WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: What's missing from my Star Progressive?

What's missing from my Star Progressive?

Can yall help me out and let me know what's missing from this press? I have a bucket of parts and I'm not sure what goes with what. Thanks! !

Don't know why the pics are rotated the wrong way. Anybody know how to fix that?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399989342044.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	104763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399989353913.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	104764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399989369310.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	104765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1399989386161.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	104766
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1399989265585.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Well..You have a case feeder and you are missing the feed tube. I set my feeder up with a "freeloader" you can make them yourself from a tube, funnel, and a bowl! I have no pics of my 3 stars I had as it was years ago and I had them tricked out with feeders and auto advance setups. You can get pretty automated with these presses as they are made to commercial standards! Look into MA Systems they carry a few things but pricey!

In my mind they are the best progressives made period! Remember Mike Dillon started his biz making a converter for the Star so you could load 223 ammo on it! I would take off the case feeder and just learn how to use the machine manually first. They are a lot of fun although need to be tweaked at set up but once dialed in,throw out the ammo!!!
    Last edited by seagiant; 05-13-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master

Check your PM. Your machine has an aftermarket case feeder which is good. It uses plastic tubes that are pre-loaded with cases or a "bowl" that aligns the cases and and supplies them to a short plastic tube. The case feeder has a "clip" that holds the top part of the tube or bowl. I don't see that. There is a primer follower rod that fits in the primer tube that holds weight on the primers to insure they are gravity fed to the primer mechanism. The primer rod also blocks the shell plate from rotating when you run out of primers.(no. 35). Also there is a safety cam stop pin.(No. 43) This fits in the press base. It insures that the press handle is no operated twice resulting in a double cjarge

Boolit Master

Also the threaded hole past the seating die can hold a taper crimping die. It is almost a necessity if loading .45 ACP. I can't tell which caliper your machine is set up for.

Boolit Master

Check out starreloaders forum. Lots of information there. FYI...By the looks of it (and from what I understand), your machine was made after 1968.
    Jon