Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2

Thread: Range results with Marlin 357CB

Range results with Marlin 357CB

Got a sunny day with wind not too bad for a change.Shot the 357 at 100 yards and was happy to see the levergun shoots well. I think this levergun is a keeper. Like the boolits also.Surprised to see the PB boolit do that well. Whaddaya Think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0824.jpg  

Banned
    Not bad at all, What boolit where you using?

Boolit Master
    Cool, about 150$ more, and I have mine paid off. I hope mine does as well.

Boolit Master
    Well now I would say they are alright to thump a deer with provided you have them loaded up fairly well !

Still think I would hold shots to 50 yards with a 357 MAG on deer thou !
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Mold
    please share the load , getting one before this weekend and I'm getting excited

rusty

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Click picture to enlarge, read more data. BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Buddy
    Not bad off hand shooting.
    Jerry

Is this typical accuracy for a Marlin 357? I have been thinking about getting one, but I don't want to get one if they don't shoot well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    Is this typical accuracy for a Marlin 357? I have been thinking about getting one, but I don't want to get one if they don't shoot well.

Perhaps you better define what you consider well

With a lever action rifle with open or peep sights shooting home cast bullets at 100 yards . I think what he got is great !

To be honest I normally do not shoot my 357 levers at 100 yards typically I only shoot at 50

Also just because this rifle did this well there are many many variables you have to take into consideration ! The caster , the reloader , the shooter , the rifle itself as they are all not the same even though they are the same rifle !

Let me rephrase, do you think 2- 21/2" groups at 100 yards is going to be a problem with the average Marlin Cowboy model in 357 using proven cast bullet techniques and good shooting techniques?

Or in other words, is it a fairly good bet that this model rifle will shoot well with proper load developement? I know there are lemons in every model of gun.

Crabo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crabo View Post
    Let me rephrase, do you think 2- 21/2" groups at 100 yards is going to be a problem with the average Marlin Cowboy model in 357 using proven cast bullet techniques and good shooting techniques?

Or in other words, is it a fairly good bet that this model rifle will shoot well with proper load developement? I know there are lemons in every model of gun.

Crabo

I would say that is a very good possibility !

Normally when I am first working up loads in any of my newer levers that are drilled and tapped I will mount a decent scope . Many times I'll use my old 6.5-20 Leupold !

With that scope and a good load I would expect to get some groups below 2" . And pretty darn close to an inch !

I have a few that on a good day with a peep sight and at 50 yards to put 3 in a ragged hole !

Maybe I have been pretty fortunate so far , but most all of my Marlin's have shot decent right off the bat ! Now granted I don't shoot cast in them all !