RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Pay Pal anti gun

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    I have used M Os for hundreds of purchases.

No money for Play Pal and it saves the seller also.

Just sent a Postal M O to a seller in Canada and he is returning it as no bank in Canada will cash our Postal M Os.

I thought that would be the safest and easiest for both of us BUT.
    Go to your bank and get a certified bank check. If you account is large enough, they are free as are bank money orders. Mine are. That is what I use for payments to individuals.

Also check with your Canadian person to see if his bank will accept a cert US bank check. Any piece of paper can be forged with todays printers, so please, no comments from the peanut gallery! But cert bank checks should work across the border. I use bank wire transfers for international payments (everywhere) for my company but those cost.

Good luck.

banger

Boolit Master

Montana Charlie is correct. The only problem is that they don't know how to screen things. eBay allows you to sell moulds and other reloading equipment and PayPal allows those transactions. The only problem is if you list that a mould is good for use with an ar15 or ak47 they will remove it and it goes against you. I even spoke to a representative who told me I was trying to sell a gun part. I explained it was a mold and they have a complete section for molds. Meanwhile, you can buy ar15 stocks, tools, hand guards, etc... No problem. They want to please the Libs but still make money.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Apparently none of the adds that were brought up in those searches had the words like " assault rifle, or hi capacity or AR15" or other trigger words. The people who run pay pal are ignorant of firearm fact, just like the news readers on the boob toob. they rely on trigger words and no matter what the item is, if there is a trigger word the listing will be rejected. I put a scope mount on ebay for an AR15 once and mentioned that it was for an AR15 and it only took about 30 minutes for them to reject it and threaten me with account freezing if I was to re list it. There were pages of similar items still for sale and probably about a dozen individual adds for identical mounts still listed, but none said specifically AR15. I gave them bad feedback for their willfull ignorance when they sent me a questionair asking how they were doing.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

In Remembrance
    Where does ebays/paypals political contributions go?
    Someone ask if we turn down doing business with every antigun/freedom company, the answer is I try, but feel it is a wasted effort as many feel it is ok to fund the fight gainst our freedoms. I do use paypal when I have to, but seldom do when their is an alternative.
    I am in the middle of a wreck with a MO order, that was apparently lost in the mail, so nothing is fool proof.

Boolit Master

You can buy barrels, BCG's, Muzzle Brakes, ect. they sell thousands of gun items daily.

Quote Originally Posted by StratsMan View Post
    I didn't scan all auctions from all the searches you quoted, but I did notice that the vast majority of the auctions were for tools. I don't recall reading anything against selling/buying tools, whether they are specific to firearms or not. Boolit molds are tools, reloading presses are tools, and eBay is a major source for both.

I was a bit surprised to see the flintlock kit auctions. Even though they lacked a barrel, they still had a lot of "firearm" parts... I have seen auctions for disallowed parts, too... Depending on how the auction is worded, it may pass under the eBay radar... Some got pulled before the auction concluded, but some did not. With the volume of ads that go up every day, they're bound to miss a few things....

Boolit Master
    I can understand their stances on not becoming involved with the selling and the transfer of monies on the sale of ATF required serial numbered items, or others that may be illegal in certain states or localities. However . . .

. . . at one time, I had too many Garand en-bloc clips and decided to sell them on eBay (before I knew about and joined Cast Boolits). I listed and sold ten, then listed and sold another ten. The third auction of ten was yanked, even though someone had already bid on them. I asked why and was told that they were restricted items. I replied back that I'd already sold some, and that there were other listings, for them. Essentially, I was told that it made no difference, selling the clips were against company policy. I suspect that some new employee saw the auction and decided to show the boss how alert and smart he/she was.

Also, I had a few auctions for Enfield stripper clips, and sold them without any problems.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Refusing to purchase goods from every company or retailer that is anti 2nd amendment is like trying to never purchase Chinese goods. LOL

Ain't gonna work, period.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Refusing to purchase goods from every company or retailer that is anti 2nd amendment is like trying to never purchase Chinese goods. LOL

Ain't gonna work, period.
    That is exactly the attitude, that gives me the feeling that I am wasting my efforts, but I will continue to waste them. lol There is really not a whole lot of stuff we have to buy that is made in China, it is basically a matter of choice.

Boolit Grand Master

I try as much as possible as well. But it's a losing battle unfortunately. Every little bit helps but when you're dealing w/ companies that make billions even if you take $100k out of their pocket it's nothing.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    That is exactly the attitude, that gives me the feeling that I am wasting my efforts, but I will continue to waste them. lol There is really not a whole lot of stuff we have to buy that is made in China, it is basically a matter of choice.
    With as few companies that are making things here it is getting harder and harder.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

The key to understanding ebay's bizarre enforcement policy is that they try to automate everything. The problem with that is you can report a post 68 receiver 10 times and they will ignore you and the auction will complete (seen it happen), but if two hot button words show up in your listing they'll lock your ebay and paypal accounts and it will be 3 weeks before a human (in CA who knows nothing of guns) reviews the case.

Reporting infractions is almost useless because rival sellers report each other constantly and flood the system.

I have had zero problems buying and selling reloading and legal, policy-compliant gun parts, because I read and follow all the rules including the unspoken ones. Still it is not my favorite place but often it is the only place. The gun auction sites are too many and fragment the market, and all reloading components are listed at full retail price, so there are no bargains.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    Just sent a Postal M O to a seller in Canada and he is returning it as no bank in Canada will cash our Postal M Os.

I thought that would be the safest and easiest for both of us BUT.
    Go to the Post Office and buy an International Postal Money Order.
    They are good in Canada.
    If you had told the clerk where yours was going, s/he might have been awake enough to clue you in to begin with.

If the amount is quite large, you may need to buy more than one.
    There is a restriction on the amount.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Sometimes there is no choice but Chinese, but if there is buy from another nation. Same story goes for eBay/paypal avoid as best we can.

Ha, Ha, Ha!!! Sold some SKS clips on EBay today and used PayPal! EBay doesn't deal with anything that requires a background check.

Boolit Master
    I have purchased barrels, cylinders, hammers, triggers, side plates.... just about every part for a .38/44 Outdoorsman except a serial numbered frame !

Jerry

I just checked and there are dozens of items similar to this that are currently listed:

Last edited by GLL; 09-14-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    I think they operate on the dont ask dont tell policy. Officially they are anti gun. But there is plenty of gun related stuff being moved around via paypal payments.
    They are just like most Libtards. Anti this anti that, Until they can make a buck off of it. Then it is shhhhhh, wink wink nudge nudge.
    I think if some test case really pushed it, even with an agreement stating it is forbidden by policy.
    They may have a problem when they are infringing on legal interstate commerce.
    Plus infringing on other peoples constitutionally protected rights. Once they are big enough that a case can be made. " To be successful in a market place you must accept paypal or you are at a disadvantage."

But if I was a vendor I would be careful not to have to much money tied up in a paypal account that they can sequester at a whim and you have to prove you did nothing wrong.
    Last edited by A pause for the COZ; 09-14-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

To be anti gun, the company has to actively work to eliminate private firearms ownership. Merely deciding they don't wish to engage in the firearms or components business is not anti gun.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Banned
    Recently I tried to use Paypal for the purchase of some 45LC brass from Starline only to have it side lined by Paypal. My credit rating is 839 so credit is not an issue. The second time Paypal finally processed the transaction.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    To be anti gun, the company has to actively work to eliminate private firearms ownership. Merely deciding they don't wish to engage in the firearms or components business is not anti gun.
    Sir, I wish to disagree with you. I believe any action like failure to process payment or shipping of components, primers, powder, cases, and reloading equipment is anti gun because without these components the gun isn't usable.