Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Star Reloaders Forum

Boolit Master

Star Reloaders Forum

Anyone else having problems with this? I keep getting a 404 error message page.
    Jon

Boolit Master

Would someone mind navigating the Star forum and let me know if they are getting the same 404 error page? Thanks
    Jon

Boolit Master

If you're talking about Star reloading forum it works fine for me.

Moderator Emeritus

Is this it, Jon: http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php

If so, it worked fine this morning.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the input. I think it is my FireFox web browser. I tried the forum address using Google Chrome, and it worked fine. Despite all the good stuff I can do on computers they can sometimes give me the galloping trots!
    Jon

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar
    I'm having a switch in problem browsers. My google chrome back button doesn't work and it keeps horking up so I can't sound in google chrome. On the other hand, my Firefox works with both, but is slower than the google chrome. I did use it to confirm my sound problem was google chrome. Another odd thing is that after using Firefox, the google chrome sound went back to working.

Jeesh, I hate buggy software. You'd think this far down the road, they would be able to get these browsers working right.

Boolit Mold
    Trying to get some help on a Universal press. It does not align correctly and I have to hand adjust every case to get it to deprime and size

Boolit Master
    Is your misalignment in and out or left and right? Is it at every station?

Boolit Mold
    Good question. It’s out on the right side. Goes past a little too much and won’t align squarely with the die. NOT sure about the other stations yet as I was just trying to configure one thing at a time. I am beginning to think I have the only Star in Oregon. Would help if I had hands on with someone to sit down and sort it out. Limited aid on YouTube.

Boolit Master
    If the reloader is empty, and it will operate fully all the way up and down then the alignment with the base, shellplate and toolhead is correct. The tapered bottom sheelplate dowel pin to the left of where you add an empty case assures that alignment. If that pin strikes the top of the shellplate then the shellplate is too high or the ball detent is too low around back by the seating/crimping station. You can only adjust the height of the shellplate with shellplate thrust nut. If the operating lever is down and shellplate dowel pin has aligned everything and the case won't enter the sizing die then you have the wrong shellplate. Here's a diagram:

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIR...er_partsom.pdf

Boolit Mold
    Ya know, it helps to install the shell plate right side up! Makes a wee bit o difference! Do’h! Got that part sorted anyway.....Lordy,

Boolit Master
    Now all you need is a powder drain.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jsizemore View Post
    Now all you need is a powder drain.
    +1 to that... there are several aftermarket additions that are actually helpful to using the Star, this one, along with a good case feeder are just about indispensable. You can do without them, but why would you want to?

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"