Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charter Member Of The Nonessential and Non Disposable Society Group 7th Anniversary

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dbosman View Post
    How can one marry better?
    I still can't figure out what my wife saw in me. ... Never mind, I get it.
    A great many yrs ago I thought that about my 1st wife...absolutely stunning Italian beauty. Took me around 4 or 5 years to figure out beauty is skin deep but evil incarnate starts at the bone & runs all the way out to the shell....you just don't see it until there's a crack opened up.
    Worst @#$* thing I brought home from Bad Tolz.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    A great many yrs ago I thought that about my 1st wife...absolutely stunning Italian beauty. Took me around 4 or 5 years to figure out beauty is skin deep but evil incarnate starts at the bone & runs all the way out to the shell....you just don't see it until there's a crack opened up.
    I believe I dated here sisters.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DUKE NUKEM View Post
    The only reason I'n on a computer is we miss placed our telegraphers key and my battery jars are out of acid.
    Anyone have telegraphers please PM me as I need one for my SW radio. I'm serious....
    You may be in luck Duke! My Dad was heavily into Ham Radio and I will look through his old stuff....I know there should be some of his old keys lying around. He taught me Morse & telegraphy as I learned the alphabet as a child. If I find one or more they shall be yours.....even if you don't like them you still won't owe me anything for them. The only one you can't have hangs on my wall above the desk, it shows a distinct bullet strike, one that saved Dad's life in WWII as a communications MSgt in 3rd Army under Patton.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

You may be in luck Duke! My Dad was heavily into Ham Radio and I will look through his old stuff....I know there should be some of his old keys lying around. He taught me Morse & telegraphy as I learned the alphabet as a child. If I find one or more they shall be yours.....even if you don't like them you still won't owe me anything for them. The only one you can't have hangs on my wall above the desk, it shows a distinct bullet strike, one that saved Dad's life in WWII as a communications MSgt in 3rd Army under Patton.
    That would be great Roy. I'll get my battery jars cleaned and ready to go!
    My clicker due to OR weather, the copper wiring has turned blue green and fused itself to-gether. I suppose these can be re-wound, right?
    Last edited by Just Duke; 03-31-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Here in Libby, all our internet in and out of town is channeled through the telegraph office.

I think you need a time machine.

Wish I had one.

Sweet Dreams.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

Quote Originally Posted by bearcove View Post
    I think you need a time machine.

Wish I had one.

Sweet Dreams.
    Since I was 6 years old I need one.

Galena Guru

I've always grappled with technology , on the one hand it is nice , on the other hand , I was born 150 years too late , but alas the kidney stones I have had would have probably killed me in the early 1800's , along with a few other ailments we think nothing of today ..

And I'd have died a long time ago ..

But my dad said ( he would be 105 this year ) , he didn't see much good looking back on the "good old days" ..
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

Boolit Buddy
    The Great State,El Paso Tx. in the winter months, Michigan in the Summer Fishing for Salmon .
    I think Bad Tolz was the cleanest Kasern in Europe. At least in the mid 70's it was. Had a few drinks there, Called the Cave I think.
    I know what you mean about thoses Italian women.

Boolit Master

I doubt any of us are logging on here with 20 year old computers and cell phones . . .

But I do agree with the concept whenever possible.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Boolit Master

back!
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    I doubt any of us are logging on here with 20 year old computers and cell phones . . .

Fishman still has his single shot 20 gage H & R I bought him for duck hunting as a kid. That should qualify.

The problem with living a simple life is a little known law of thermodynamics, succinctly stated - There is more matter in the universe than it can contain. In fact more seems to appear out of nowhere spontaneously. My garage is an example. Dark Matter might be another example. I am betting there are political examples as well.

A corollary of the premise for this group is to obtain perfectly good stuff from those who do not want it anymore. Evidence that this is good is the Swappin and Sellin forum.
    "Time wounds all heels." Well, maybe not, but it helps me to think so rather than responding to bad actors.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

My desktop is 12 yrs old, just don't ask her to go on the 'net. RAM is maxed out at a blazing 512 and the "reconditioned" power supply cost about the same as a good bottle of wine. Has an awesome word processing pkg and a huge (for the era) 40 gig hard drive.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub

Do two 1953 Lyman AA turret presses, 1972 John Deere M108, some zippo lighters and some made from c-rations tins, several hundred rear old rifles and pistols, recently acquired 1938 Winny in 32ws, Gee there aint nothing new here. Looking in the shop I find dads old woodworking tools, some his dads, some purchased in the 40's. better quit here I seem to be dating myself.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by HollandNut View Post
    I've always grappled with technology , on the one hand it is nice , on the other hand , I was born 150 years too late , but alas the kidney stones I have had would have probably killed me in the early 1800's , along with a few other ailments we think nothing of today ..

And I'd have died a long time ago ..

But my dad said ( he would be 105 this year ) , he didn't see much good looking back on the "good old days" ..
    I distinctly remember the smell of an outhouse in August, not to mention the cloud of flies attracted to the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by 123.DieselBenz View Post
    I still have and wear underwear from before I was married 17 years ago!
    Have you ever changed it?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    I distinctly remember the smell of an outhouse in August, not to mention the cloud of flies attracted to the smell.
    It was poorly maintained, then. I have an outhouse. Keep lime in the pit, and the lid closed, no flies, no stink.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    The smell is still alive every summer on the construction front. Ahh the wonderful smell of the mint on a hot summer day.

So I have been thinking on this thread since I posted in it some days ago.
    Most of my hand tools, wood and mechanic, are old, like over 50 years. The newer stuff I have always tried to buy the best I can, when I need it. I don't waste my dough on things I don't need. I make my money with my hands and my mind. It has morphed over the years, but I still make money with my hands. Whether I am rebuilding machinery, repairing machines, building machinery to programming it, I have needed tools that would work all the time. It could be a good hammer to a quality spirit machine level accurate to 0.01mm over 5 meters.
    Most of my firearms are over 50, with the exception of a few. My Black hawk is one of those examples. I needed at 5 1/2" barrel, 45 colt revolver that I could throw off of a cliff and it would still work.
    My anvil was forged in England around 1880. My forge was around the turn of the century.
    New stuff can be good. So long it is quality. My last weed whacker was a piece of garbage from the get go. My new one is a husqavarna and works like a champ. Same for other things I have bought new.
    If you buy cheap, you will buy it twice.

I like this thread a lot.

Any luck on those Roy?