Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA changes shipping policy

Boolit Master

too late. i have long ago given up on midway. they used to be probably the best in the business, now, i hate the company. for far too long, the shipping charges have been outrageous, the prices used to be excellent, now they are the same or higher than everyone else, and then we come to the fact that they never have anything in stock. all of these problems have been going on with them for at least 5 years, like many others i have emailed them numerous times explaining how i felt, but larry just didnt care. i guess his bad business practices have finally ticked off enough people to hurt his pocket book, because he just flat didnt care before.

Boolit Buddy
    Nobody wants to buy something that says PLUS shipping. They dont want to be hassled with whats it going to cost to ship or how much handling fees is the seller going to add...........

People do that here on the S&S with "SHIPPED" prices and on ebay with FREE shipping. Grafs and sons been doing flat rate rate shipping (5 or 6 dollars)since I can remember. They charge more the for the item and offset it with a lower shipping price. I used to compare prices at Midwayusa with there lower prices and higher shipping With grafs with there higher prices and lower shipping rates. This is nothing new.

Believe me the shipping and handling is built into the price.
    Last edited by KohlerK91; 06-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Boolit Master

I haven't ordered from Midway in many, many years because of their shipping prices.

I'd be thrilled to do business with them at reasonable shipping charges.

Boolit Buddy

Ordered 4 Wilson spring and follower kits and a TDI knife over the weekend, and was pleasantly surprised shipping was a third of the cost of my last order, and no "handling" fee
    NRA Life Member
    Member Florida Carry
    Founding member/moderator COTEP

Boolit Master

I've recently ordered a couple of small orders for gun repairs and was charged the new rates. Since I never know what will come through the door next I don't try to stock much beyond screws, spring stock and cleaning materials. It still miffs me that I was invited to forego the dealer discounts and become a retail customer but at least I can order a firing pin and spring and the shipping doesn't exceed teh cost of the parts.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy

I agree with lefty. Too little and too late.

I'm with Lefty and Shooter.........just because "they" decided to discontinue the beatings doesn't mean I'm willing to kiss and make up and be pals again.....I'll continue to go to the vendors that weren't "beating" me up in the first place....thanks Larry, but no thanks...

Boolit Grand Master

That USPS final delivery is garbage for me. It just adds an extra day or two and you lose tracking when it's handed off to the post office. I don't understand how either company makes money w/ that setup. I gladly pay the extra money for UPS to my door.

Boolit Master
    First, Midway dropped free shipping. Then, they stopped printing a catalogue. They followed that by eliminating dealer pricing. Oh, and the websites search function leaves much to be desired. Now, they are attempting to lure me back with lower shipping costs. Maybe, someday, Mr. Potterfield will discover a business plan that is both competitive and long term.

Midway used to get all my business. That's all changed, as there are many companies with lower prices, outstanding customer service, and charge only actual shipping costs.

Nitro Express Shipping is not exactly express, as the hand off from UPS to the USPS will add at least one day to the delivery time.

Boolit Grand Master

Just making a good thing better, IMHO. I generally have a large enough order that it ships UPS all the way, didn't like the USPS final delivery much if I was in a hurry.
    Still a bit ticked off about the birthday sale. Didn't get the invite this year and the shelves were bare in 2013. Birthday sale is a good opportunity to stock up on supplies and such that are seldom on sale.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    I received no birthday sale either, just figured they ended it.
    I did get a happy birthday though.

Boolit Grand Master

Last order or two shipped free anyway, just need to watch carefully. Oops, just put something in my cart.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Love Life
    I never stopped ordering from Midway, and more than likely never will. Ya'll go ahead and swear them off and leave more stuff in stock for me! Grafs has a minimum order which peeves me to no end. Titan charges outrageous amounts to ship a set of dies...or a mould... or anything to my house in Nevada. Nobody is perfect, but thank the Lord we have choices.

Boolit Master
    I've never ordered powder online, but have thought of doing so. I see that Midway has a $9.99 fee for powder in addition to the $28.50 Hazmat fee. I don't understand what the $9.99 is for - is that the same everywhere else?
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

They seem to be the only big supplier that can't get powder. The others seem to get a little here and there.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Moderator Emeritus

I got an email asking why I kept abandoning carts. Told them their shipping stunk. Depending what I need I buy local, Lee stuff from Titan because I basically get next day shipping they are so close, Natchez Shooter Supply has seen some of my business.

Boolit Man
    Like others said, too little, too late. That arbitrary $10.00 for AK is a deal killer too.

As Amazon carries more and more gun related stuff, I see no reason to go back to Midway. The vast majority of what I buy on Amazon has free shipping to AK.... Got some star line brass, and a set of dies in the way. 2day shipping, free, and cheaper than Midway.

Boolit Buddy
    I used to work for an auction company - they made as much from shipping as they did the products. I suspect this is Midway's thought too. I gave up on Midway a long time ago. There are better sources.

Yep, Glad to hear Midway is lowering shipping prices. However, It's a little late. Back in there Hay day I bought only from Midway and Sinclair. Primarily because I was shooting long Range Rifle and needed the speciality Tools that Sinclair could offer everything else was Midway.
    As time has gone by other on line stores have come on and offered little to no shipping and I had no choice but to look at there competitors or be a fool and waste money I could use on my hobby. The most frustrating and heart wrenching thing in the world is to get a chance to buy some badly needed 22lr ammo priced at $35 a brick that use to sell for $19 and then to get to the check out and see Shipping is another $15.74...lol...and then Dare to ask me to round up $1.26 for the NRA...lol...
    I hope they continue to stream line and lower there prices. They do seem to have more product on hand than other company's they just need to be more competitive..

Boolit Master

MidwayUSA has great customer service and the best selection in the shooting online world. I often find all I need at MidwayUSA when other places only have an item or two. Everyone owes it to himself to compare availability and selection. Then consider the final price rather than obsess about supposedly high shipping costs. Many times MidwayUSA comes out ahead. I wouldn't swear off any company unless they gave me poor customer service.