Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: 22 tcm

Boolit Master

22 tcm

In a pistol, not much woo-hoo factor for me. But I cannot stop thinking/building in my head a short action or a single poke something with a 12 or 14 or maybe a 16 twist 16" tube with threads on the front just in case. Is it just me?

Boolit Buddy
    Nope. I've been patiently waiting for Armscor to release their 22TCM bolt action rifle since announced at SHOT 2013.

I don't know where it is supposed to be made: their new facility in NV (I don't know if it is complete yet) or in the Philippines (typhoon last year?). Either way, no hint of them yet...

I almost built a Savage into one. Decided to use it for something else, and continue waiting. Maybe I'll still do it if I run into another Savage action for cheap.

Boolit Buddy
    Contender barrels are available in 22 tcm now. Been thinking of trying one

Boolit Buddy
    I like one in a single shot to use longer bullets than what the pistol uses. Prefer the contender; although, I already have the contender with the 5.7x28 chambering and it is a joy to shoot. The 22 TCM seems to have a little more room to try different loads than the 5.7x28. I do like the 5.7x28. You use very little powder to get 22 mag, 22 hornet velocities.
    Camba

Boolit Master

I figure for a rifle, I would just load .223 with a few grains of Red Dot to get .22TCM velocities. And still have room for going higher. For a handgun though, I like that RIA M1911 double stack with the extra 9mm barrel and spring.

Boolit Buddy
    The LGS owner has a contender custom made a while ago (he had to supply the reamer) it's a lite weight 16in that he absolutely loves.

Boolit Master
    Just thoughts from possibly being in this mental place of what if ( ) for too long. I have what I would call more than enough stuff to make a whole bunch of 22TCM's up. Having not figured out how to reload rim fire yet, and at probably 4-8 grains of whatever, bulk bullets, 700-1750 rounds per pound is just over 22LR prices that you cannot find today. Boolits puts it easily under ten cents a round at todays prices. A single shot could be pulled off with little fuss, trying to figure out a bolt with pistol mag. The forward locking lugs are the killer in area behind chamber with up to one inch of unsupported/uncontrolled in and out. See how well I have advanced in the justification/process of building me a new toy!

Boolit Buddy
    FWIW, I just received a reply from Armscor (on a Sunday) about their 22TCM bolt action:

They are Made in the Philippines, They should start shipping mid august
    I wouldn't recommend holding your breath, but...

I've had a preorder in place for many months. I wonder if it is still active.

Boolit Buddy
    Armscor news release reports 100 22 TCM rifles were released in August and 300 to be released in September and each month thereafter. It looks like Armscor's 22-Hornet and 22-TCM rifles are using the same barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
    Just thoughts from possibly being in this mental place of what if ( ) for too long. I have what I would call more than enough stuff to make a whole bunch of 22TCM's up. Having not figured out how to reload rim fire yet, and at probably 4-8 grains of whatever, bulk bullets, 700-1750 rounds per pound is just over 22LR prices that you cannot find today. Boolits puts it easily under ten cents a round at todays prices. A single shot could be pulled off with little fuss, trying to figure out a bolt with pistol mag. The forward locking lugs are the killer in area behind chamber with up to one inch of unsupported/uncontrolled in and out. See how well I have advanced in the justification/process of building me a new toy!
    9mm Largo destroyer rifle with necked down cases and .22 barrel?
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of the new carbines, unless I can get it worked out I wouldn't get to excited yet.