Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon Square Deal B and 32 acp

Boolit Mold

Dillon Square Deal B and 32 acp

Guys. I just bought CZ Skorpion in 32 asp. I have 2 Dillon Square Deal presses, one set up for 9mm and second one for 45 Acp.
    Now I found out Dillon does not make conversion kit for SDBs. Not even dies. What can I do? All I don't want is to buy another progressive press.

Boolit Grand Master
    How extensive is your die and shell holder assortment for single-stage loading? If you are already equipped with this tooling, take a look at the Ponsness-Warren Metal-Matic P-200 at www.reloaders.com I have small to moderate-sized lots of MANY pistol calibers, and the P-W press is how I go about loading most of my pistol calibers. They call it "semi-progressive", it is more like a turret press--but the shell holder moves from station to station, instead of rotating a tool head like turret presses do. My loading rate is 175-200 rounds per hour with a little organization ahead of time.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master

Dillon is the only game in town for SDB dies. You're hosed and get to buy a new press.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

You can sell the 32 and buy a 380, buy factory 32 ammo or another press.

Just how much 32 acp do you plan to load at one time? If I had enough brass, I'd process it in batches. I've had a 650 since '96, have conversions to handle 45, 38/357, 9mm, 40, 44spl/44mag & 223. Having those saves me enough time that I can load others on my single stage. Mostly stuff I have 50 pieces of brass in active use at a time, but right now I'm 2 steps into processing about 850 pieces of 30-30 on my single stage. I've got buckets loaded with the other stuff ready for range trips, this allows time to load a few cartridges single stage every week. If single stage ain't your boat, I'm pretty sure the Lee classic cast turret is stout enough that it can handle 32 acp.
    Happiness is a couple of 38's and a bucket of ammo.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    How extensive is your die and shell holder assortment for single-stage loading? If you are already equipped with this tooling, take a look at the Ponsness-Warren Metal-Matic P-200 at www.reloaders.com I have small to moderate-sized lots of MANY pistol calibers, and the P-W press is how I go about loading most of my pistol calibers. They call it "semi-progressive", it is more like a turret press--but the shell holder moves from station to station, instead of rotating a tool head like turret presses do. My loading rate is 175-200 rounds per hour with a little organization ahead of time.
    I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that the P- 200 is available anymore. PW just makes the Met II in a metallic press now, which makes the price substantially more than another Dillon SDB.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LUBEDUDE View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I don't believe that the P- 200 is available anymore. PW just makes the Met II in a metallic press now, which makes the price substantially more than another Dillon SDB.
    I don't think it's there anymore either. It's the 375c redone for metallic. I often wonder if I swap heads and cartridge holder I could do the same for mine. The 375c is the most versatile and best single stage reloader I've ever used for shotshells. Love the easy swapping gauges.

take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master

Time to get a 650. I'm always looking for excuses to get new equipment.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like you guys are correct about the P-200, I last looked about a year ago and P-W still offered it. The 375 resembles the P-200, not sure why they stopped offering it--maybe Dillon just stole their thunder.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 07-04-2014 at 10:11 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I need a .32 SD too. Let's start pestering them!

Boolit Master
    Does Dillon make anything smaller so that you might be able to modify one by cutting it larger.

Boolit Master

I have, in my possession, a Dillon Square Deal conversion and die set for 32 S&W Long/32 H&R Magnum.

If if it would help anyone, I would be happy to measure the parts. PM me with what you would like me to measure.

Boolit Grand Master
    The 32 ACP shares an RCBS shell holder size with the 30 U.S. Carbine. If you load the Carbine--the 32-20 WCF--the 32 Long/Magnum/327--the 7.62 x 38R Nagant--the 7.65 MAS--you get accustomed to swapping shell holders and die sets around. This has to be do-able, somehow. The 32 ACP is too good a caliber to die on the vine from lack of tooling.

Every time I read this thread I remember that I respect the other members who have posted in the thread otherwise I would simply say ---Baahawaaa- HeHeHeHe what do you expect its a 32ACP!!! -the caliber which has caused me more vexation than any other FAIRLY COMMON caliber. Good luck in your search.
    regards,

The 32 ACP shares an RCBS shell holder size with the 30 U.S. Carbine. If you load the Carbine--the 32-20 WCF--the 32 Long/Magnum/327--the 7.62 x 38R Nagant--the 7.65 MAS--you get accustomed to swapping shell holders and die sets around. This has to be do-able, somehow. The 32 ACP is too good a caliber to die on the vine from lack of tooling.
    It's not a problem to load it, you just can't on the SD. They use proprietary dies that are different from any other and Dillon only offers dies for them in the most common pistol rounds. 32acp didn't make it on the list.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kerr View Post
    Every time I read this thread I remember that I respect the other members who have posted in the thread otherwise I would simply say ---Baahawaaa- HeHeHeHe what do you expect its a 32ACP!!! -the caliber which has caused me more vexation than any other FAIRLY COMMON caliber. Good luck in your search.
    Mike, just a few years ago, Pardini started making a pistol chambered for the 32 ACP for Bullseye competition. Initially they were designed for the Hornady factory 60 grain XTP but a bunch of us have experimented extensively to get lead bullets to shoot well in the gun also. So far, we have beaten the XTP round and are trying to go even farther. Our success will probably make the popularity of this caliber jump a great deal because it is an improvement over the 32 long.

Warbird, When I changed to ACP from the 32 long, I changed the shell plate also but am using a 550 so it was available. It seemed like the 32 long shell plate would have worked but it set the wrong distance from the bottom and the ACP wouldn't fit so maybe if a washer was made, it would work. I will try today to see what is possible and post it later. I did use the same die set as the long but had to shorten the taper crimp die so it wouldn't bottom on the press. The bullet seater is the same because a 32 long with a wadcutter is the same length as a 32 ACP with a SWC and the sizing die is also the same. I am using a Lee .002 oversize sizing die because the Pardini has a barrel that measures .3138 and when a bullet that diameter is inserted into the case the case has to be expanded quite a bit so as to not swage the bullet down and make it inaccurate and I don't want to size the brass more than necessary. I think the 32ACP guns measure all over the place and most will have a barrel diameter a lot smaller than the Pardini.

Boolit Master
    I tried to use the 32 long shell plate on my 550 with the 32 ACP. It won't work to prime the cases but everything else worked. The only problem you may have is that the case might pull out after sizing. The ACP doesn't have as much of a rim on it as the long so it isn't gripped very tight. Before the primer will go all the way into the case, it pops out of the plate. Maybe it will work and maybe not.

Boolit Master
    I'd just buy the original lee turret press with the 4 die turret,dies and be done with it. The classic cast IMO has to long of a stroke.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Vendor Sponsor

I have same problem. I want to reload 32 acp on my square deal B. If some one is capable of making drawings / 3d models I will machine parts and dies.

Boolit Master
    Just thought but could Lee 32 dies be made to fit a Square Deal B?? I don't have one so I don't know what the thread size is, but I understand it is smaller than 7/8"-14.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller