Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen the price of powders at this place?

Boolit Buddy
    When is the last time you bought powder? And why is this in the selling and swapping forum?

Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    They have everything in stock that no one else has but their prices are utterly ridiculous. I am pretty sure that at those prices they will never run out of anything.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/produ...nents-powders/

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    When I need it, I buy from the cheapest source. Those prices are the same as the LGS by me, but of course I drive there, pay taxes but save the hazmat/shipping fees.
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Buddy
    prices here in Tucson are bad, but not that bad. depends on what you need and how bad you need it. I met some dude at the range the other day who told me he paid $120 for two pounds of reloader 33 (included the hazmat). I told him he was crazy, but if you need it, you need it, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    That's right around normal for the LGS around here...
    Same here, when you can find them. Which is not often.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Their price on a pound of Bulls Eye is about $12 more than what I paid at the LGS this past summer (August). Yea, I know . . . a lot of folks wished their LGS had it on the shelf but if the LGS was asking what this place is, they'd get a whole lot of "b _ _ ching" from their "regulars". It may be MSRP but it also reminds me of the 22 ammo gouging. Just my 2 cents worth though which isn't worth a plug nickel . . . LOL

As others have said, those prices are becoming the new normal. I still have a can of 4756 with a price tag on it of $3.00. Makes me sad to look at it.

The empty can is probably worth more than that now.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas302 View Post
    When is the last time you bought powder? And why is this in the selling and swapping forum?
    I buy powder all the time, those prices are just ridiculous. I posted here so others could see what's there and maybe if someone had the cash they would purchase what they needed.

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range
    powder around here is showing up but most of it is running 28.00 to 31.00 per pound. and some of the stuff is less but 12 oz instead of 16 oz. but on a better note primers have come down about 4.50 per 1000

Boolit Master
    bout the same in RHODE ISLAND, no such thing as $15.00 a # any more ! get used to it. if you want to shoot some one has to pay the fiddler! lol!!

Boolit Master

Get a buddy to go in with you and split the haz mat.Most venders will ship differnt haz mat items under one haz mat fee.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Those prices are awful compared to LGS here, I am buying 231 and Unique in 8lb kegs for under $140 before tax.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootNSteel View Post
    Those prices are awful compared to LGS here, I am buying 231 and Unique in 8lb kegs for under $140 before tax.
    I don't remember the last time I saw a # of Unique let alone a 8# keg.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jimbo View Post
    I don't remember the last time I saw a # of Unique let alone a 8# keg.
    Several members have posted at least 3 times when BassPro.com had Unique for sale. Most of us took advantage of the free shipping/no hazmat fee to the BassPro store of our choice
    Shoot'em If You Got'em...

Boolit Man
    I purchased 1# of Herco and 1# of Blue Dot and put these together with 1000 berdan (7.62x39) primers. With shipping and has mat it was pricey but I now have 3 items I could not get locally for some time.

Used an online supplier - lohmanarms.com

They have 1, 4 and 8 pounders available on lots of powder.
    Salute!

The prices listed (for a single pound of powder) are within a dollar or two of what we pay here in Flagstaff less hazmat and shipping. Of course any time you buy anything from a store or shop you are paying those fees (hazmatt and shipping) it is a cost of doing business.

I find it facinating that the people who gripe the most about prices are the ones who price their own products and or services the highest. I learned a long time ago that if you find someone who worries constantly about being taken or cheated be careful, they are the person most likely to try to cheat you.
    Brodie

Boolit Buddy
    I really need some True Blue for my 5x7 but I really don't want to pay over #493.00 for the 13# they have. I will wait for the 800-X to appear on other sites where its like $17?.?? for 8#

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stanford View Post
    I really need some True Blue for my 5x7 but I really don't want to pay over #493.00 for the 13# they have. I will wait for the 800-X to appear on other sites where its like $17?.?? for 8#
    Have you tried blue dot. I've had good success with that in the pistol

Boolit Master

That site will only let you buy one pound of any powder for $30-40 ea.. Then they add $43.00 for shipping!

The prices aren't the issue, it is the fact that you can'y buy in volume to offset the Shipping/Hazmat fees.

What a ripoff.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bonz View Post
    Several members have posted at least 3 times when BassPro.com had Unique for sale. Most of us took advantage of the free shipping/no hazmat fee to the BassPro store of our choice
    You are right. But there are no BassPro Shops in the state, so this leaves me out on these buys.

Boolit Buddy
    Its good business for the powder companies to keep the supply short and the demand high. I wish they would quit making these new expensive powders and just give us consumers what we want.(bullseye, unique, red dot, blue dot etc.)