RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Swiss K31 sights

Boolit Buddy

Swiss K31 sights

I have a number of milsurp rifles that I can never adjust the iron sights low enough so I can shoot the bulls eye at 50 - 100 yards without aiming at the ground. So far I find the SKS is one of the easier ones to set up.

Does the K31 have a sight system you can get down to a 50 yard target as I was toying with getting one.

Thanks

Boolit Master

Most milsurps not made in the USA need a taller front sight to shoot point of aim as there set up for
    200 meters at there lowest setting.
    My 2 K31's have not needed taller sights when used with cast or jacketed up to 1800/2000 fps.
    Calamity Jake

NRA Life Member
    SASS 15704
    Shoot straight, keepem in the ten ring.

Boolit Buddy
    Yes- the Mojo sights have always worked for me at 50 yards with a variety of milsurp firearms: http://www.mojosights.com/sample-page/schmidt-rubins/

Boolit Buddy
    My K31 shoots POA at 100 yards no problem. Maybe I got lucky.

Boolit Grand Master

I also replaced mine with MoJo, it is peep sight of sorts that relaces the military sight. Did not do this for adjustmen but rather to try and get a better sight picture...old eyes not working with open sights any more. Plenty of adjustment for cast.

Gary

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks folks. They look like a really neat milsurp to play with. Like I need another - lol.

Mine shoots to zero at 100 yards with jacketed bullets, but I have to put it on 1100 metres at a thousand yards. I am using 155gr. smks though.

With cast the 100 M setting is good for 50M and the 200 setting for 100 yds. This is with both the Lee 150 and 200gr. bullets.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Is that with a center hold Andrew, or 6 o'clock on the bull? If 6 o'clock, what size bull? I've yet to shoot mine with the iron sights, though I have good 2000fps load.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

If I am using loads in the ~1600-1800fps range, in order to get on paper at 100yrd with a 6'clock hold on an SR1 target I need to have my rear sight set to something like 500 or 600.

Using GP-11 it shot pretty much dead nuts on with the sight ladder, but I haven't fired any jacketed rounds from my K31 in quite some time.
    Sometimes a teacher, always a student.

Wow, that'd mean waay up there for me to shoot cast at 200 and 300yds, or a shorter front blade. Thanks, gives me some idea where to start.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 11-30-2013 at 06:36 PM.
    "If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

-Thomas Jefferson

I'd encourage you to get one of these rifles. They're just amazing pieces of work. Quality is amazing and all of the 9 or so I've owned were crazy accurate.

35W
    The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.
    There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand.

NRA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Lads looks like a K31 will be coming home with me soon. Everybody who has them seems to really like them and they say they really shoot nice.

Boolit Master

The front sight on the K31 is adjustable for windage, and elevation can be dealt with replacing the front sight with taller or shorter blades. Contact Guisan on the SwissRifles website.

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    Is that with a center hold Andrew, or 6 o'clock on the bull? If 6 o'clock, what size bull? I've yet to shoot mine with the iron sights, though I have good 2000fps load.
    Six o'clock hold, as always. Target is a stadard small boreprone rifle target for the relevant range.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
    elevation can be dealt with replacing the front sight with taller or shorter blades.
    Or just making minor adjustments to your powder charge.

Resp'y,
    Bob S.
    USN Distinguished Marksman No. O-067

It's REAL ... it's wood and steel!

Boolit Mold
    I've been looking into the Mojo site, Christmas is coming up

Boolit Mold
    Ok, have the Mojo sight rear and front installed. finally was able to shoot. with the sight cranked up as high as it can i an
    m still shooting about 6" low. if i use the top of the rear sight and center the front sight I am on the money. how can I raise the back sight more

Moderator Emeritus
    File down the front sight blade and then put some bluing on it. Go slow...

with a 18 - 19 grain load of 4227 and the Lee 160 gr sks boolit I had to put the rear sight at about 400-500 meter setting to hit on at 100 yards so I don't think you will have any problems with hitting too high.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Musky - remember also the K-31 sights are graduated for meters, not yards!
    Regards
    John