WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is wealth? What makes you rich?

Moderator Emeritus

For most of the worlds population, if you have more than one change of clothes, one pair of shoes, know that you will eat tomorrow, an income over $1500 US annually you are rich.
    For me it is health, shelter, family, food and friends.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    My wealth is my health!

Boolit Master

Family and relatively good health.

There is NO GREATER WEALTH.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Moderator Emeritus

Money is neither wealth nor rich. Money makes you miserable so I long ago quit worrying about it. Always seems the time I need a little more I get a little more work to do for a customer. Wealth is having lived life to its fullest while still giving what you could to others. Rich is the passing on to my nieces and nephews the joys of hunting and fishing.

And they all know the real fight now is for freedom. 5 are in the military right now out of the 13 and they tell me what they see happening in our country makes them angry. I talk to them and tell them we don't need anger, we need to fight but do it wisely, we can still make changes with the vote, with recall elections, by using alternative media more wisely to get the word out. That is passing on the riches and wisdom to the next generation. They all are wealthy the same way I was, enjoy what god gives us, give back as much as you can and pass it on to the next generation. I have 2 grand nephews already who got hunting camo blankets for their 1 year birthday! Have to train them young! My nephews had them with for the family deer hunt last fall. I went to the cabin for 2 days but hunting was out, neck injury and concussion said no shooting. But I got to enjoy family for a couple days, cooked up back straps and morels I brought with the night I left for home. THAT is wealth!

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I know very wealthy people how are very happy.

But while they are very very wealthy they also know the secret of loving their family & friends, and sharing their wealth with others.

Being extremely wealthy is not the secret of success and happiness, neither is the lack of wealth the secret of success & happiness.

Wealth & money is not the deciding factor.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

I am a wealthy as a figure I will ever be. House paid off next year, married to my high school sweet heart, oldest leaves for Navy basic training soon. My next is graduating high school tomorrow, next one will graduate next year and the baby 4 years later. I still drive the same truck I did in high school and the wife's car has 200+ thousand miles but with 3 teenagers cars to keep up I will just have to wait for a while.
    We have lots of fun together camping and canoeing, have a great extended family and great church. I don't think if I had a few million in the bank I would be any happier.

Moderator Emeritus

My faith in God, my wife of over 37 years, friends, Cast Boolits, and our ranch.........thanks for the posting this question.....money is necessary but for us life is good and simple and rewarding......

Boolit Master
    There are some really smart folks here at CB. Sometime I am amazed at the depth of knowledge and understanding of a diversity of subjects that come up.
    There was once a man that was more wise than any other man that has ever been. His name was Solomon and he became the third king of Israel. He asked for and received wisdom from God of a level that no other normal man has possessed.
    Solomon may also have been the wealthiest ever or at least at the top. Solomon went about seeking fulfillment and pleasure of life through every means that wealth could possibly provide and finally came to the conclusion that all of it is vanity and vexation of spirit and at best brought only temporary pleasure.
    He concluded his long term quest for contentment with the realization that to eat and drink and enjoy the work of your hands is the ground zero for human contentment.
    Many people are of the belief that true gain in life is represented by a long list of digits on a bank account. In Gods word from the Holy Scriptures he tells us that "" true gain is contentment with food and raiment "". If we can be content with the bare necessities of life food, water, shelter, and clothing we have avoided all the distractions of the world that Jesus warned about in the parable he gave about the sower of seeds. If we cant be content with those basic things maybe we need to ask just how important all the other STUFF is to us. When our possessions become more important to us than our God we need to step back and re-consider. Remember the first commandment to love the Lord your God with all your heart, strength, soul, and mind. A friend once said to me, "" show me where you spend most of your free time and I will show you your first love "" I often go back to his words and have to ask myself am I giving God more of my time or even equal to other things I love or maybe less time? As I proceed on my walk at times I have to make adjustments to things when they get out of balance. Its real easy to get distracted by the cares of the world (seeds among the thorns). The more wealth one has the greater those distractions are and God in his word to us warns repeatedly of the danger.
    So if we can just learn to be content with the basic things God promises to us if we first seek his kingdom and his righteousness just like Solomon figured out those basic things and to see the work of our hands are more meaningful than all that wealth can provide. Put things in the right order and peace, joy, and contentment will be the fruitful results.

In Remembrance
    What is wealth? What makes you rich?

Being happy with what I have...And not being unhappy with what I don't have.
    Click to see what I'm doing and have available, this takes you to the VS (Vendor Sponsor) section of the site. Currently..25Rem,30Rem, 32Rem, 35Rem, 257Roberts, 358Win, 338Fed, 357 Herrett, 30 Herrett, 401 Winchester, 300Sav, 221 Fireball, 260Rem, 222Rem, 250 Savage, 8mm Mauser (AKA 8x57), 25-20WCF

Annealing Services

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...php?117-Grumpa

Boolit Grand Master

What do I consider being rich and wealthy?

A happy healthy family with food in their bellies, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their head. Not having to worry about spending $135 for soccer camp for my daughter, watching her enjoy it and me seeing her run and play. Watching my boys growing up to be fine gentlemen. Looking over at my tired wife holding out 7 month old as she smiles and tells me she loves me. Waking up every day and being able to work. I am a very blessed man and consider myself rich and wealthy beyond words and I thank our Creator every day.

Boolit Grand Master

At 72, I have been to, and done, most things this life has to offer me. Married 50 years a great woman who gave me two children and in turn four grand children is a blessing. We all live within hand shaking distance.
    My bed is warm, and my belly don't growl from hunger, and my aches and pains are mostly from doing what I enjoy.
    At the passing of my Mother I was gifted a sum of money, I had never enjoyed before.
    The first thing I did was anonymously help a family, that I knew was struggling. Then I took my whole family to Disney.
    God has allowed me to live a fulfilling life, with very few health issues, and the patients to endure the issues we have.
    No man can show me that he is better off. Those who hoard money are always on edge, for fear of loosing it.
    If your jeans have holes in the knees, it just lets the Spring air in. "Rich folks" pressed and fitted clothes don't do that.
    I do not envy any man for something they have, because I have everything I need.

Super Moderator

My primary wealth is my family, my friends, my faith, and my health. I keep getting richer though when I catch a big fish, have a successful hunt, or the like.

A good day to me is a day where nobody is shooting at me, I'm not shooting at anyone, and none of my friends have died that day. Being rich is simply having a lot of good days with more on the horizon. Being able to live where I love living, and being able to do the things I love to do, hunt, fish, and read. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Broke,outta work ,my Dad tried to bleed out through his throat 3x this yr, my grand daughter has a learning issue,I've 2 broken trucks demanding my attn.

I spent 6 weeks w/my Dad,he's ok for now. I went hog hunting w/a life long friend on the way home from Ar. Sold a couple of cords of hard woods and a 51' Colt for a 73' Colts precussion and a 58' Remmy. I got home to a good woman that spent a whole day butchering hogs and getting them in the freezer,and when the power grinders crapped out she ground the last 10# w/a hand grinder. Those 2 little grand daughters I'm raising were never so happy to see me home and are begging to go camping. Free fishing day is just around the corner I got a bucket of junk w/gobbs of 38 wad cutters in it,which works out for NCBS.
    The sun came up , I have the parts on hand for the trucks now.
    Seems to me I'm a pretty rich guy,I have a wealth of good friends,I have a rich family life and kids that will drop everything for family . I can't say a guy gets any better off than that,I bet Donald Trump and Bill Gates can't say that.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Wealth are those things for which you would not trade money.

Boolit Master

Well I felt like I had become very wealthy indeed about 6 weeks ago when a guy gave me (as in free!) about 400# of wheel weights! About the same time Powder Valley had both AA4064 and Varget in stock at the same time and if that weren't enough I also got my order of Starline 45-90 cases I have been waiting on, yep it just gets gooder n, gooder!

Horses, saddles, guns, ammo, wool cloths, hats, boots. A place to hunt and fish. Like when I was younger.
    Girls come in there somewhere.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 05-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Mostly all of the above!

Galena Guru

Always had to werk , never been wealthy in the money sense .. We have been blessed beyond our wildest imaginations .. I have had might near everything I ever wanted at one time or another .. Our house burned to the ground May 4 2007 and we lost everything , except one set of keys to the truck .. I learned then and there that stuff is not important , stuff can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye .. What's important are friends and family , anything else is just extra dressing ..

I serve a mighty God , He will provide what I need , not what I want , tho' that isn't out of the question either ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Moderator Emeritus

Wealth is the memories of your kids laughing in their sleep. Greatest sound I ever heard. Wealth is coming home and giving/getting kisses from your wife and kids and telling them you love them everyday - even now when kids are 22 and 20 and still at home while in school and not wanting them to leave. The money part helps as long as you don't let it consume you.