Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new pellet rifle !!!!!!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Crosman Premier are some of the most precise shooters I have found in 177 Springers and 22 PCP.

This answer is considering "Budget Quality" pellets, your gun is likely precise enough to not the difference in the high dollar pellets for the most important shooting.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 04-06-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    My 22 Crosman Premiers are significantly larger in diameter than my JSB Exact. They are a tight fit in my 22 Crosman springer. The head is a squeeze fit, and the skirt won't go in the chamber. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I like the way they shoot. My JSB pellets fall right in the chamber, skirt and all.

I'm hard pressed to tell any difference in accuracy, but last time I compared pellets, Crosman Premiers were the best out of my gun. But I only put them up against two pricier imports, and the difference wasn't much.
    Last edited by gloob; 05-09-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Boolit Master
    Crosman Premiers are very tight in my TX200 and cause leading in the beginning of the barrel. I have only been shooting JSB and have been happy with them.

Boolit Master
    Hmm. I just happened by chance to discover quite a bit of variation in the skirts of my Crosman pellets. The heads are definitely larger in diameter than JSB, but the skirts show a lot more variation. Some are a bit larger, and but a lot of them are significantly smaller than the JSB (JSB being more uniform).

I will have to do some experimenting to see if the undersized pellets are causing flyers in my own rifle. It seems like this could certainly open up the groups in a rifle with a looser chamber/barrel. Esp the way I load them with the skirt sticking on the edge of the chamber, a smaller skirt might affect velocity.

BTW, I am using a bit of 0.015 mil 1/4" brass tube to check the size. Most of the Cromans won't fit through, but about 25% fall through. I haven't found any JSB that undersized, yet. Some of the undersized Premiers have a shiny look to the bottom of the skirt. Maybe casting temp or incomplete fill?

I made an expander that can fix any pellets with undersized and deformed skirts. With the price of pellets, it seems like it could be worth the effort - depending on what my rifle says. Two or three years ago, $18.00 would buy 550 rds of Federal 22LR. And today that will buy 500 European 22 caliber pellets or 1000 Premiers....
    Last edited by gloob; 05-10-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Beautiful gun and mechanically sexy, if you will. Don.

Very nice looking weapon, I hope it shoots for you.....
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo