Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anyone dislike loading 9mm?

Boolit Bub
    I don't mind reloading the cartridge. Finding the cases after firing them is a bit of a challenge.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I don't mind it but long skinny fingers makes it easy, even gas checks on cast for my 223 isn't to bad... but I used to work with electronic components that were 2mm long and 1mm wide...
    Mary, i wear an XL glove which occasionally are too tight and used to deal a lot with #2 machine screws. You can do many things with determination but it is easier for me if it is bigger.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by plmitch View Post
    As long as I can get a box for $20.00 at the LGS its not going to kill me to buy a dozen of so each month. Can't see that busting anyones budget. So not worth my time to cast for or reload for.
    Well, at $240/month or $2880/yr, I'd rather spend it on something other than store bought 9mm.

I do not mind loading 9 just like i do not mind lading 32 S&W and 32ACP or put GC on 22cal for my 22-250.It is part of reloading and for what the price of ammo is out there and how they shoot in my gun I stick with my reloads as much as possible to know I can shoot better then store ammo.It show more in my 32ACP when I shot factory ammo and then my reloads.I also cast for every thing I shoot but 22lr..I am in this for more then one thing.the top is the ammo I can get when I want and have the ammo fit my guns and save of funds for something else. Like powder and primers and what ever other supplies I want.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master

OP here, I definitely wasnt expecting this thread to take off like this (I'm typically a thread killer).

Perhaps dislike was too strong a word as it is still better than lots of other mundane activities that need to be done to keep up the household.

Perhaps I should have titled it "Who prefers to load larger pistol calibers" or something of the sort.

Boolit Master
    Heck, 9's don't bother me at all. my g-19 eats any load i feed it and keeps on churning out brass. i must say though that 45's are easier to handle.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by plmitch View Post
    As long as I can get a box for $20.00 at the LGS its not going to kill me to buy a dozen of so each month. Can't see that busting anyones budget. So not worth my time to cast for or reload for.
    I could buy them for less than $ 15.00 a box... And that would bust my budget so my choice is to reload.

Boolit Master

I've been trying to work up some enthusiasm for buying a mold and start loading cast for the nines. Can't seem to manage it. Got lots of .45ACP brass, scrounge lots of free berm lead, enjoy shooting 1911's and DA wheelies more than any of the 9mm options at hand, the favorite nine is a poly-bored Glock, only have a limited amount of time to split between handguns and rifles. . .you get the picture.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Moderator Emeritus

Try working with modern electronics, this amplifier IC is large by today's standards. In front of a 90 grain 380acp...