RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share one thing you did to keep the shooting party going?

Share one thing you did to keep the shooting party going?

One time, we needed a silhouette for a moving target. There was no time to get some. I laid down on a piece of cardboard and had someone trace my outline. We cut it out and painted it black. Everyone but me, hit it while moving......
    I waited until the carrier stopped to tie his shoe.
    Last edited by WILCO; 01-05-2014 at 10:13 PM.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

When I was range office on the indoor pistol range - got tired of just bullseye shooting - started a few games of skill

Mano-el-Mano Balloon shoots - nickel a try winner got 3/4 club got 1/4 of the pot
    (course that's when 50 38 reloads cost ya $1.50)

Poker nights were also big - 52 card faces to the wall - you get to shoot 5 times and collect your cards to pay your hand.
    Got smarter later and had legal paper printed with deck of cards then you would put them face to the wall and change
    orientation so you couldn't memorize where to try and shoot.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy

Eggs,,,,, Took 3 dozen eggs and hard boiled half of them. Dollar to shoot, if you miss you either pay another dollar or ya eat your egg. Only problem here is the shooters dont know which eggs are cooked, and which are raw...........
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin

Boolit Grand Master

Ran out of targets and my buddy kept bragging how he could outshoot me with pistols so i took a quarter out if my pocket, jammed it in a pine tree, paced off 75ft or so and said lets have at it. I still carry one of the 3 i hit in my pocket. He didnt hit one and i never let him forget it
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    my grandkids and I give ritz crackers and those multi colored candy wafers a fit at 20-35 yards . when we are done walk away no cleanup the local birds chip monks squirrels clean everything up. Oyster shells are great and make great breakable targets. Again when done walk away lots of fun with AR15, in 300 blackout , handguns and 30-06 rifles all shooting low vel. cast bullet loads tks KEN

Boolit Master

I have giving my ammo away to a dad and his son when I over heard them say
    they were out and could not find anymore 22.(it really bothers me to hear this knowing what scalpers are doing)
    Clays for a family that forgot targets, dug the trash for targets for me when I forgot targets.
    That started a trend.
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by 27judge View Post
    my grandkids and I give ritz crackers and those multi colored candy wafers a fit at 20-35 yards .
    Oh, how many of those Necco Wafer's I ruined.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't forget "sweet tarts" too. Use to shoot those with my pellet gun, in the hay barn

Boolit Grand Master

Buddy used to get bored and shoot my bobber when he got tired of fishing. Started sneaking bobbers out of his tacklebox, couldn't have him running out of targets, could we?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Empty 22 cases. never seemed to run out of targets, nowadays would be a problem.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

All great replies! Thanks Gentlemen.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

i like to use animal crackers , mini silhouttes.

Boolit Master

We set up bowling pins at various ranges. Got tired of resetting them so I made a few into swingers. I used a set of steel pants hangers and bent them around the neck of the pin and then heavy chain attachment. They are awesome and last a long time.

Easy/simple swinger target frame. piece of pipe with holes drilled for eyehooks, 4 2x4's (I cut 2 of them in half) with a hole slightly larger than the pipe at one end(hole saw). 2 2x4's per side with the pipe threaded into the holes. Make it look like a saw horse and then shift the feet away from the target area making the bottom of an A-frame. /\ /\ Surprisingly sturdy. This also comes in handy if your buddy thinks he can shoot the swinger but shoots the leg out instead.
    Every shot you get in life counts

Boolit Grand Master

Well, let's see. It is routine for me to get a novice shooter shooting something he/she never thought they would. This last time it was a young couple with their first guns, 9mm autos. She ended up shooting my 45 S&W and he ended up shooting both my target reloads (44 Special level) and full bore hunting reloads in my pastor's SBH. Yeah, I was shooting with my pastor.

Whenever I shoot the 44-40 in BP I get a crowd and many end up shooting their first BP.

Our range shooting positions are covered. I have introduced several people to shooting in the rain with paper plates with a target dot. Paper plates shed the water.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

I used to live in Oregon - for your Target Cardboard protectors - visit the neighborhood dry cleaners - the thin plastic bags they use fit over IPSC tombstone and most standard target frames and are inexpensive to boot and you can see the target pretty well.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master
    Grasshoppers are a bonus target for us during the summer and fall. A few always seem to jump on the targets, and you get bonus points for hitting one. Tough because you never know when one will show or which target.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on the Hoppers

for plinking by a creek it's always fun to have moving/floating targets - use dried broken branch's or in the fall floating leaves.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Master

I once bought a big bag of golf balls in a junk store. Toss a handful of them out into the yard, shoot at them and they'll move around a bit if you hit anywhere close; hit them just right and they'll fly out of sight.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Oh, how many of those Necco Wafer's I ruined.
    You should be strung up for that!
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum