Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M&P vs. Glock...

Love Life
    I limp wristed Cwheel's compact 45. I am ashamed.

Boolit Master

Some things on Glocks are more inexpensive, some are not. For example, a Glock firing pin starts out at about $40 at Midway whereas a M1911 one starts out at around $15. One for an AR starts out around $5.

Boolit Master
    These fireing pins do wear out also, I replaced mine once when I started getting light strikes and not firing issues. Turned out the pin was worn enough to be shorter than the new one.

Springs also wear out, I have a trigger return spring break (aftermarket) in a USPSA match last year. The G22 was north of 10K rounds on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Some things on Glocks are more inexpensive, some are not. For example, a Glock firing pin starts out at about $40 at Midway whereas a M1911 one starts out at around $15. One for an AR starts out around $5.

Well I own and have carried both the Glock 23 and the Shield in 40. I like both but I shoot better with the Shield and its easier to carry. But I also have reduced my capacity from 13+1 to 8+1.
    Oh bother said pooh, as he chambered another round.

Boolit Master
    thanks Bob , I got confused I was reading USPSA http://www.rbgc.org/USPSA/USPSAgear.htm where the first rule of stock production class is no single action pistols

been reading a lot lately just getting started and comparing so that I can buy one gun that will compete in both games well as they interest me although I see a lot more uspsa events around me

Quote Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE View Post
    thanks Bob , I got confused I was reading USPSA http://www.rbgc.org/USPSA/USPSAgear.htm where the first rule of stock production class is no single action pistols

been reading a lot lately just getting started and comparing so that I can buy one gun that will compete in both games well as they interest me although I see a lot more uspsa events around me
    If you want to be competitive and are by nature, go with the CZ Shadow. Get the basic Shadow. Write me a letter when you feel the gun isn't performing up to your skill level. The gun will do wonders in both USPSA/IPSC abd IDPA Production. The gun will outshoot both the Glock and the M&P off a rest any day of the week. I presently use both a CZ 75 Shadowline gun and an M&P Pro in Production. This year when I am not shooting my Ruger GP-100 in IDPA SSR I will go with the CZ for SSP Division. I am giving IPSC a pass due to a lower back that doesn't care for the sport anymore.

FYI IDPA SSP Division does not allow SA pistols either both it and USPSA Production Divsions are very similar. You will enjoy both. Good shooting. Remember if you are not having fun shooting IDPA and USPSA you are shooting then for the wrong reason.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    Bob , 1 of the 3 guns guns on my short list is the CZ-P09 the glock and he m&p are the other 2

the longer DA pull , well I am on the fence probably till I feel it

I shoot my old S&W M39 fairly well and I guess the DA pull doesn't bother me near as much as it used to , that very short light SA trigger sure is nice after the first squeeze

the shadow is nice nut a bit out of my price range I am going to have to play on a budget I can probably swing 5-600 thats why I have been looking at the M&P and Glock

You should be able to get a CZ 75B for that price and still be competitive with the Glock & M&P. Replace the main spring (easy to do BTW) and you will have a very good trigger. The 75B will out shoot either of the other two guns off a rest as well. The gun is heavier than the polymer guns so you might not want the 75B for every day carry if that is a concern. Another best buy if you can find one is a CZ Phantum. The trigger will not feel as good out of the box but change the mainspring to a 13# one and it is not all that bad. Sa pull is very nice with the 13# spring. Certainly every bit as good as either the Glock or M&P. If you decide to go M&P then a lighter trigger return spring and changing out the USB will make a world of difference in the trigger pull. Frankly I can never remember a time when shooting either IPSC ( USPSA in Canada almost) or IDPA where I can remmebr how the trigger felt. In front of a TV yes feels smooth or gritty or what ever. In the middle of a stage on the clock ....I never notice the trigger. YMMV.

Good luck in your search.

Take care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

I have a CZ-75 Compact and it is the only 9mm that is in the rotation of firearms that I carry. It just feels well made and I like it. It's about the same size as an Officer's Model M1911, so it conceals pretty nicely also.