MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got fed up with the Froglube pushers .

So it is like the old "Slick 50" magic miracle lube and protectant for engines?
    Ummmm sized right and lubed works 99% of the time.
    CD
    Last edited by leeggen; 04-21-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/660...ProductFinding

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/314...ProductFinding

This stuff sounds impressive. I may just put some of the liquid on my next midway order. To do it correctly I'd have to get a heat gun, but I've needed one for a while now anyway. Right now I'm using eezox, very happy with it.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Wanna know why it's so expensive?
    Ever try to get a frog to blow his nose?
    Besides, those little bitty kleenexes are gettin' hard to find.

Been using Eezox 'cause a friend gave me some for Christmas,
    works pretty good. Also use Kroil & other stuff.
    Never heard of any lube that wants to be left wet & sloppy,
    except if it's contained, like wheel grease, etc.

Boolit Buddy
    I was turned onto this stuff by a Navy EOD. Said it was designed by a retired Seal for use in salt water an the harsh environment that our guys are in today. I have used it in everything I have. Works wonders on AR bolts. The carbon just wipes off. I don't worry about rust being an issue with all my BP guns anymore either. I use a cheap hair dryer to heat up the metal an the FrogLube. If using the liquid be sure to shake it up first. I won't say that it's the best stuff out there, but then again it's the best that I have tried. Sure looks good with a Hawkeye bore scope after cleaning.
    I turn a friend who is a Fleo unto this stuff. Showed him how to use it. He puts his equipment thru hell during training. His weapons get treated much harder then I would want to do to mine. He trains in rain, snow, mud, dirt an sand. He loves the stuff an likes that he doesn't spend as much time cleaning as he once did.

Ghost101

Boolit Bub
    I used Frog Lube for a year, worked great in every way, but didn't protect from rust. I noticed rust on one of my most used handguns, thought I needed to apply every-time I used the gun, so I tried that. Still had rust, Tossed the stuff and went back to my CLP that has never let me down.

Banned

It was not designed by a Navy Seal. It was designed for lubing on a roller coaster.

How do you push a frog thru a sizer die?

I know I'm a relative "newbie" to the forum and none of you know me from Adam but I'm also a FrogLube convert. Originally used Ballistol and loved it but the smell gave me a headache. Switched to FL a few years ago and I'll say it works very close to Ballistol in the cleaning department and smells much better. I use it on my bolt guns, my AR, and all my pistols.

I don't run my guns into the ground or use them in harsh environments but they are always very easy to clean after my range visits.

I recently tried using it as a bullet mold lube. Don't have enough data on it yet as I've only done one casting session with it but so far so good.

The worst part of FrogLube is carrying concealed right after I've cleaned my EDC and having people ask me if I'm wearing icyhot or bengay or making some other remark about minty smells.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudwraith View Post
    I know I'm a relative "newbie" to the forum and none of you know me from Adam but I'm also a FrogLube convert. Originally used Ballistol and loved it but the smell gave me a headache. Switched to FL a few years ago and I'll say it works very close to Ballistol in the cleaning department and smells much better. I use it on my bolt guns, my AR, and all my pistols.

I don't run my guns into the ground or use them in harsh environments but they are always very easy to clean after my range visits.

I recently tried using it as a bullet mold lube. Don't have enough data on it yet as I've only done one casting session with it but so far so good.

The worst part of FrogLube is carrying concealed right after I've cleaned my EDC and having people ask me if I'm wearing icyhot or bengay or making some other remark about minty smells.
    At least they are not saying your Fruity
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Vendor Sponsor

There will always be naysayers, no matter how good a product is. Their tales of failure always directly contradict the vast majority of real users with direct experience in use, and usually there is only one instance where that failure occurred. So they dump the product.

These guys are very principled individuals who didn't vote for Romney because he was too liberal, and didn't vote for McCain because he wasn't Ron Paul. They were making a statement!

Here's what I say,,,
    If you don't like it, don't use it!
    If you can't understand instructions then Don't use it!
    If you did use it, but didn't follow the instructions and it didn't work,,, I really don't need to hear about it.

You will never get 100% agreement on anything. There are people who would argue that the sun isn't coming up in the east tomorrow?

I don't follow them.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Randy,

I was wondering why you posted that thread about "Awareness and Intelligence". Now I understand. LOL

Don Verna

Vendor Sponsor

Okay, so it is "Awareness and Intelligence" you want? Here's a good heads up on both..

DO NOT USE FROG LUBE IN THE STRIKER CHANNEL OR ON OR NEAR THE FIRING PIN OF AN AUTOLOADER!

THIS is what FROG LUBE will cause to happen! You must be made AWARE of this, and INTELLIGENT enough to prevent it from happening.

Frog Lube works good. It permeates, it creeps and crawls into pores in the metal, it does what they claim it will do, BUT.. DO NOT allow Frog Lube anywhere near live ammo in a magazine, cylinder, chamber, because it works SO good, it will permeate the primer, and you can see photographic proof of what it will do to that primer. This is still a LIVE ROUND which FTF because Frog Lube killed the primer.

This is my edc, a Kahr CW45 auto. I had put ONE single drop of Frog Lube in the rear of the striker channel to lube the moving parts in there. Well, it did just that. Tomorrow I will hose this upper out with brake clean and blow it dry, and the only Frog Lube that will go on this entire pistol, is one tiny drop applied to each slide rail. That's it.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Well How do those "roller coasters" like the stuff ?

Ghost101

Boolit Master

My middle son and I got some and he put it on one of his AR's, it works well on it. I used it on my compact 1911 as I carry it every day. It hasn't functioned properly since. FTF's ever since. I've replaced the magazine and spring, no difference. I need to clean it off so I can start carrying it again. The gun was flawless prior to application. I followed the directions for application to the letter, as did my son on his. Not saying it doesn't work, but that pistol certainly doesn't like it. On the up side, haven't had any corrosion issues with it since.

Boolit Master
    Moonie, on your 1911 compact what kind of ammo are you using and what kind of FTF's are you experiencing?

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post

This is my edc, a Kahr CW45 auto. I had put ONE single drop of Frog Lube in the rear of the striker channel to lube the moving parts in there. Well, it did just that. Tomorrow I will hose this upper out with brake clean and blow it dry, and the only Frog Lube that will go on this entire pistol, is one tiny drop applied to each slide rail. That's it.
    I changed my mind, it will get NO Frog Lube anywhere.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Grand Master

If anyone wants to get rid of their Frog Lube I will pay postage.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke View Post
    It's what us Frenchmen use
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by leeggen View Post
    So it is like the old "Slick 50" magic miracle lube and protectant for engines?
    Ummmm sized right and lubed works 99% of the time.
    CD
    That Slick 50 was the devil. Had a Ford motor back then that blew 4 oil filters off at the flange on the way back from a hunting trip. We pulled the motor when we got home and found the pressure relief valve on the oil pump full of white hard goop. It's a wonder we had any bearings left. First and last experience with the slick stuff.

Vendor Sponsor

Don Verna. You can't sell anything to everyone. It is physically impossible for all of the above reasons.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com