Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ML match?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Well Pat, I'm a bit of a ML snob, but guess I will say that the T/C's have built up a good reputation over the years. I can't see why it wouldn't be a good entry level smoothbore, and I will guarantee that they are fun and effective. I believe that 20 bore T/C must have some rarity, and may turn out to be a good investment.

Banned

Muzzleloader Snob? That's a new one. I can picture a SNL (Saturday Night Live) skit on that one.. Hee hee..

I love those kinda rifles you guys shoot, but they are way out of my price range. Who knows- one day I may want to get one.

Thanks for the input Waksupi, and at least we don't have to sit at the same table.. LOL!!

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=PatMarlin]Muzzleloader Snob? That's a new one. I can picture a SNL (Saturday Night Live) skit on that one.. Hee hee..

SNL could do a neat skit featuring Terry...or was that Pat.....you know, is it a boy or is a girl........what my daughter used to call a shim.....har!

I can see Terry (or was it Pat?) dressed up in a coonskin hat...(you know coonskin, as in RAcoon), moccasins and a flinter in it's hand, knife in the belt and those black horn rim glasses, strutting into the saloon in Moose Jaw or Yellow Knife or Jackson Hole......'gimmie a warm milk...in a dirty glass!....then you biguns line up and little ones pair off!' Of course we'd never know what for.

Banned

Fool enough to walk in with a TC front stuffer... that's what for..

-and doon't get your hopes up Jumptrap... it's Patrick.

Super Moderator

..............Oaky doke, here's my contribution to the match.

This is benched with the Whitworth. Gotta have a dern flyer in there, of course. Not really at it's best at 50 yards but I wasn't having any more luck shooting at 100 yards so this is it. Load was 75.0gr Swiss 2Fg, felt wad, grease cookie and a 540gr paper patched slug.

This is my offhand target. I shot it today during the Burrito Match. We shoot 10 rounds offhand but hese 5 came in so nice I fired the other 5 on a different target, below. The 2nd 5 weren't as shiny as the 1st 5, but good enough for a 91-2X score!

Rifle was a 58 cal, Parker-Hale P58 Naval Pattern 2 band Enfield. The load was 45grs Elephant 2Fg and a Lee Target Minie.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

Nice shootin' Buckshot.

I don't know anything about target shooting cept point and shoot, but why's there 4@ 1 3/4" and 5@ 2 3/8"? ... or how's that measured?

Or does that mean 4 is the first group and 5 was the flyer?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin
    Nice shootin' Buckshot.

I don't know anything about target shooting cept point and shoot, but why's there 4@ 1 3/4" and 5@ 2 3/8"? ... or how's that measured?

Or does that mean 4 is the first group and 5 was the flyer?
    It makes me feel better ! Normally I can do a bit better at 100 yards then 50 yards as the boolit is still kind of yawing around some, but not that day. The force was not with me and I was out of time to enter a target.

But yes, the 4+ is just that 4 of'em came in at that measurement (C to C) and the 5 measurement was all 5 rounds fired.

I was very happy with my first 5 rounds using the 58 cal. But, knowing myself I just knew I would wreak it so chose to fire the other 5 rounds at a new target. As you can see with those 3 low shots, I did screw the pooch so far as group size was concerned.

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Banned

Well I've got to many Irons in the fire, and didn't even have enough boolits, or a ball mold for my new rifle so I have to pass on the match this time.