Titan ReloadingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Ridgway Rifle Club June 2015

Boolit Buddy

Ridgway Rifle Club June 2015

Time to start getting ready for the PA State Championship at the Ridgway Rifle Club on June 27-28.

This is a big match with a lot of shooting. Sixty rounds for score both Saturday and Sunday, so bring plenty of ammo. Personally I would bring a minimum of 160 rounds for just the match and sighters, more if you want to shoot practice. The range will be open on Friday before the match for practice, play and to "run what ya brung."

The Match Winner can be anyone, but the PA State Champion must be a resident of PA and a member of the PA state Rifle and Pistol Association. This is an NRA Registered Match but is also open to non-NRA members as well.
    Match-Day Info (both days)

7:00-8:45 Registration
    8:00-8:45 Sight-in
    8:45 Mandatory shooters meeting
    9:00 Match starts

Current NRA silhouette rules apply. 2015 NRA Silhouette Classification book required and may be purchased at the match. Entry fee of $25 (Junior Shooters $10).

There will be free coffee and pastries in the clubhouse to give you the sugar and caffeine jitters before you shoot. We will break for lunch at approximately 11:30 so pack a lunch if you think you'll be hungry. There's also a vending machine with bottled water in the club house.
    Changes at the Club
    If you haven't been to Ridgway lately, you'll notice some big changes. Last year, the club purchased the land behind the club house from the adjacent property owner. The "field" is gone and has been replaced with a much larger crushed stone parking area suitable for RVs. It's still dry camping but there are a limited number of electrical hook ups as long as you bring a long extension cord, or two. The road in to the range has been trimmed of low-hanging branches making it possible to bring your fifth wheel or class A. The road has also been paved with recycled asphalt.

The firing line has been extended on the left side by at least 8 positions. The brush and trees on that side of the range are being cut back and the land graded. There's now a straight line of sight to the bank 1 animals.

There are many new cleaning benches under the shelters on both sides of the club house and they're angled to prevent solvents from running back into your rifle's action.

Some people have expressed interest in shooting from a seated position. I'm working on a way to make a couple sections of the rail removable, and have some ideas that I can fabricate here at the shop and install when we get down there. I hope to have them in place for the match. Anyone want to give me a hand?

All the work at Ridgway is done by folks who volunteer their time. I'm glad to be part of that. It's good to be associated with a group of people who all share the same passion for the shooting sports.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
    See you at Ridgway!

Sincerely,
    Craig Duncan
    Match Director, Ridgway BPCR
    cduncan@duncansauto.com
    603-434-5796 (weekdays)
    Live Free or Die Death is not the worst of all evils

Boolit Buddy

A heads up about Ridgway.
    For any shooters that come to town via 219 South / North Broad st.
    The Bridge over Elk Creek collapsed today. That's the bridge near Fox Pizza and the Sheetz station.
    I have no news of detours at this time.

Craig
    Live Free or Die Death is not the worst of all evils