RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rebuilding a classic

What a great job!!

I`ve done the same strip/clean on older presses but have yet to rattle-can one like you did.
    "I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots, or only five..."

Boolit Buddy
    So vapor blasting is just like sand blasting but uses much finer media? (I had never heard of it!)

Have a good one,
    Dave

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    colbyjack:

The consensus of our "experts" from the Antique Reloading Tool Collectors Ass'n. is clear that yours IS a Rockchucker and not an A2. Can you read us the tiny two-digit date stamp under the flange of the screw-in die adapter bushing at the top of the press? We have seen "A1, A2, A3" and maybe others, and would like to correlate the pattern number with the dates of the individual presses, if possible.

selmerfan:

The A2 and others in the "A" series differ primarily from the Rockchucker in that they are two-piece presses, with the main body fastened into a separate bench base that allows the press to be posiitioned either vertical - like the Rockchucker - or tilted 30* back for more comfortable(?) use. Go to <www.antiquereloadingtools.org> / "Message" / "20th Century Loading Tools" /" RCBS A...", for photos and drawings of the whole series.

It is STILL a very nice press, and a beautiful restoration!

Doug/floodgate
    Last edited by floodgate; 04-24-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

wow...I thought I was the only one. I pick up some used stage lighting for my band, and spent about 2 hours each bead blasting, repainting , and rewiring 8 lights that I can buy brand new for about $25 each. I bead blasted an old Spar-T press. looks better than the new ones. I think I do the same stuff that I used to watch my Father do...only now it makes sense to me. (My Wife and kid think im nuts though)
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

What did you do at this location?
    Last edited by Marlin Junky; 07-08-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Junky View Post
    What did you do at this location?

knocked the pins loose, so i could polish the pins and tetra greese them before re assembly. back to normal now.

head stamp says 70' -chris

Boolit Master
    Chris, stumbled across this thread whild doing a search Glad I found it.
    Man you did a great job of restoreing that beat up old press. I am so glad I was able to see it. I'm even happier now about where it ended up. Thanks for posting this thread. Dennis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Eugene View Post
    Chris, stumbled across this thread whild doing a search Glad I found it.
    Man you did a great job of restoreing that beat up old press. I am so glad I was able to see it. I'm even happier now about where it ended up. Thanks for posting this thread. Dennis
    dennis thank you, i really appreciate you giving me that press. i will use it for many years and pass it down to my son colby wants he gets older. i cant say thank you enough. i havent forgot about shipping either. things are tight at the moment, i still owe $200 to the oral surgery place and $700 to my inlaws i had to borrow to get 5 teeth pulled in colbys mouth. again thanks i cant tell you how much fun it was to redo the press. it makes my rifle loading alot eaiser with 2 presses one for full case resize and one full bullet seating. i got that model 70 .243 from grandpa bout the same time i got this press from you. i havent even shot the rifle yet, thats how busy ive been. i did manage to load 40 boolits on it though... hehehehe thanks man -chris