Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rossi 92 in .357

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 92 in 454 casull. love it. accurate with 454 or 45 colt, and near 45-70 power with full on 454 loads.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmower View Post
    I have a 92 in 454 casull. love it. accurate with 454 or 45 colt, and near 45-70 power with full on 454 loads.
    I considered that, but also did not want full on .45-70 recoil in such a light gun.

How do you find the recoil with the heavy .454 loads?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
    I considered that, but also did not want full on .45-70 recoil in such a light gun.

How do you find the recoil with the heavy .454 loads?
    I fired two rounds of 300gr CorBon through mine. I don't know why I fired the second one.

Boolit Bub
    i had a LGS order a blue 24" 357 Rossi 92 a couple of years ago for $400 plus shipping and the LGS handling fee. Fit and finish were excellent. Trigger needed some work. Fed it everything I could put together in cast bullets in both 357 Mag and 38 spl. The only thing it didn't like were 38 spl wadcutters; but it would take them 2 at a time (1 in the chamber and one it the mag.) It does eject the brass into the next county. My best groups with it (2" @ 100 yrds.) were 357 mag cases and the Lee 358-140 SWC with a mid level load of 2400. I took it ferral hog hunting in East Texas last year but never had a shot. I did shoot a squirrel with it. Too much meat lost if you hit low. Overall, it's a fun gun to shoot. Can't see doing anything to it other than the needed trigger work. I did order a tang sight for it from Brownels. Hope it keeps me from blowing up any more squirrels.

Boolit Master

I have an old one. It is so slick you can cycle the action with one finger. You will like yours. Good buy.

Been reading a lot about these lately, now I seem to want one! 24" octagon barreled in .357, or .45 Colt. Started out wanting .357, but .45 is appealing as well. Plus, I have an Uberti Cattleman SAA clone in .45 Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    I looked everywhere for a 20" .357 to use in our Pistol Cartridge silhouette matches and couldn't locate one. Finally an email to Steve Young revealed that he had one in stock. I paid a bit more for it because he had refinished the stock and done action work, but boy is it a shooter and looks fantastic!
    You should be very happy with yours...

Attachment 134037

Baja, beautiful carbine! Spendy?

Cast it, load it, send it.

Quote Originally Posted by JHeath View Post
    I fired two rounds of 300gr CorBon through mine. I don't know why I fired the second one.
    That made me lol.

Mine was throwing cartridges over my shoulder, so after reading about lighter ejection springs at www.rossi-rifleman.com , they recommended these. It now drops them at my feet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171331508393...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I used this video to take it apart, replace the spring, and reassemble with no extra parts left over. Also good for general tear down for cleaning, and he explains how to smooth the action. https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...&hsimp=yhs-001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 41special View Post
    Baja, beautiful carbine! Spendy?

Yea - probably half again more expensive as the rifle out of the box, but everything came flawless in fit and function which was nice...