RepackboxLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scored big Springfield M2

Vendor Sponsor

OK: my Club finally saw fit to get one of the Officers to man the .22 Rimfire Silhouette shoot again so tomorrow is the first match since Feb.

I am ready! I'll report back tomorrow. Hopefully there will be improvement from last time.

This is my favorite shoot right now,,,, mainly cuz I won the championship last year!
    Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Good luck at the match. Looking forward to hearing about it.

I am curious about the disc you have on the rear sight.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Vendor Sponsor

I sucked.. the match was kind of a cluster F&^% We had to reset our own targets and I shot 13/40.

Better Luck next time.

Hopefully there will be a target setter next month.

I did have fun shooting my S&W 696 after the shoot. I love my new popper!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

Sorry to hear you had a problem - did you figure out what was going wrong?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Vendor Sponsor

Yes, I was completely frustrated with the set up. Having to reset your own targets is not conducive of great scores. Also laying off for 3 months doesn't help either.

I'll do better next time, and hopefully we will be having a youngster resetting targets for us. It should be better.

Randy

Vendor Sponsor

Well we didn't have a youngster setting targets again this time and the match was only slightly better than last time. The individual running it has her own ideas about what needs to happen.

I shot 22/40 this time and didn't stay for a second round due to having to walk out in the hot sun to reset targets.

I am really hoping that someone steps up and takes this event over and runs it like the last guy did. At that time we had both Rimfire and Cowboy Silhouette running simultaneously.

I had hoped to advance to the Cowboy Shoot next year but they dropped it from the program so I have nowhere to shoot that sport. I find it to be the most like real hunting and to not have it available is disappointing.

Maybe it will get better but I'm glad I won last year cuz this year looks to be a bust.

Randy

Vendor Sponsor

I shot again yesterday 25/40 only one round. Gun worked really well and all the misses were very close.

There is talk about hiring some people to reset targets on both the Rimfire, and Short Range courses. I have no problem with that and am more than willing to pay a little extra to get the service that we had come to expect.

On the long Range course we hire a kid to reset and everyone pitches in $5 and usually the kid walks away with $50-80 for the mornings work.

I wish someone had paid me $50 for a mornings work when I was a kid. I was lucky to get .50 cents for mowing the lawn.

Randy

Vendor Sponsor

This is what I did with the M2

Well an update is due here. We started the Cowboy Silhouette again finally this year so the .22's are in the safe. But what did happen is that I found out I actually won last years Small Bore Iron Sight Competition.

I personally thought I sucked last year but apparently everyone else sucked more.

Anyway I was awarded this really Cool Mug with my accomplishment inscribed on it for all to see.

Randy

Nice, looks like it holds more than 12 oz too.

As the old saying goes about the campers about to be attacked by the rabid bear.

You just have to do better than the other guy.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Congrats!

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Vendor Sponsor

Thanks guys! It's good to win stuff.

Randy

Now that is the way to do it! I have won and I have lost, but winning is much better than losing.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.