Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accomplished a miracle today.

accomplished a miracle today.

No, not sex you reptiles.

I bought a brick (500 rounds) of 22 LONG RIFLE

for under $50.

Boolit Master

I bought a brick of Remington "Thunderbolts" about six weeks ago for just under 20.00. Now I read on one of the other posts that they lead barrels. Well cr@? !

Boolit Grand Master

Expect Miracles! While I wouldn't pay $40+ for a brick of 22 lr, yet, (especially Remington ammo). I'm glad you found some. I still have a few bricks left...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master

Well, I actually saw some .22LR ammo on the shelf at Wal-mart the other day, but at the price they were charging, I don't think I'll ever be that desperate for it. I think they were wanting around $8 for a box of 50. Last time I bought .22LR ammo, it was $7-8 for a brick of *500*. I still have a couple of bricks of it left, but since I don't see being able to replace it for that cheap these days, I don't shoot it.

Boolit Grand Master

Did you walk into a store and buy them without any shipping and handling fee's tacked on ?
    When I can walk into a store, without getting there before daylight and waiting for hours in a line, and purchase a brick or bulk pack, for under $20.00 then I will call it a certifiable miracle!
    I'm not going to hold my breath , that day may well never come. Once a price goes up....it don't never come down.
    Years ago whenever I was in a store that had 22's on sale, I always bought at least one or two bricks/bulk packs....wife thought I had a problem, but now I'm glad I got them when the getting was good.
    Gary

Just bought a couple Federal 325 packs for around $17 each
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    .22 ammo is easy to find if you're willing to buy mid grade stuff like Norma, Eley, RWS or Wolf Match. Its the $.05 a round stuff that you can't get. A gun shop near me often has Federal Automatch 325 packs but wants $25 for them ($27.50 with the lovely 9.75% TN tax), for that I'd rather get some decent ammo online for $5.25 a box and have some good ammo.

Boolit Mold
    Got the email from Grafs for the Rem ammo at $39.95 which is $20.00 over priced. They sold out within the hour. I didn't order as I don't need any (have over 10,000) bought before the stupid fess started. But people paying these types of prices will make these Higher, gouging prices the new retail norm. Just before things went topsy turvy the same Grafs & Sons were selling Amscor .22 Mag ammo for $7.95 a box of 50, new price is now $17.95. Also Amscor .22 LRHP were selling for under $20.00 a brick new price is $49.95 a brick...enjoy these new double, triple retail prices we have done it to our-self's by being willing to pay these stupid high prices and then think we got a bargain....

In Remembrance
    I saw that the local 'farm store' had a small amount of rimfire ammo on the shelf. First time in a couple of years, for me.
    But, they still can't get any 'good stuff'. It's been so long, they can't even remember how to spell CCI.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master
    A month ago my Wal-Mart had Winchester 1,000 rd. count for 50.00 plus tx.. I bought the last one. Three had come in.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Boolit Buddy
    a new field & stream store opened in my area the wife and I went in there Friday evening there were cars backed up 1/4 mile just to get in they had a few pallets of Remington thunderbolt ammo for 24.95 a brick they had win 333 packs for 14.95 and Remington buckets of 22 ammo I think they were 59.95 not sure how many rounds . I was tempted to grab a few but I just didn't feel like dealing with the long lines . I was more interested in reloading componants till I saw there prices 49.95 per 1k federal and cci primers . they did have win primers for 34.95 wich wasn't to horrible hornady xtp bullets were 24.95 per 100 . and all reloading tools were very over priced imho.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I was at a gunshot a couple of weeks ago that I haunt once in a while. While I was looking a pistol over I hard another customer ask it they had any 22s. The clerk told him they had some CCI LR and if I remember correctly, he told the customer he would sell him two boxes of 100 and the price was around $8.00 a box.

I haven't shot any 22s in at least a couple of years just brecause I got tired of getting a number and waiting in line. My 22s sit unfired and Im beginning to wonder if I really want to hold on to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    I was at a gunshot a couple of weeks ago that I haunt once in a while. While I was looking a pistol over I hard another customer ask it they had any 22s. The clerk told him they had some CCI LR and if I remember correctly, he told the customer he would sell him two boxes of 100 and the price was around $8.00 a box.

I haven't shot any 22s in at least a couple of years just brecause I got tired of getting a number and waiting in line. My 22s sit unfired and Im beginning to wonder if I really want to hold on to them.
    Yes, you do.

Unless you want to send them to me for free, that is.

I just brought home a box of 500 from Academy, Remingtons..$22.
    Academy, limit 1 though.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

Last week the Owatonna (MN) Cabelas had Minimags for $8.99/100. Also had the CCI bulk packs of WMR. Limit was 200 rounds per customer.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." A. Brilliant

I think it's interesting how people brag on the internet how they got ripped off, LOL.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further brotherhood of a man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

Boolit Master
    Nowdays, I find it cheaper to reload 22 hornet. That stuff never was cheap!
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejack View Post
    I bought a brick of Remington "Thunderbolts" about six weeks ago for just under 20.00. Now I read on one of the other posts that they lead barrels. Well cr@? !
    Those come in boxes with the plastic retainer, correct? What I do is pull the retainer out keeping the cartridges retained. A small trim paint brush loaded with Johnson's Paste Wax dabbled over the lead bullets and a short dry time works wonders. I've thought about trying Recluse's recipe, but the JPW works so well alone.

prs

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I think it's interesting how people brag on the internet how they got ripped off, LOL.
    Well, some people like like to brag about getting screwed. Well, at least to others who are not getting screwed. I think they are just confused about which definition of "screwed" they should be striving for.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by canyon-ghost View Post
    Nowdays, I find it cheaper to reload 22 hornet. That stuff never was cheap!
    I reload .223 instead. That 6-cavity Lee mold sure puts out a lot of bullets from one pot of lead.