llc

Boolit Buddy
    just an update.

got an email back from Richard.
    he mentioned that his computer was on the fritz and had to get a new operating system so hence the delay in getting back to with emails.
    he is still in business and yes, he did mention the problems he had with his vertical mill.
    ill keep on waiting in anticipation till the goodies arrive.

Boolit Mold
    It's damn tough to get any real work done, and that's all he does, while you're on the phone or being interrupted by it. So stop bothering him, I'm waiting on an order.

Frosted Boolits

He rarely answers his phone anymore. I think he is getting to the point where he has a hard time hearing on the phone. Hard to believe after working in a machine shop, right?

He is usually pretty quick to answer emails. I have sent him 3 and he has replied back the same day, during his business hours. I would have expected a reply in the evening, after his work is done in the shop. Or maybe his secretary is putting out these emails? Doesn't really matter anyway. Richards a good guy and the wait will be worth it!
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Frosted Boolits

Update: Received my Walnut Hill press today. It looks great and was definitely worth the wait. Can't wait to get it set up!

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy
    You are in for a treat with that walnut hill, absolutely love mine.

Now order up a set of RCE dies, they are very convenient

Boolit Buddy
    update: got a package last month which had the WH press and some of the dies.
    once i inventoried the order i noticed that there are punches, dies and jackets missing from it.

e-mailed Richard about it and i think he seemed to have forgotten about those items.
    received an e-mail from him last week that he has all the items made and on the way to me.
    got the package today and once i opened it up i found one jacket maker punch holder.
    double checked, unwrapped every single bit of newspaper but no jackets , no dies.
    sent him another email asking about it and will see what the progress is.

i understand he is a one man shop but im just worried that my order has been lost somewhere along the way.
    my credit card has long been charged for all the items and just trying to make heads and tales of being able to get the items in.
    order was placed at beginning of 2013, not sure if im just having bad luck or what.

sorry about the rant

Boolit Man
    I'm sure Richard will make it right.

Boolit Buddy

Anyone remember how Richard ships presses (ie fedex/ups/usps)? Also anyone ever get a tracking number/shipping confirmation?

Boolit Buddy
    I have a brand new press in the box in the garage that says it came from UPS

Boolit Man
    Could someone PM me his email? I inquired about a press via his website a few days ago but no response. I am out of the country on Vacation so I would rather not call.

Boolit Buddy
    pm sent with his info

I ordered 400 jackets from him last week and they arrived yesterday. Maybe your order had out of stock items?

The stuff will get there. This isn't Amazon and there should be no expectation of swage dies being stocked off-the-shelf items. I order jackets too from time to time. Those apparently are in stock. Shrugs. Just glad he's one of a few making dies. When the Corbin brothers retire, then what? :O

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger762 View Post
    The stuff will get there. This isn't Amazon and there should be no expectation of swage dies being stocked off-the-shelf items. I order jackets too from time to time. Those apparently are in stock. Shrugs. Just glad he's one of a few making dies. When the Corbin brothers retire, then what? :O
    We will be in trouble when they retire. I wish richard had an apprentice to take over for him but that is dountil to occur. Maybe someone will buy out his company or at least take over part of it. Again wishful thinking

Frosted Boolits

Voids are always filled. There will be hobby machinists always willing to make dies and make a few bucks on the side. No worries.

the BB knows

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisCoyoteHunter View Post
    Voids are always filled. There will be hobby machinists always willing to make dies and make a few bucks on the side. No worries.
    How's the new lathe?

Frosted Boolits

Well, there have been a series of setbacks with the new lathe. The rpm display doesn't work and the 4 jaw chuck and faceplate are out of balance. Grizzly is making it right, but just stinks that right out of the box stuff isn't right. No biggie, you get what you pay for. I just can't afford an expensive lathe at the moment (especially since I just paid my tuition for my first semester in precision machining technology at the local college).

BTW, Bill, I looked for that case trimmer holder and I don't have one. Sorry!
    Last edited by IllinoisCoyoteHunter; 07-10-2015 at 08:30 PM.

the BB knows

Boolit Buddy
    Update:
    Last items finally arrived.
    Last night, July 22/2015 got the last items of my order and also got in a few jackets as a bonus free of charge to try out with the setup.
    Order was placed at beginning of 2013, it took a while but luckily I was in no panic to get into swaging.
    The products are top notch, built to very tight tolerances and every little detail is thought of.
    Very impressed by the craftsmanship and attention to detail as to how each item is designed and functions, not only by the item itself but by the integration and functionality between the items.
    For example:
    I purchased a tubing jacket forming die set and it came with different top punches for deferent jacket lengths.
    Each top punch has almost a complete air tight fit between the punch shoulder and the die body.

Now I just got to put these dies through the paces and get comfortable with them.
    Like they say, good things come to those who wait…..