Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Load data for Hodgdon "Arro-Wads" Anyone?

Boolit Buddy

Load data for Hodgdon "Arro-Wads" Anyone?

I have a couple bags of Green 12 gauge Hodgdon Arro-Wads I picked up with a used MEC loader and am having a tough time finding any load data. The little info I have found via Google is they were around in the 60s-70s and they list a load in the "Load Data" website where they want you to pay to see the data, which looks like HS-7 powder anyway and that would be tough to find. Does anyone have an old Lyman shotshell reloading manual or Hodgdon or any other from the 60s-70s that lists a load with these green Hodgdon Arro-Wads?

I know this is in the Casting for Shotguns forum, but I was hoping someone would have a manual that listed a load. If I am in the wrong forum feel free to delete this or move it Mods.

Thanks.

Boolit Master

Attachment 93667
    '72 add, apparently for tapered hulls.....sometimes the old ones become brittle if exposed to uv.

The Lyman 2nd edition lists white and green Arro-Wads.Only 2 listings for the white...hs-5 and hs-7.Only one listing for the green wad using X58,a powder Ive never heard of.They look very similar to CIL wads,part# C-112.Arro-wads were made for AA hulls and similar according to the book.I might have more info in one other book that I cant find at the moment...Robin

Boolit Buddy

Wow, look at that Hodgdon primers at the bottom of that ad, pretty cool.

I was hoping to find a recipe with powder that is still available, but I guess that is probably why these wads have not been used up. Oh well, I guess if I find some old x58 powder at a yard sale I will be golden. If you do find that book Robin I would be very interested to hear if it does have any Arro-wad loads in it. Thanks!