Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think this is worth?

That price seems a couple of hundred high.

Boolit Buddy
    I've seen a couple at gun shows over the last few years. $900 is the top end of what I've seen. Cheapest was for $750 but it was definitely not new and unfired.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stocker1042 View Post
    Thanks for the info. He emailed me back..it is a consignment, so he can't move on the price. I gotta think about this for a while.
    If he really wanted his commission, he'd get the guy on the phone and ask him if he'd come off that $900.00.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

Boolit Master

I think he is bit high on starting price, but for comparison here is a rare convertible:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=379602217

Of course 38-40 and 10mm are far more useful than 32 H&R . . . .

If you really want a .32-20 Blackhawk, that's about it other than a custom. If you're just looking for the performance, there's about two hoots in a rain barrel of difference between that and one chambered in .30Carbine.

I had one when they were produced and a buddy had a .30Carbine at the same time. Easy to shoot but both louder than THUNDER with full powered loads (110-120grainers at 1500fps). Both were easy to tone down for small game but seemed kinda large for that purpose.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seaboltm View Post
    Of course 38-40 and 10mm are far more useful than 32 H&R . . . .
    Pay no mind to HERESIES of this sort.....

PWS made my point better than I did, that the 30 Carbine and 32-20 are quite comparable. Even the 32-20 at conventional revolver pressures/velocities is something of an eardrum drill.

I am a strong mid-caliber handgun enthusiast, and when these variants were current years ago I wanted very much to snag one. Over time I have scratched those itches in some depth, so the "need quotient" has been tamed. I know for a fact, though, that you WILL NOT be able to get decent examples of one each 32-20 and 32 Magnum revolvers for $450 each, excepting possibly 2 Uberti Cattlemans--and those aren't Rugers in terms of strength, not by a long shot.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Well...how about these apples. I went to visit my Dad in Florida this weekend. He wanted a smaller revolver for himself, so we went shopping at the local shops. Walked into the FIRST ONE..and amazingly, a very cool old 32-20 Smith is sitting in the case. FOR $275! I could not believe it. I checked it all out, tight, good rifling, nice finish, nice grips and exactly what I was looking for. He bought it and it will be sent up to my FFL in a few weeks.

I almost fell off my feet. Exactly what I was looking for!

Boolit Grand Master
    Awright, then! I guess this means your still have $625 on hand for a nice 32 Magnum......
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

The collectors value one, with the box and paperwork, and unfired, at $685, so I'd say $900 is somewhat overpriced. Watch for one over on Rugerforum.com and you'll probably find one a little cheaper.
    McLintock

The collectors value one, with the box and paperwork, and unfired, at $685, so I'd say $900 is somewhat overpriced. Watch for one over on Rugerforum.com and you'll probably find one a little cheaper.
    McLintock