WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tefgel

Boolit Grand Master
    Rubber O-rings? Hope they weren't on 22s.

Dang, I'm just a noob here. I haven't done any of this. No strong, o-rings, sawdust, dryer lint, or ear wax on my bullets. Am I missing out or just smart enough to say no to drugs?
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Boolits wrapped in string? Dang man, you had it bad!
    I was trying to seperate out the function of lube and the loob grooves wrapped with lightly loobed string was supposed to learn me alot more than it did......wrap the string the wrong direction an cool "confetti" came floating out the sky however. Even wrapped the correct way I would get weird flyers....that I did not expect....I was expecting teeny tiny 100% groups....I was wrong...very very very wrong. A typical 5 shot group would have two sets of two touching about an inch apart and a flyer that went 1-2 inches out.....still not sure what I learned other than filling loob grooves consistently with a single strand of consistent length string is a royal P.I.T.A.

Subconciously I think that what I was actually trying to do was find a super secret squirrel method that made one hole rifle groups each and everytime regardless of velocity/pressure so I could impress my friends....I failed.

Banned
    Rubber O-rings? Hope they weren't on 22s.

Dang, I'm just a noob here. I haven't done any of this. No strong, o-rings, sawdust, dryer lint, or ear wax on my bullets. Am I missing out or just smart enough to say no to drugs?

Sounds like you are not fully committed to the cause to me.

btw ...the dryer lint goes under the boolit not on them.

Banned

dryer lint with dog hair out shoots dryer lint with cat hair by a 3-1 margin too..

there are still a couple of umm "things" on my list of kinda weird to go yet.
    I look forward to the day when I can just sit at the bench shooting loads consisting of 4-10 grs of red dot at the 50 yd target using up all that lube stuff I have acquired over the years.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    Sounds like you are not fully committed to the cause to me.

btw ...the dryer lint goes under the boolit not on them.

Oh, a few of you should be committed alright.....

Run, I can't even begin to imagine what else there is to try. Matter of fact I'm not even sure I want know.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Banned
    Oh, a few of you should be committed alright.....
    Would not argue one second with that sentence.......trust me I have wondered alout what the heck was wrong with me at one of them 2am "possible/maybe aha moments" that force one out of bed to sneak out into the the shop to kook up a test batch based on a thought. Glad them days of acting on such thoughts are over......how long does it take for the thoughts to stop flowing I wonder??????

Boolit Grand Master
    They never do, or I sure hope they don't. I think that is why you make lubes, it is to calm the voices in your head. I understand, I suffer from the same thing.

Lying awake at night thinking about lube, bullets, and what to do next isn't nearly as relaxing as counting sheep. Come to think of it, I never have counted sheep. If I tried to all I would think of is lanolin......

Banned
    I never have counted sheep. If I tried to all I would think of is lanolin......

You live in Nebraska and you expect us to believe that statement...not a chance...I have heard stories about them Westerners and their sheep err umm giii iii iirrls.....not buying it for one second, not unless you were trying to figure out how to remove lanolin from denim that is.

Boolit Grand Master
    Not many sheep here, just cows. Lots and lots of cows. Now Wyoming, they have sheep.

Banned
    I could almost hear the dissapointment in that post

Boolit Grand Master
    I did hear from a Michigander that sheep aren't too baaaaaad.

Banned
    Slow cooked over low coals they taste pretty good if you get em young enough...so I guess you are correct.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    not unless you were trying to figure out how to remove lanolin from denim that is.
    If you're from Texas you know not to get lanolin on your britches in the first place: Stuff 'em in your riding boots. Duh.

Gear

Banned
    .......never argue with the voice of experience

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't hear anyone arguing with you Mike.....

In Remembrance
    Tef-Gel may feel slick, but it's not even advertised as a lubricant.
    It's purpose is to act to prevent galvanic corrosion between metal parts.

While it might substitute for anti-seize compound on the sprue plate pivot screw, it is a long way from anything that resembles bullet lube.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    Tef-Gel may feel slick, but it's not even advertised as a lubricant.
    It's purpose is to act to prevent galvanic corrosion between metal parts.

While it might substitute for anti-seize compound on the sprue plate pivot screw, it is a long way from anything that resembles bullet lube.

CM
    Not quite true. http://www.lawsonproducts.com/Lawson...icant/97673.lp

Last week as I was riding one of my old bikes the speedometer started squealing so I stopped and took the speedo cable loose. When I got home I sprayed some Tefgel up into the speedo cable fitting and put it back together. Have rode it for many miles since and works like a charm. I am not saying it is the greatest stuff on earth but I like it and use it a lot.