WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: 7.62x25 bullets?

7.62x25 bullets?

I think that anyone who shoots 7.62x25 Torkarev has found it frustrating to find bullets or ones that will fly well. I have found that Speer 110 half jacket hollow points work wonderful in a CZ-52. They feed well, hit the target hard and are accurate. Problem is that they are a special once a year run. HARD to get. What I would like to know is if anyone has any suggestion for the same type bullet in cast. Would like it gas checked, flat nosed, hollow point and able to run at the 1400fps range. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tired of wasting my money on J bullets that are to light in weight, wrong diameter and expensive/hard to find.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    You don't need a GC bullet. In my CZ52 I load Accurate Molds 31-087T run from wheelweights, water dropped, lubed with Lee Liquid Alox, sized .311", in Starline brass with Federal 200 primers and 5.5 grains of Bullseye. Velocity 1420 fps, NO leading and accuracy is better than PPU ball.

Same bullet, hollowpointed by www.hollowpointmold.com weighs 82 grains and fragments violently.

Suggest you get 4-cavity block and have one cavity done with Erik's insert bar mod. That way you can cast practice and range ammo and accumulate HPs. It is OK to quench the HPs. At full velocity with .15 core pin with 30 degree draft angle and 0.025 radius tip they will expand. For .32 ACP you can anneal in oven 400 degs. for 15 minutes, then turn off oven and let slow cool and they will expand down to 800 fps with 2 grains of Bullseye from a Walther PP with 10cm barrel.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 09-24-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Mihec
    312 HP brass 4 cavitlythat tossed flat points and HP's it was worth the $

Will probably cast some for the 7.65 French long {MAS} and use it that as well

For an update yall, since i'm on a limited budget(out of work lol) and the molds yall suggested are pricey(thank you for your suggestions though) I decided to give Hunters Supply Hard Cast bullets 30 caliber (309 Diameter) 115 grain round nose a try. I bought a box of 250 as sample for load data. So far the bullets look good and not beat up. Lubing is by 1 lube groove and square bottomed. Took a base load of 7grs of AA#7 to see if they would function my action. CZ-52 takes some umph to function the action. Bottom loads usually dont cycle. So far so good. Functioned the action, no leading. Thanks for all yall's replies also.

I bought a 105 gr. Accurate mould that drops .316<> for a .32-20. The same bullet as cast, works well in my CZ52 and C96 Mauser over 5.5 gr Unique. The CZ would handle more but I want to be respectful of the Mauser. The cartridges work well through both pistols but is much more accurate in the CZ.

Update on the 7.62 x 25 cast bullets. I ended up buying a Lee 113 grain .309 mold. The first batch need a little bit of work, but things smoothed out after the alloy got hot. Bullets dropped out weighing between 116 to 119 grains extreme spread. most were 116 grains. They ended up measuring .312-.313. This seems to be a good diameter since my bore is .311. Loaded up with 6.0 and 6.5 grains of AA#7. 6.0 sooted the case but functioned. 6.5 grains cleared the soot up no signs of high pressure, which I wasn't expecting anyway. Now I will try to get them to group. Thanks for all the help y'all. I have a bunch of weapons where there isn't much load data available. So its "careful" trial and error.

Boolit Master
    I have loaded a lot of tok rounds using the same bullet. No leading and very accurate. hodgen h110 for powder.

update to my reloading data. finally got a good group for me and pistol today. ended up with 2.25" group at 25 yards with 5 rounds. AA#7- 6.5 grains, lee bullet sized to 308 with aluminum gas check and tumble lubed. OAL 1.285". This is a great group for me since this is the 1st pistol i've ever owned. Should I be looking for better groups. Input encouraged