Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bruce Dern Estate

Bruce Dern Estate

Am amazing opportunity...all you need is plenty of cash.

http://theothersideof kim.com/

Click on "Great Googly-Moogly"

Sigh........
    "I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots, or only five..."

That's some collection.

I'll take the anti-tank rifles and the REMINGTON NO. 3 HEPBURN... 300 buck, each... my final offer!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Wow, thats a collection! I'll take the Savage pistol in 45acp, the Grease gun to match,, the Lahti 20mm...etc,etc,etc.....

Major drool factor...

direct link..

http://juliaauctions.net/auctions/23....asp?col=stern
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Bruce STERN, not the actor Bruce Dern who has a lovely daughter, Laura. You have to remove the space between "of" and "kim" to make the link work. Quite a collection.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Bruce Stern sure had a lot of disposable income. I'm guessing he was single. . . .

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Gotta wonder if he knew Henry Bowman....
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Moderator Emeritus
    There is an article in the Feb 2008 American Rifleman about his collection and the auction. Here is the lead in:

"NRA directory and top military arms collector Bruce E. Stern spent a lifetime assembling a world-class collection. Some of his best pieces will be displayed at the National Firearms Museum."

There are more than 2000 items in the collection! There are over 100 machine guns.

John

Question

Hmmmm. When you start reading the descriptions of the full auto specimens, you begin to see an alarming rate of "unservicable" condition due to "plugging the barrel" stuff.

So you couldn't shoot them, but they still want $25 to $40K for them? WTH?
    Regards,

WE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by C1PNR View Post
    Hmmmm. When you start reading the descriptions of the full auto specimens, you begin to see an alarming rate of "unservicable" condition due to "plugging the barrel" stuff.

So you couldn't shoot them, but they still want $25 to $40K for them? WTH?
    they are "DEWATs"(deactivated war trophies and similar) Likely registered in the 1968 amnesty or before, but no taxes paid at that time. Since they were registered, they could be the basis for building a legal machine gun. Pay your tax, and repair or replace as needed.

In Remebrance

Glad it wasn't Bruce Dern. I love watching him die in The Cowboys, but not as much as I loved him in "Support your Local Sheriff". Can't abide his politics and yes, his daughter is hot in a skinny, blond sort of way.

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by richbug View Post
    they are "DEWATs"(deactivated war trophies and similar) Likely registered in the 1968 amnesty or before, but no taxes paid at that time. Since they were registered, they could be the basis for building a legal machine gun. Pay your tax, and repair or replace as needed.
    With most machine guns, repairing a plugged barrel is extremely easy, just swap another in place of the one that's plugged. A fast, easy job, since Machine guns are mostly made to change barrels easily.

As far as that collection goes, it certainly made me realize what a little punk boy collection of guns I own. Yes, I drooled when I looked at the picks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFloweryBranchGA View Post
    As far as that collection goes, it certainly made me realize what a little punk boy collection of guns I own. Yes, I drooled when I looked at the picks.

Dave
    My "collection" might be small but I cast, reload and shoot them all! Health issues have reduced my toy selection in the last few years but I still have more than enough.
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine