Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Happiness is,,,,,

Boolit Master

Happiness is,,,,,

Sorting through three heaping 5 gallon buckets of FREE wheel weights and finding only about 4 lbs of Zinc!

These are old wheel weights that have been sitting in a barn for years so the low Zinc content is not surprising, my wife just can't seem to understand why I get so excited by those heavy buckets of dirty lead but I thought you guys might understand!

Boolit Man

...all giddy just thinking about it...

My lucky event

10 years or so ago I had a friend that owned a tire shop. Bought my tires there, played racquetball with him, did some shooting with him. He particularly liked shooting the machine guns.
    I'd swap some blasting ammo (reloaded 158gr swc 38 mostly) for an occasional bucket of wheel weights. I had a number of sources and didn't want to seem to be greedy. He always seemed to think just shooting the machine guns was payment enough.
    He eventually sold the shop, called and told me that I could have whatever I could carry away before 4 pm on Friday because that was the closing (this was on Wednesday).
    I saw 6 55 gallon drums filled to the top with wheel weights out back. Darn near had an orgasm.....I took out well over a TON of wheel weights over the next two days.
    I'd take handfuls at a time, put them into 5 gallon buckets, fill them up, put them in the trunk of my car, drive 25 miles, take them out, drive 25 miles back and repeat. For two days I did this. Bloody fingers, sore arms and hands, sore back and legs, but who cared? This was a once in a lifetime chance.
    I am really all set for life. Very few zincs in the load.
    Thanks, Bob Davis.....I am forever grateful to you! THAT is what you call a friend.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Bub

I'm not finding many zinc but lot's of steel here in La. Last 5 gal cost $20.00 so I'll take the steel and sell it for scrap.

Boolit Master
    A warm gun.
    Couldn't resist the Beatles reference!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    10 years or so ago I had a friend that owned a tire shop. Bought my tires there, played racquetball with him, did some shooting with him. He particularly liked shooting the machine guns.
    I'd swap some blasting ammo (reloaded 158gr swc 38 mostly) for an occasional bucket of wheel weights. I had a number of sources and didn't want to seem to be greedy. He always seemed to think just shooting the machine guns was payment enough.
    He eventually sold the shop, called and told me that I could have whatever I could carry away before 4 pm on Friday because that was the closing (this was on Wednesday).
    I saw 6 55 gallon drums filled to the top with wheel weights out back. Darn near had an orgasm.....I took out well over a TON of wheel weights over the next two days.
    I'd take handfuls at a time, put them into 5 gallon buckets, fill them up, put them in the trunk of my car, drive 25 miles, take them out, drive 25 miles back and repeat. For two days I did this. Bloody fingers, sore arms and hands, sore back and legs, but who cared? This was a once in a lifetime chance.
    I am really all set for life. Very few zincs in the load.
    Thanks, Bob Davis.....I am forever grateful to you! THAT is what you call a friend.

Suddenly my find seems so,,,,,,, well trivial, compared to winning the lottery like you did!!

Boolit Master

If someone gave me 6 barrels, I think I'd hire a mover !