RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Casting and global warming

Well it's 60 and cloudy here right now. That is the warmest it has been in about a week or so

I wrote the following on a lark. But, sadly, I will not be surprised if I read similar statements someday. President Obama by his lust for power, and Speaker Boehner and Senator McConnell by their cowardice are IMO stealing the citizens of this country of their freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution and Bill of Rights. God save the Republic.

The replies to the original post miss the point. We are part of the collective you see. Our actions affect everyone in the entire world. Warming up our little lead pots may seem harmless. But combined, all of our little 10 and 20 pound pots likely consume the carbon based fuels of an auto factory, or a steel mill.

And for what? to create lead projectiles that will carpet the landscape, kill harmless animals, and over time enter our food chain and turn everyone into a blithering idiot! We are not being socially aware. We are ignoring the greater good, my friends!

And the ammunition we create is doubly dangerous. Not only does it maim and kill. There is no way for our beneficent federal government to regulate this ammunition - which, I feel incumbent to to say, is made by amateurs! Rank hobbyists! No government oversight, control, licensing, or mandatory guidelines.

My friends, we are leading the world down the path to uncontrolled climate change, lawlessness, and wholesale carnage. We all need to march down to our local police stations, casting and reloading equipment in hand and turn ourselves in for crimes that may someday be on the books.

Boolit Grand Master

gear,

How can you have 68 minutes of latitude?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

When you fellas start seeing lots of moose, then worry, the bears aren't far behind
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    It's really to bad all you guys in warm climates will never know how well quenching bullets in snow works . It's much better than water quench and a snow cone quench isn't even close .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    gear,

I can have it if I wish to create a slight yet deliberate inaccuracy regarding the exactness of my location without being deceitful.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

OK, got it. I wondered if that might be the case.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by geargnasher View Post
    It was 82 here today, had to open the windows in the house, might have to run the AC tonight. Thank you guys for keeping all that white cold stuff to yourselves.

Gear
    Nothing like rubbing it in.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    Global warming is now also global cooling. When the facts don't back up the narrative, change the narrative. It's how liberals debate anything.
    th ONLY good thing about Kalif is the weather.
    Global warming isnt a liberal thing. Its science. Extreme summers and extreme winters are signs. While the earth does naturally change climate, the fact that we are speeding it up a lot is still a very bad thing for us humans. That people would deny scientific fact for political and monetary gain is the worst kind of ignorance in my opinion.

Boolit Master

TheFirst- I hear ya, too bad the libs have grabbed it as yet another slam on G Bush ( pick one). It noramlly will get to 35 below for a couple days at least once each winter here.
    But, it has only done that once in the past 15 years. ON the flip side, it has not been above freezing in about 40 days. Also a record setter.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirst View Post
    Global warming isnt a liberal thing. Its science. Extreme summers and extreme winters are signs. While the earth does naturally change climate, the fact that we are speeding it up a lot is still a very bad thing for us humans. That people would deny scientific fact for political and monetary gain is the worst kind of ignorance in my opinion.
    How come more and more scientists from REPUTABLE backgrounds are coming out and saying it has all been a scam, based on false computer generated projections?
    Don't get suckered in by your liberal college professors.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

hum and the point is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????wait I got to turn down the ac or is it turn up the AC it's getting cool in here
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    How come more and more scientists from REPUTABLE backgrounds are coming out and saying it has all been a scam, based on false computer generated projections?
    Don't get suckered in by your liberal college professors.
    But wait! My college professors swore to me, and proved it on paper that their biggest concern was global cooling and the resulting famine that was about to wipe out most of humanity! This was in 1975.

Boolit Grand Master
    Global warming/global cooling. Just look at the rock strata and you will see plenty evidence there. I have yet to see any proof that WE are the cause of any climate change vs natural change. How can you seperate out the two. Go ahead and point out CO2 emmissions by man VS the same by nature and quantities. Love to see unbiased data

I was out working earlier this week and soaked 3 layers of clothes (just walking)...... it was -10............... I had to strip down to my shirt and spring coat...........

Boolit Mold
    Awfully cold for any casting here in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirst View Post
    If you live another 50 years or probably less you will see weather the same over and over. Some hot some cold. Weather change would happen if nothing was walking on the earth.

Banned

The last cooling period lasted from around 1350 to 1850 and then some, with some serious cold spells:

cold period between AD 1550 and 1850 and notes three particularly cold intervals: one beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850, each separated by intervals of slight warming

George Washington and the Continental Army had it real bad at Valley Forge.

Banned

We have failed to learn from the Martians. The insisted on driving their gas-guzzling SUVs and refused to control CO2 emissions from all their industries, and look what happened to the atmosphere of their planet. What a shame. I'm sure there were liberal sophisticates in the Martian government and education systems warning of the coming disaster for years, but none of the greedy industrialists or selfish consumers payed any attention.

Gear

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    gear,

Give the wife a bowl of Ice cream and a cup of Hot chocolate gets me at least 90 minutes of latitude
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!