RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper Than Dirt Gouging!

Boolit Master

Capitalism, that's the way we operate in this country and it's a good thing. Anyone complaining about CTD's prices needs to keep one thing in mind --- if those prices stay high, and they have come back down a BIT, that means only one thing. Someone, somewhere, is paying those prices happily and as long as people pay those prices they will_not come back down.

Personally, I haven't bought anything from CTD since they started this but everyone else was on that bandwagon for a bit.

Vote with your WALLET. If the prices are too high, simply don't buy from them.................

Art
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Boolit Bub
    I've been buying the hell outta their boolit molds, cheaper prices that a lot of others. I bought a Lee 6 cav mold and the description said handles included for $36.00. When I got the package, no handles. I called them and had them read the description, they said it was a misprint but they sent me the handles free of charge. Yes I'll keep buying from them.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! "Multiple warehouse shipping racket". Hmm. Suppose you have 5500 suppliers. Suppose you can link to many of the
    suppliers and have them ship directly to the customer, instead of shipping to you and then you ship to the customer (two
    shipping charges, two shipping delays) - boy that is a really cool way to . . . . . . . . speed up customer getting his item
    at a lower overall cost. . . ?? Pretty nasty folks there trying to foist that off on you - but you CAUGHT THEM!

Ever buy anything on Amazon? Entertaining group. LOL!

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Allright, allright!! Merry Christmas, everyone, I hope the season is treating you well.
    Last edited by Boolseye; 12-25-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Guy La Pourque
    The lesson here boys is obvious. When times are good - stock up for all you're worth! Buy until it hurts. Up here in Canada we had an ammo drought back when Bill Clinton was running amok in the White House. We couldn't get ammo unless we took out small mortgages. When things settled down I bought a reloader and stocked up on primers and powder. When hi-cap mags became illegal up here in Canada I stashed a few for my own personal use - just in case.

People laugh at me because I do the same thing with food and supplies. Friends that live in Calgary stopped laughing during the floods - and bottled water was going for $50.00 a flat!

The market is NOT your friend in tough times, fellas. Take pains now so that you are not at its mercy later.

Lee 6 cav's at FS Reloading is only 32.97 and their shipping is cheaper too.
    Charlie

"The fool has said in his heart, There is no God" Psalm 53:1

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman1602 View Post
    Capitalism, that's the way we operate in this country and it's a good thing. Anyone complaining about CTD's prices needs to keep one thing in mind --- if those prices stay high, and they have come back down a BIT, that means only one thing. Someone, somewhere, is paying those prices happily and as long as people pay those prices they will_not come back down.

Personally, I haven't bought anything from CTD since they started this but everyone else was on that bandwagon for a bit.

Vote with your WALLET. If the prices are too high, simply don't buy from them.................

Art
    This is correct. I'd just like to add that the profit and loss system is how we distribute scarce resorces with alternative uses.

Where there is high profit, like with the reloading supplies, that's a market signal for others to get into the market. For new companies and suppliers to get in the game. For existing manufacturers to ramp up and invest in more capital equipment.

The higher prices also create an incentive for people not to buy more than they need. When government forces prices down then a few people can afford to hoard everything for themselves.

My hope is that in a few years the hoarders will start to sell off their stock and we'll get some good deals.

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy La Pourque View Post
    The lesson here boys is obvious. When times are good - stock up for all you're worth! Buy until it hurts. Up here in Canada we had an ammo drought back when Bill Clinton was running amok in the White House. We couldn't get ammo unless we took out small mortgages. When things settled down I bought a reloader and stocked up on primers and powder. When hi-cap mags became illegal up here in Canada I stashed a few for my own personal use - just in case.

People laugh at me because I do the same thing with food and supplies. Friends that live in Calgary stopped laughing during the floods - and bottled water was going for $50.00 a flat!

The market is NOT your friend in tough times, fellas. Take pains now so that you are not at its mercy later.
    The gospel.

Boolit Master

Let capitalism work. It works in two directions. When the seller's price exceeds what the market will pay one of two things happens. Eother the price will get in line with what the consumer will pay or the seller will sit on the overpriced item. If enough overpriced items sit long enough the doors close.

David
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I quit buying from cheaper than dirt when they wouldn't ship 22 cal.pellets to me in calif. now in Nevada I dislike the practices they have had and as stated some gouging , but I blame the people stupid enough to pay the ridiculous prices I bypass hi priced and search for the best buy , inc. shipping , midway has been quite fair as I have seen so midway usa is my first choice
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

The problem with 22 rimfire is that demand has increased at all price levels (what's known in economics as a demand curve shift)
    That changes the equilibrium (market) price much higher. Retailers can either sell at the new equilibrium price and maintain stock or sell at the old price and be backordered for four years.
    It seems the preference here is to have it backordered.

Boolit Grand Master

"Too much demand" is absolutely accurate. I am GUESSING that this is due to people
    wanting to stock up for future shortages, but it may be so many new shooters brought in
    by CCW laws and relaxed gun control after some of the recent Supreme Court rulings.

Interesting to watch it sort out.

Buy at the cheapest supplier - ALWAYS.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Communists say things like that too. The truth is basic capitalism. Vote with your wallet or wait for the government to even the score for you. You'll soon get a taste of how the greedy health insurance companies were fixed......................................
    Fail, on your part.

You assume I want somebody to put the in line. I don't.

Captialism is truly a two edged sword.

Now, they have their right to set their prices just as high as they want.

I do know they've done some bait and switch during the sales process, advertised at a low price, jacked it WAY up in the check out. Probably not even legal, but I really don't care.

Now, as I said, their right to high prices.

My right to chose to not buy from them.

THAT is capitalism at work.

And, by the way, get off your "high horse". You don't know me, nor where I've been in life, not even who I've met. And, yes, I've met some real Communists before. Fairly safe assumption they were, seeing they were Soviet officers, in uniform, in West Germany (SMLM). They usually don't let the dissidents and deserters do that job. They do check out who they send.

I'm not offended, but, you sir, were offensive.

As was said, dumb subject. Most folks whine because they got the shaft when they bought from greedy people. My thoughts are, if you're dumb enough to pay their prices, you deserve to pay them. I don't and I won't support them. Demanding I do is definitely NOT capitalism.

Boolit Man
    Gander mountain was doing the same thing. Charging inflated prices for all of their ammo, reloading supplies, and guns. They still are charging inflated prices for ammo. They will fill the shelves with limited stock yet somehow the stock always seems to refill when its bought out.

cheaper than dirt; problem is the dirt they are talking about is gold dust dirt. as others have stated: never done business with them, probably never will.

CTD's just up the road from me, and it is frustrating to see them essentially try to take SEVERE advantage of the situation... they're not improving profits, they drive customers away permanently. Than being said, Americans have short memories when confronted with new advertising at better prices.
    The country would be better off if every one followed Larry Potterfield's axample with MIDWAY...
    Quality people, quality products, good service, and always treating custors fairly...
    The Ultimate good example is Mike Dillon and his published "Customer's Bill Of Rights".
    Can't applaud these two gents enough.
    Salvaging old Marlins is not a pasttime...it's a passion

I went to that site a couple of years ago ant was looking to make a purchase, but when I arrived at shipping & handling, I was shocked and ran as fast as I could to a different supplier. Never bought anything from ctd, most likely will not either.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I purchase most of my reloading and casting stuff online. I shop around for the best prices with combined shipping for the items I'm looking for. Who has the best combined price is who I order from.
    I can't remember the last time CTD has won thus; I haven't ordered anything from them.
    I vote with my wallet. If CTD wants any of my hard earned money, they will have to drop their prices equal to or below their competitor's prices.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    If one of you that think CTD is selling their wares at too high of a price had knowledge that was very unusual and few had it, would you work for a very cheap price because you wouldn't want to gouge anyone.

Boolit Grand Master

Only each individual can make that decision. Because each person has a different definition of gouging. For most here it seems that if you charge $5 more than they think it should cost it's gouging. This isn't a natural disaster situation where people are charging $50 for a case of water. Gouging comes into the conversation when it's a needed item to survive. What's currently happening is inconvenience on a massive scale.