RepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: LOP Question

Boolit Master

LOP Question

I have a Savage Tactical Police in .308 it is nice, but it has a 12 in. length of pull. Did Savage make a spacer for this? The only reason I can think of for this is using the rifle with body armor.

Boolit Master

I have to correct myself. The rifle is a 110 FP and on the bolt it says "Savage Tactical". If that helps anymore.

Boolit Master
    Is the butt stock shaped so you could slide one of those slip on pads over? Brownells probably sells 5 or 6 different brands of slip ons and one leather lace up. Then you could even put a spacer of any material you wanted inside of that to increase length within reason. But I doubt that Savage made something. But you can always ask them.
    Reading can provide limited education because only shooting provides YOUR answers as you tie everything together for THAT gun. The better the gun, the less you have to know / do & the more flexibility you have to achieve success.

Smile

Maybe that's the Tactical Youth Gun.
    "A cheerful heart is good medicine."

My BIL put a Limbsaver pull-on recoil pad on his Rem870. It stretched the length of pull way too far for his short arms. (Over an inch+)
    Maybe would do the trick for you on the 110FP?
    "I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots, or only five..."

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    Maybe the original short armed owner removed all of the spacers (if indeed they came with spacers, sounds reasonable though for a weapon a law enforcement body could set up for one guy/gal and later on issue to another, with just removing/refitting stock spacers. Take the screws out if they are mega long this may be the case. A piece of rubber, fit it and then trim the excess off, keep doing it until you have the correct length of pull. Would this work, sounds ok Liek my Dad used to say, 'sounds good when you say it fast.'
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Grand Master

The Tactical is made for use with body armor, that is why most of the PD's use a colapsable stock on thier AR's. The one I had came with spacers though.