WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Do Lee six cavity handles work with...

Boolit Buddy

Do Lee six cavity handles work with...

RCBS 2 cavity moulds? Specifically the 45-201-SWC mould.

Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    I have a couple RCBS 2 cavity and never had to make any modifications with the lee 6 cavity handles.

Boolit Mold
    Yes it will work

Some RCBS molds are tighter than others. I have a couple that wouldn't fit on Lee handles, and others that will. Five minutes with a file smoothing the Lee handles makes all of them work.

Why not just buy RCBS handle's?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    Why not just buy RCBS handle's?
    Because RCBS handles command twice (or more) the price and price is important to a lot of casters...
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy

Thanks imashooter2! Yes $12.00 vs $38.99 (Midway). Not too hard to figure out why I might want to go with the Lee.

Boolit Buddy
    I happen to know where two brand new sets of handles are that can be had for free!!

Just got two pair (NIB) confiscated at LAX within the last 24 hours!!.
    Apparently regulations state anything longer than 7" can't be carried on board as hand luggage. Silly mistake on my part, meant to put them in the booked on suitcase but packed in a hurry and didn't have time to go back through the queues to fix the problem. had to kiss them goodbye. Buggar.
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkhuntclub View Post
    Thanks imashooter2! Yes $12.00 vs $38.99 (Midway). Not too hard to figure out why I might want to go with the Lee.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ihmsakiwi View Post
    I happen to know where two brand new sets of handles are that can be had for free!!

Just got two pair (NIB) confiscated at LAX within the last 24 hours!!.
    Apparently regulations state anything longer than 7" can't be carried on board as hand luggage. Silly mistake on my part, meant to put them in the booked on suitcase but packed in a hurry and didn't have time to go back through the queues to fix the problem. had to kiss them goodbye. Buggar.
    Peter
    Peter, I wonder what they think you were going to do with those dangerous items?!

In the early 90's I did a multi-country world tour by air and being on a tight budget bought local foods and made many a sandwich using an Opinel No.12 knife. This knife was carried on in my belly bag on board and security never bothered me about it. Times have sure changed - for the worse.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

But if it's RCBS and twice the price it must be like a million time's better then that LEE c@#p!. Right?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    But if it's RCBS and twice the price it must be like a million time's better then that LEE c@#p!. Right?
    Without doubt, the RCBS handles are of considerably higher quality. I'm just not willing to pay the price they want for that quality when the lesser quality Lee handles do yeoman service.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Some folks badmouth Lee products but we owe them a lot. The name brand co's would go hog wild with prices if it wasen't for Lee, they hold the line. I honestly like Lee dies and would order them if the same price. Frank C.

I prefer Lee handles over RCBS. They work better. Something about the geometry, but I can't pin it down.

And yes, I own Lee, RCBS, and Lyman handles. Lyman are the worst!

Handles will slip off both the Lee and RCBS versions. I epoxied my wood handles in place...maybe this will hold without putting a pin in.

My Lee handles will not fit my RCBS moulds, but will fit most other mould brands. Lee handles are a great bargin.

My RCBS molds will not fit Lee handles so I have both brands of handles. I use RCBS handles for RCBS molds. I use Lee handles for all other molds.