Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt AR in 9mn, uzu mags?

I bought 3 more of the C-products 32 rounders from SG Ammo. So I have 6 mags that will work right now. Plus the 10 uzi mags that still have to be converted over.

I should be set for a while.

Boolit Master
    Did you have to modify the C-products to work in your lower, or did they work for you out of the package? I am thinking about getting some of those 10 rounders for the bench, and visits to California.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Did you have to modify the C-products to work in your lower, or did they work for you out of the package? I am thinking about getting some of those 10 rounders for the bench, and visits to California.
    The C Products mags work right out of the box. I have about thirty of them and they all work great.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by timspawn View Post
    The C Products mags work right out of the box. I have about thirty of them and they all work great.
    Same here just about I just wanted to see if Russel Nash has had the same experience. I like them for the money.

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some stencils. I'll be spray painting stenciled numbers on my mags soon.

Boolit Master

Last year, I built an AR Carbine, and this year, an AR Pistol in 9mm. Parts were from Model 1 Sales. The mag well insert is a Promag, and I bought 2, 10 round metal Promag and 5, 32 round polymer magazines. The little 10 round mags aren't as easy to remove from the weapon when loaded because if the length. So, I took one of the polymer mags, cut it to the length of a 20 round mag, and put an insert to make it a 10 round mag. Then I glued the base on to make it permanent to comply with the stupid law. I need to retire again and head back to Colorado.

Even though I am law enforcement (in California) and can use high capacity mags in my carbine, I am limited to 10 rounds in the AR pistol. It is so much nicer to shoot just over the border in Oregon and not have to bother with such nonsense. Anyway, each of the Promag 9mm magazines function flawlessly, drop free when empty, and hold open on last shot. For $10, the polymer 32 round mags were quite the bargain. I have a buddy with a 9mm AR that is a dedicated 9mm lower and the polymer Promags work great for him as well
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

I also use the CProducts mags and haven't had a problem with loading jacketed bullets. I haven't tried cast in it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fcvan View Post
    Last year, I built an AR Carbine, and this year, an AR Pistol in 9mm. Parts were from Model 1 Sales. The mag well insert is a Promag, and I bought 2, 10 round metal Promag and 5, 32 round polymer magazines. The little 10 round mags aren't as easy to remove from the weapon when loaded because if the length. So, I took one of the polymer mags, cut it to the length of a 20 round mag, and put an insert to make it a 10 round mag. Then I glued the base on to make it permanent to comply with the stupid law. I need to retire again and head back to Colorado.

Even though I am law enforcement (in California) and can use high capacity mags in my carbine, I am limited to 10 rounds in the AR pistol. It is so much nicer to shoot just over the border in Oregon and not have to bother with such nonsense. Anyway, each of the Promag 9mm magazines function flawlessly, drop free when empty, and hold open on last shot. For $10, the polymer 32 round mags were quite the bargain. I have a buddy with a 9mm AR that is a dedicated 9mm lower and the polymer Promags work great for him as well
    Since Illinois now has concealed carry, I am thinking that if I ever build an AR pistol, it will be in .300 Blackout. And I might just get an 80% lower. I have been eyeballing Bridgeport mills on St. Louis Craig's List.

I did get the numbers painted on the mags. I will probably head to the range tomorrow. I have these Pivot Head glasses now, so I can record what is going on when it jams.

I was looking at the Sig PM400 in .300 Blackout, but as a "concealed pistol" (inside the vehicle) I might have a run in with the law and/or fish cops, if they think it is a loaded rifle and that makes them think I am out poaching deer.

My timeline to purchase or make an AR pistol may have moved up a bunch.

That decision could be made or announced in November.

I am bumping my thread.

Finally, I do have numbers painted on both sides of the mags. I think I will make it out to the range on Friday.

I haven't casted any boolits for it yet.

Boolit Master
    Good to hear you were able to get it done. I wish I had some software to pixel out some faces. I have a vid of my brother in law shooting mine on the SBR lower with a suppressor and some subsonic 125 grain hollow points. There is a guy with a ruger 10/22 next to my BIL, and a 223 on the far end of the benches so you can get a perspective on how quiet this thing is. The 22 is about 4 times as loud. Absolute blast to shoot, and cheap. It is cheaper, and dare say more fun to shoot than subsonic 300 BLK in my opinion. The 300 BLK is more accurate at range, but under 50 yards this thing is a tack driver, and you can bounce around cans until there is nothing left of them.

Some Winchester White Box 115 grainers made it into my surplus ammo can of my 147 grain j-word bullets. So it is like:

pop....pop...pop...CRACK!...pop!...pop!

I ran 60 rounds through it yesterday. The first mag I ran through it, a MetalForm mag, had one hiccup. The other 5 mags are C-products. I loaded them up with just 10 rounds each. They all ran fine.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Q: I have an Oly 9mm upper, and have a couple of mags with the blocks welded on. Can I use the generic mag well block and uzi/colt mags?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    Q: I have an Oly 9mm upper, and have a couple of mags with the blocks welded on. Can I use the generic mag well block and uzi/colt mags?
    Oly did something different with their uppers. I don't know if they would work because of the bolt cut out. Olympic 9mm carbines have been compared to Apple , vs Colt which is compared to PC. Because of comparative differences between formats I would suggest just finding Oly mags. I know they are expensive, but the Oly guns do run good the way they were designed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    Oly did something different with their uppers. I don't know if they would work because of the bolt cut out. Olympic 9mm carbines have been compared to Apple , vs Colt which is compared to PC. Because of comparative differences between formats I would suggest just finding Oly mags. I know they are expensive, but the Oly guns do run good the way they were designed.
    I agree, don't remember the difference now but don't think you can, that's why I went RRA upper when I bought mine to have the availability to source different mags.

I could swear I had read somewhere that Oly also has you drill some hole in your upper. Maybe it is for an ejector.

I am probably totally mistaken, though.

The Oly system uses an upper receiver mounted ejector that does require a hole to be drilled. STEN mags without the block welded to tbe back can be used if you have the proper mag block. The proper mag block is inserted from the bottom and held in place by the mag catch. It has a paddle that sticks out of the bottom of it to release the STEN mag. You have to remember not to press the mag release on the side of the receiver when changing mags, otherwise the mag and the mag block will fall out. I think the over insertion tabs on the side of the STEN mags have to be beaten flat or ground down also.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    You can use a Hahn mag well adapter and STEN mags; AFAIK the Oly Arms unit will not run on Uzi mags. I have the same Oly Arms setup, and use unmodified Sten mags with the mag well block. Sten mags are a *** relative to Uzi mags, but what are you going to do? The Oly Arms 9mm conversion is strictly proprietary, and AFAIK has zero parts interchangeability with the Colt-style units.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    thanks for the info!

Bump for a necro post