Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do cast lead boolits kill as good as jacket bullets in 30/06

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I for one hope that you two never actually get mad at each as the repeated gnawing that you two and others have done on this subject and so many others have been nothing but mind opening for me to better understand the weird, wonderful, and sometimes malevolent forces at work when the sear breaks.

The only thing that bothers me is the periodic reminder that the more you know, the more there is to learn,,,,,,,,I sure would have liked to have gotten started with this a couple three decades ago,,,,,,they thing that cheers me right back up is knowing how many are and will be learning from these discussions.

EDIT: (what a sap) :kissarse:
    Last edited by Hamish; 05-22-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I for one hope that you two never actually get mad at each as the repeated gnawing that you two and others have done on this subject and so many others have been nothing but mind opening for me to better understand the weird, wonderful, and sometimes malevolent forces at work when the sear breaks.

The only thing that bothers me is the periodic reminder that the more you know, the more there is to learn,,,,,,,,I sure would have liked to have gotten started with this a couple three decades ago,,,,,,they thing that cheers me right back up is knowing how many are and will be learning from these discussions.
    Understand Larry and .357max are not enemies. Just puts some spice here. Good, hard working guys. I see them sharing BBQ and beer together. Both a tribute to all of us.
    Personally, I will thank both and see nothing wrong with a little banter.
    Can I join in a BBQ with all of you? Why the hell do we live so far apart?

Boolit Grand Master

The only "fighting" we'd do is over the check for the BBQ beer

I look forward to a shooting session with him, badgeredd and a couple others in the future.

Larry Gibson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cattleskinner View Post
    Mike,

For some reason I pictured a scene from Escanaba In Da Moonlight with your chanting comment.
    Do not try to picture things too hard....ya just might succeed and find images far more disturbing that random thoughts by Jeff Daniels.

Banned
    Hamish

Larry and I have very similar views on cast....he just uses the wrong terminology is all. No hard feelings ever between him and I ....not from my side anyway.

Creative "banter" helps the limits of "possible" get pushed a bit.....I think that stifling good honest banter to be one of the main things wrong with this site, as long as it is a respectable banter....let it ride...... all will learn something including the banterer's. Tis one of the reasons I actually miss STARMETAL on occassion.....if nothing else he pushed people to try things they might not normally try. One will never know where the edge of the desk resides iffin they do not push the envelope occassionally....Joe was really good at that in his own special way......it is just a bit too bad that he could not always contain his excitement to match the tame standards of this board......he had alot to teach....most importantly open mindness about what may be possible with cast.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 44man View Post

Can I join in a BBQ with all of you? Why the hell do we live so far apart?
    Jim
    I do not like heat/chiggers/ and other bitey crawly things...that is why I live where I do, get too close to your zipcode and everthing has little bitey teeth, plus it gets hot...I did mention I do not like heat right?...... and you are welcome at my little ranch-ette anytime you make it this far into The Central Michi-braska Flatlands.

Awesome thread.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cattleskinner View Post
    Mike,

For some reason I pictured a scene from Escanaba In Da Moonlight with your chanting comment.
    That's funny cause I had more a vision of Ed Gein dancing under a full moon! sorry Mike couldn't resist
    Charter Member #148

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    That's funny cause I had more a vision of Ed Gein dancing under a full moon! sorry Mike couldn't resist

Not much of a "trophy" keeper myself, antlers and a few skulls, no wastebaskets made of human flesh or nothing like that. Basically if it does not have big canines or antlers I let ma nature recycle it back into something useful. Nice to know I am held in such high regard there Scooter.

Boolit Grand Master

Charter Member #148

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    Jim
    I do not like heat/chiggers/ and other bitey crawly things...that is why I live where I do, get too close to your zipcode and everthing has little bitey teeth, plus it gets hot...I did mention I do not like heat right?...... and you are welcome at my little ranch-ette anytime you make it this far into The Central Michi-braska Flatlands.
    True, the gnats have been out full force and the rotten things bite and leave big, itchy welts. We have very few skeeters but a few ticks, no chiggers.
    Been trying to teach gnats how to carry my guns down to the range! Stupid things work for the gov't though!
    Need a flame thrower to work outside.
    Ohio had skeeters but repellent worked, NOTHING keeps gnats away.
    When in the army I was at Camp Drum for a while and they gave us 6-12 repellent, black flies loved the stuff so I smeared my helmet liner with it. back at the barracks, I needed a stick to scrape the pounds off the liner. Can't buy the stuff anymore.
    I have a bunch of little bottles of 100% Deet from the Corps and it doesn't work. Daughters were Marines and got me the stuff.
    I don't like heat either, born in Ohio, give me a raging snowstorm to hunt in any day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler View Post
    Scary is Nancy P dancing naked in Kalifornication to kill brush so they have no more fires.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    The only "fighting" we'd do is over the check for the BBQ beer

I look forward to a shooting session with him, badgeredd and a couple others in the future.

Larry Gibson
    No problem Larry, I will buy or make the beer. Might even have some genuine WV Ridge Ripple for all. You can fly back home without a plane!

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't "done" Ripple in many, many years.....my head hurts just thinking about it.........

Larry Gibson

Banned

I should spray the gnats and see how drunk they get. On second thought, they would bring more friends! They would even bring the old, fat ones!

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    what I was aiming for.

Even with that hole , I would split that bad boy open stuff it with some mushroom and onion wild rice , toss in a couple of asparagus spears , bake it at about 350 for 45 mins to an hour and made one heck of a meal out of it . That's a nice looking pumper right there ..... Well nicer before the hole , but ya wouldn't be eatin' if it was still pumpin'

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomF4E View Post
    Even with that hole , I would split that bad boy open stuff it with some mushroom and onion wild rice , toss in a couple of asparagus spears , bake it at about 350 for 45 mins to an hour and made one heck of a meal out of it . That's a nice looking pumper right there ..... Well nicer before the hole , but ya wouldn't be eatin' if it was still pumpin'
    Licking pencil, flipping notepad.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Licking pencil, flipping notepad.
    Me too, sounds like good eats.
    We stray like mad but it is good, panties in a wad will always hurt. Like wearing smaller shoes so your feet don't look so big.
    ME, I want more deer heart recipes since we went there.
    I know, cast in the 06 but cast can do a lot in any gun. The wrong alloy on that heart would destroy it.