RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington recalls millions of 700 today

Boolit Mold

Remington recalls millions of 700 today

Remington has agreed to recall every 700 they have made since the later 1960's. They have not really said what exactly they are doing. I just wanted to let everyone know.

Check Remington's recall page:

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...ty-center.aspx

Remington Arms Company, LLC (“Remington”) is voluntarily recalling Remington Model 700™ and Model Seven™ rifles with X-Mark Pro® (“XMP®”) triggers, manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

They are getting any of my Model 700's back. If Remington wants to do something, send me Timney triggers for each of my rifles, not some lawyer safe junk trigger.

This new, latest trigger they came out with was supposed to be "improved" over the original Model 700 trigger. Well they didn't get it right this time either, so what are they going to put on the rifles as a "repair", a trigger with a 6 pound pull weight and 1/2 inch of travel?
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    It's a gun. It ain't s'posed to be safe. That's why we don't point em at each other.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

Unless this is a new recall, it has been out for months. I have already sent mine in and received it back with no noticeable difference.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

yes sir I am glad I bought mine back in the early 90's.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-...odelseven.aspx

As I read it it only affects rifles manufactured after a certain date in 2006 and those rifles have the X-mark pro trigger, not the original Walker trigger. In my opinion the original Walker trigger is the best factory trigger ever offered. If they did recall the earlier rifles they won't get mine to change!
    Rick

Boolit Master
    Well, even if mine were new enough for the recall they wouldn't be getting them back. I'd buy my own replacement triggers first before letting them give me a lawyer trigger. All of my 700's and M-7 were made between 83 and 88. Bought all of em new but one.

Boolit Mold

Remington recalls millions of 700 today

I would agree about sending it in for the new x-mark trigger. I've not been impressed with it. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/busi...ar-gun-n262721

In Remembrance
    The one in the news states that they are recalling all 700's ever built since the 40's iirc. And this is a new recall, I don't think it affects the xmark trigger ones.

Boolit Mold
    No it doesn't include the x trigger they are replacing with the x trigger

Boolit Master
    Got several , and they will never go back to Rem for them to "mess with". Like RickinTN, I am perfectly happy with my Walker triggers. If idiots don't mess with them they are just fine. If idiots mess with ANYTHING bad things can happen!

Boolit Master
    I've a sendero in 308 I bought some years back. Don't use it for hunting just paper punching. Rifle has about 1300 rounds through it. Never had a problem with the trigger same for my 40x single shot also in 308. Standard trigger on both rifles except I do not have the really sub ounce trigger on the 40x. I'm waiting and will see how this pans out as you know there are gonna be oerwhelmed when these rifles start coming back in. And they should pay the shipping both ways. Frank

In Remembrance
    I didn't think the article states what they will be replacing it with, it does mention walkers fix that he wanted to do before they starte producing them to start with. It also mentions they decided not too, because of the nickle per rifle extra it would cost in those days, but now is much more expensive, of course their has been several owners in between.

Boolit Grand Master

So... What do you suppose the turn around time is going to be after the first hundred thousand or so rifles hit the shop?
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

They did not say but that kind of trigger gose back in the late 90's It is all because of what they use to lube it and and then kind of like jell up.I have a 700 and ask my gun smith about it and told him when I got it and ask if he could look at t and then I went home and got it and brought it in and he look at it and then took the stock off and seen what the problem was is that that build up of lube so I had him clean the gun and then.no more problems.It is the same trigger system that is stated here and for the full take down of the gun and clean the bolt that had the build up and all he said t would of not been long that I would of had the problem that Rem had the recall on it.He dose not know why they had put that kind of a trigger on the gun compare to what they put on there pumps.i am good to go now.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Mold
    My brother in law's hunting buddy had his 700 pointed in a safe direction when he closed the bolt. That is if you consider my brother in law's truck a safe direction. Put one through his door while it was open.
    I was bench shooting and my 700 mountain rifle discharged as I closed the bolt.
    I had always been a fan of Remington. A 721, 1100, 870 all served me well. I'm less so nowadays with the way this was handled by them.

Boolit Master

I have one that has fired about 3x upon closing the bolt. Fortunately it wasn't loaded either time. I'm not sure if I will purchase a Timney trigger or send it back for factory work. I may never see it for months and then wind up buying the Timney anyway. I hate lawyer triggers.
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

Boolit Buddy
    Use brake cleaner and spray your trigger until there's no oil left inside it. Add graphite powder. Problem solved.
    Check out my vendors section:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Andy-s-Slow-Rust-Blue

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by andremajic View Post
    Use brake cleaner and spray your trigger until there's no oil left inside it. Add graphite powder. Problem solved.
    Sounds more like kicking the can down the road, kind of like remington did for how many years, and hundred of thousands in lawsuits. Why not fix the problem.