MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bee Hunting

Try a badminton racquet for a more sporting experience.
    "Time wounds all heels." Well, maybe not, but it helps me to think so rather than responding to bad actors.

Boolit Master
    Sounds like a job for couscous. Any recommendations chicken flavor vs plain?

Boolit Buddy
    Neighbors are too close for me to try this, but the chickens come a-runnin' when they see the tennis racket come out.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCaveman View Post
    Boring bees, eh? Im more into killing the exciting bees around here, like the yellow jackets and hornets. Those suckers take a bite of you, and come back for more! Problem is, they usually fly solo and like to frequent my plate of BBQ chicken and pasta salad. Blasting them is not good for the overall dinner experience!

Kidding of course, but im thinking maybe a little "after dinner medicine" using the very pasta they seem to love might discourage them...of course, i would have to include the mayo & mustard part of the recipe...

You have to load with salt maybe a pinch of pepper

Boolit Grand Master

I don't do too bad with a badminton racket. SIL and I strained 0ver 180 year before last. I calked the holes with silicone, and there are lots fewer this year.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    That's what we use at my Dad's log cabin. My son and I keep score. There are some areas around his cabin that it looks like he was using a circular saw all day long and swept all the saw dust into a pile. It is the bees. All the time!
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider View Post
    That would be a good use for grits, it's certainly no use as food.
    hold on now grits are awesome!! put some cheese and bacon pieces in there. real bacon not those "bits". i cut mine up with scissors then fry them up in the skillet that never leaves the stovetop. put some liquid smoke and a little cream cheese, maybe add some rotel and jalapenos..........uuuuummmmm!
    oh and i have to use the raquet to kill my bees too. neighbors call the cops a lot for "little explosions" next door already.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jakec View Post
    hold on now grits are awesome!! put some cheese and bacon pieces in there. real bacon not those "bits". i cut mine up with scissors then fry them up in the skillet that never leaves the stovetop. put some liquid smoke and a little cream cheese, maybe add some rotel and jalapenos..........uuuuummmmm!
    oh and i have to use the raquet to kill my bees too. neighbors call the cops a lot for "little explosions" next door already.
    If you're adding all that stuff then why do you even need the grits? Sounds like your trying to cover something up...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by petroid View Post
    If you're adding all that stuff then why do you even need the grits? Sounds like your trying to cover something up...
    You know, you might have a point. You could probably add all that to a cut up cardboard box and it would be good!

This works good for me:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/electro...ter-40122.html
    but the chickens come a-runnin' when they see the tennis racket come out.
    Mine wont eat em

For dinner time fun, Try launching them with a plastic spoon. The long ones from the ice cream place work really well. Cock it back, line em up, and fling! Knocks the dog snot out of them.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Those bees are great pollinators! If you grow anything in your garden that needs pollinating by bees, you are killing off your chances of having things like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, okra, onions, celery, beets, cauliflower, cabbage, or any other garden stuff that doesn't self fertilize.. We have them here, they bore in the wood of our shed but I let them bee. Pun intended..
    That's all fine and good when they're not boring 1/2" holes through the eaves of a $200,000 log home. I'll stick to splatting them and let the non-destructive honey bees do the pollinating (the neighbor's farm has a colony of them).

Personally I was using a .22LR with "bird shot" but now I think I need to make some pasta loads for the .44mag blackhawk. We have dozens of these pests flying around in the summer and we can't spray poison around because of the honey bees.

Boolit Buddy
    Spray the poison on the wood. It won't hurt the honeybees a bit. I used an electronic racquet to thin the herd. It knocks them down, but you must stomp on them to complete the coup de grace.
    lt

Boolit Master

Rice, 3-3.5 bs and hold until they hover I had a bug shooting post a few weelkls ago it never generated this kind of response. Good fer y'all shoot them vermin

Boolit Buddy
    Just paint the wood. They don't like to chew thru paint. Save the primers for better things.

If you don't wanna paint, just spray some general purpose long lasting insecticide, like Suspend SC. You can find it on ebay.

Andy
    Check out my vendors section:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Andy-s-Slow-Rust-Blue

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

Boolit Master
    Don't you know, Andy, that the guys on this site will use any excuse they can think of to use a gun? It's what we do.

Boolit Master

I got some carpenter bees yesterday. Pinch of unique, rice cardboard wade and sealed it up with wax. Works real nice out of sbh. Used special cases. Have separated these 12,or so and keep them.separate and have been just punching out the primer and hand seating a new one on the Lee tool. Most of the shots are room distance to point blank. It is also nice in that the rice does no damage to buildings ect here around the farm. I still practice safe gun handelong and know what's in the targets fore and back ground.

I haven't yet started burning primers on them yet Andy. But I can assure you that they may need to be educated by your post so they will quit boring holes in my shops painted wood.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by gtgeorge View Post
    I haven't yet started burning primers on them yet Andy. But I can assure you that they may need to be educated by your post so they will quit boring holes in my shops painted wood.
    Is it latex or oil based paint? Just spray some insecticide. That'll teach em!
    Check out my vendors section:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Andy-s-Slow-Rust-Blue

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
    H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by andremajic View Post
    Is it latex or oil based paint? Just spray some insecticide. That'll teach em!
    I prefer to not use insectacides and as much fun it is batting them out of the air with an old broomstick, I think I will load some mini shot shells as well.