RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Mitchell High Standard Citation

Mitchell High Standard Citation

Was at the indoor range today shooting the one of the most accurate 22 that I have a Mitchell HS Citation. Have not shot the gun in maybe 3 years and now I sorta know why.

It shoot where ever I pointed but feeding was a problem. This gun feeds directly from the magazine to the barrel. There is no feed ramp. The magazine feed angle has to be off.

How would you correct this problem? I think that a new magazine if you can find one is about $75.00 and there in no guarantee that it would work.

A side note, I also brought S&W Model 66 with a 2 1/2 barrel. I pulled out some 38 wad cutters that were loaded back in December of 1983. They were 148 gr with 3.8 gns of Bullseye. These were stored with the powder on top of the bullet. It looked like I was shooting ablack powder gun. Do you think it has to do with the bullet lube they used 32 years ago and the powder sitting on top of the Bullet?

Boolit Man
    Simple adjustment of magazine lips (rear) should fix the problem if you really have a Mitchell that runs.
    If the nose of the bullet strikes high on the chamber mouth the lips need to be gently massaged closer together and vice-verse if striking low.
    The mag lips on the Mitchell's were a tad soft and will go out of " calibration".
    If there would be some interest I could post a tutorial on the process.

Grendl,

Please post a tutorial. I been to HS website and they are talking about a tool to make the adjustments.

That way I can store it with the other videos I have.

Thanks,

Ricky

Boolit Man
    It seems that I have some new found time on my hands for the forseeable future. I will put together a video or power point that will explain the process of adjusting the lips on the HS magazines. Might take a few days but I will get it posted.
    Rick