Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New squirrel rifle

Boolit Master
    I would love to just get to hold that one. I don't think I could take anything that beautiful out hunting.

Boolit Master
    Very elegant lines and inlay! Very nice!

Boolit Master

I built one years ago, it was supposed to look like that. Great work!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Waksupi:
    Since no one else has made an offer, I'll go $250 if you will include shipping.
    Tony

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Waksupi:
    Since no one else has made an offer, I'll go $250 if you will include shipping.
    Tony

You're a real sweet heart, Tony!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Now how did I miss that it has a swamped barrel!?!

I'll go $251.00 and I'll pay the shipping to Canada. I'll even take your word on the the 1 1/2" groups.

Can't quite figure why you need larger balls to shoot a .36 though. That's not something I would admit on a public forum.

I didn't see a buy it now button. When is bidding over?

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    You guys obviously missed that it is vintage, rare, and tactically ballistic! That raises the price right there~~!!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Now how did I miss that it has a swamped barrel!?!

I'll go $251.00 and I'll pay the shipping to Canada. I'll even take your word on the the 1 1/2" groups.

Can't quite figure why you need larger balls to shoot a .36 though. That's not something I would admit on a public forum.

I didn't see a buy it now button. When is bidding over?
    Longbow, if you would come down to the shoot at Eureka, Mt. the last weekend in April, you could take it home with you. I'm sure we could put a hell of a dent in Colby and Lil's liquor supply while we haggle over the final price!

Boolit Master

How about some particulars who made the barrel and lock? Round bottom rifling? Square? Twist?

RB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Longbow, if you would come down to the shoot at Eureka, Mt. the last weekend in April, you could take it home with you. I'm sure we could put a hell of a dent in Colby and Lil's liquor supply while we haggle over the final price!

Wow, so it was not built to order? just built for, uh, inventory? What number are you thinking about in front of the comma?

Boolit Grand Master

Waksupi I am absolutely sure it would be a large dent, and I am betting the final price might go up just a smidge (maybe 2 smidges). It is a beautiful gun.

I will have to pass though. I have not been to a muzzleloader shoot in many years and only have one old poorly made Hawken from a CVA kit I put together many years ago... now that might go for $251.00 (or maybe a smidge less).

Yeah, I know, if I came to the shoot I would wind up with a "real" gun. The time and money budget won't allow that right now though.

My wife and I are mostly archers these days... with a little cast boolit shooting on the side. I have been toying with the idea of getting back into muzzleloader shooting again and really would like a trade musket... and a squirrel rifle. Maybe down the line a little more.

Say hi to Colby and Lil for me. I haven't seen them at traditional archery shoots for some time now.

Longbow

Quote Originally Posted by rhbrink View Post
    How about some particulars who made the barrel and lock? Round bottom rifling? Square? Twist?

RB
    This has the small Chambers Queen Anne lock, and a Bauska barrel, square cut. I didn't check the twist, I would just be guessing at the time.

Ric:
    Final offer; $300 shipped if you will throw in 500 lube grooves.
    Tony

Man! What a beautiful rifle. You are quite artistic.
    Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Ric:
    Final offer; $300 shipped if you will throw in 500 lube grooves.
    Tony
    Well, if you are wanting that many loob grooves thrown in, I can not help but think you are trying to take advantage of this poor ol' country boy!

Boolit Master
    Absolutely stunning is my first thought.I love the design and how well every element compliments the other , it truly is a beautiful rifle that anyone would be proud to own.Thank you for sharing
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam