Snyders JerkyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: .357 Enfield

Boolit Bub

.357 Enfield

I'm disappointed in the price and selection of .357 carbines out there, and I've been kicking around the idea of an Enfield in .357 magnum. I think it would make the best candidate for an "easy build" based on the flat bolt face. I'm thinking threaded barrel blank, savage style locknut, build it to function as a single shot first, then integrate a Desert Eagle style magazine to the Enfield magwell. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone in SC got an Enfield with a ruined barrel for a donor

Regards,

Chris

I made one from an old #1 Lee Enfield. I bored the barrel out to 1/2 inch and got a piece of barrel liner from Track Of The Wolf. cut a simple chamber in the lathe and just use it single shot. works fine .

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Sounds doable - take lots of pictures and keep us posted - someone in norse country (norway, sweden, finland) had made a 44 Mag like that with built in suppressor, but he didn't document the build - Drat.

I bought a kit from SIA in Nevada to convert a Bubba #4 to 45 ACP - works well.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    The easiest way to a 357 bolt is the carcano, I think. The 357 casing fits the bolt face and extracter like a charm. I still am soaking my action in solvent and when it warms up I will take a crack at turning it into a 357 max.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    The easiest way to a 357 bolt is the carcano, I think. The 357 casing fits the bolt face and extracter like a charm. I still am soaking my action in solvent and when it warms up I will take a crack at turning it into a 357 max.
    Thanks for posting this. I've wanted to do a .357 Magnum rifle for a while. This sounds like a good idea. Now, why didn't I buy the 2 horribly bubbaed Carcanos I saw at a gunshow a few years ago.........
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

Boolit Buddy

If you can get some detailed photos/drawings of the De Lisle Carbine you will grt some great ideas as to developing your carbine. I have seen several done on various boards, mostly .45ACP and larger .44/.45 rimmed cartridges. I too have an old Carcano action in the "stuff" box. Thanks for the idea Nekshot.
    Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
    An armed society is a polite society.
    Just because they say you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you!