RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32 winchester special

Boolit Grand Master

Loading/shooting "free" thutty-thutty brass appeals to the tightwad in me but proper length and headstamp appeal to me on other levels. I wish they had Hornady brass but I don't know when they'll be getting into the slower-moving products. Winchester 32 Spl brass was $27.46/50.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Loading/shooting "free" thutty-thutty brass appeals to the tightwad in me but proper length and headstamp appeal to me on other levels. I wish they had Hornady brass but I don't know when they'll be getting into the slower-moving products. Winchester 32 Spl brass was $27.46/50.
    Much better, only .55/case. I keep on the hunt for once fired as I'm a second hand guy if there ever was one. In the meantime the 30-30 is for range use. Gets me really close without a lot of cost.
    Last edited by Fugowii; 07-31-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Kind of suspected if I mentioned the power difference thing about a chipmunk a 32 special shooter would comment. 32 Special has a little more potential, especially with heavier bullets over a 30-30. As stated I have an old Marlin 35 with a 24" barrel and half magazine that handles my desires very well. Seen examples of that same model in a 32 special and think they would be a very fine rifle.
    Kind of like TXgunnut I feel that whether or not there is any practical difference between them, the little extra don't hurt either.

DP

Boolit Master

Got an 1949 (as I recall) old Marlin .32 Spl. Wood and metal is ugly as a fence post. Bought it at a gun show and came home and thought I'd been had but after soaking out the copper fouling for about a week, I can see good rifling and it shoots really well. Don't get much use but it's a reliable, hard hitting shooter with cast./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I have 2 Winchester 94 er's chambered in 32 win special, One pre 64 Rifle and one wrangler with 16 inch barrel. Killed my first deer with the wrangler. However they booth shoot extremely well with cb.

Boolit Master
    it seams like every special order 84 I have is in.32.

I have a 94 carbine in .32 that is u.s. gov. property marked. don't know what it was used for. we think it mite have been a guard gun.

Boolit Grand Master

Stumbled across a nice 94 in 32WS today. It's all your fault, OP!

Thanks, BTW.

My RD 323-180 is a bit fat for the rifling, ordered the NOE 322-180.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.