MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think this is worth?

What do you think this is worth?

I think he's high at $900, but looking for opinions.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=380247071

Boolit Buddy
    Without looking at the barrel (rifling) I'd say it be worth buying on the high end at 600. I give it that with the extra cylinder. I've seen Blackhawks sell as low as 400 bucks. That just my .02

I might go to $550.00 but I,m A cheap *** .

Exactly what I was thinking...$500-$600 tops. Way outta line at $900.

Since that was a limited run for buckeye sports,less than 5000 made,it does bring more money than a normal Blackhawk.I have never seen one for 500 around here and if I did I would buy it.Normally I have seen them sell in the 600 to 750 range.I have one myself and it is a very fun gun to shoot.

Boolit Grand Master

Depends on how bad you need that exact combo of cartridges. Personally, I wouldn't pay
    it for that one, but I have spent a lot more for a different revolver with dual cylinders - -
    just because I wanted it.

You and your accountant will need to have a heart-to-wallet discussion and see what is
    reasonable. It is not a bargain, but I suspect that this combo doesn't come up too often,
    so if you just have to have it. . . . . . well.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Well..I do want it. What I really want is an old school Smith 32-20...but it seems quite hard to find one in decent shape for $500 or so. If it was at $750ish...I'd prob bite. $900 is just a tick too rich for my blood for this piece.

Boolit Master
    500-600, without see it. With out the extra cylinder 400-500

I am going against the majority. It's a neat combo and if you want it, buy it.

It's not like you're looking at a house worth $750,000 and the guy wants $900k. It's a pistol. So you get what you want, and pay a $150 premium. So what? If you like the thing and keep it for 20 years, the money is nothing.

I bought a new Series 70 Gold Cup in 1981. I have *no idea* how much I paid for it. Maybe it was $350 and I only wanted to pay $300. Maybe the other $50 would have been price gouging but I bought it anyway.

If I still had the Gold Cup now (long gone) the $50 would be irrelevant.

If you are buy and sell to ratchet up your money, the price matters. But if you just want it and have the money, then enjoy. I don't drive around town shopping hamburgers, this one weighs 3oz less but costs a buck more, this one has better-quality tomatoes but fewer fries with it. Bah. Buy the dang burger and move on . . .

Boolit Master
    I'm not a collector so have no idea how much a paticular limited run item will cost. But, there were only so many made and it's NIB. Your only other option is buying a new blackhawk in another caliber and having it rebarreld and two custom cylinders fit to it. I gurantee that will cost way more than $900.

If it was a gun I really wanted and I knew I might not have another crack at one I'd likely just hit buy it now and be done with it.

Boolit Buddy
    after re-reading the ad (able to use my computer now) Do you have a potential gun that you don't use or want that you could trade (or sell to someone else) to differ the cost?

Boolit Master
    Full retail is $679 + taxes and transfer ~ $725 to $750 for any new current Blackhawk convertible. That's not including the fact you don't see these and they aren't made anymore. He's not that far off.
    In all, the .41 Magnum would be one of my top choices for an all-around handgun if I were allowed to have only one. - Bart Skelton

Most of "those" are going for closer to 1200, so 900 ain't bad. It is a special run for Buckeye and I believe there were a total of 6500. We have 2 of them in our household, they are fun guns, and good guns. JW

Boolit Master

Just looked on gunsamerica and they had one for $1199. Seems nuts, but with guns you can never tell what's going to be hot and what is over the top...Still don't understand the whole Colt 1911 for 1k thing...

Boolit Master

Would like to have one...as a 32-20 'shooter'...but I'm not a Ruger collector and wouldn't go over $750 OTD for any Blackhawk.
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

I still have 2 of The Buckeye Specail run Blackhawlk pistols
    A 44 Mag /44-40 and a 38/40 / 10MM
    I had a 32H&R / 32-20 but a fellow shooter wanted way more than I did

Wish I could find another 38-40 / 10 MM
    As I would like to remove 1" or so of the barrel
    Then IMO it would be a great trail/ hunting pistol

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Grand Master
    When you have a seller amplifying the strapped hammer and unturned cylinder aspects of a NIB gun, don't hold your breath waiting on a discount price. Those sorts of embellishments generally bore me, as do their proponents. The gun's true worth is what it is worth to you. FWIW, I just paid $700 a few months back for a Colt Army Special in 32-20 WCF, like-new shape. I have three revolvers in 32-20 WCF, and another in 32 Magnum--so I don't have to pay $900 to have a revolver in both calibers. The Blackhawks in 30 Carbine run about $550 NIB. Those swap-cylinder Buckeye Specials don't grow on trees, but I usually see several 32-20 revolvers (S&W and Colt) at most gun shows I attend, priced from $500-$600. The Blackhawk is probably the strongest 32-20 revolver ever cobbled up, and certainly the strongest 32 Magnum ever sold. There are a number of angles to examine this prospective purchase from.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The limited run Buckeye Specials were special orders assembled for a specific distributor and are non-catalogue items. They are turned out with a bit more care than regukar production and have collector value. The asking price is fair. If you like the gun, you should buy it. There probably won't be any more.

Thanks for the info. He emailed me back..it is a consignment, so he can't move on the price. I gotta think about this for a while.

Banned

your sure not going to buy a nib one for 500 bucks. 7-900 is what its going to take. Id be confortable right in the middle at 800.