Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Zoli Zouave ..............

Boolit Buddy
    I bought mine at Frontier Gunshop in San Diego back in 1966 for $79 and still have it. Its a Zoli 'Navy Arms, Zouave. Minie balls, patched round balls, and maxis have all run through it over Dupont or whatever powder was on sale. I did add one of the 'crosshair' clamp on front sights from Dixie Arms.

EdZ KG6UTS

Boolit Master
    Hey there Buckshot, glad to see you are still ornery enough to fire up the lathe and machine proper parts for your Eye-Talian shooter.
    I have had a couple of these over the years, but am currently out. I did run across a Hy-Hunter at a pawn shop recently and was sorely tempted ... moreso after reading this thread!
    You still shooting your Pecatonica Rigby? Do you guys still do the Burrito shoot?

Boolit Mold
    Realize this is an OLD thread. But your modification is basically what I bought as the Navy Arms "Buffalo Hunter" back in 1970 in Alaska. It's a hoot to shoot! The wife even liked it. Haven't had it out of mothballs in awhile, but seeing this thread sorta gets my blood up to do some smoke polin'!

Boolit Master
    I have two non-original muskets- a Zoli Zouave and a PH P53 Enfield. While I prefer shooting the originals, over time, it does wear them. I shoot the repros mostly, as the wear and tear on them is of little consequence. The Zoli Zouaves are good basic muskets but sometimes the locks require a little tuning for best function.

Boolit Master
    I have 3 zoli rifles one a 1803 harpers ferry. a 1841 Mississippi that was relined to .54 and a 1863 Remington.

Boolit Master
    Bump for a great old thread. Rick, I simply marvel at your mastery of machining.
    I found this whilst Googling for Zoli Zouave bore dimensions. Seems one of the old Navy Arms Buffalo Hunters -- the sportered version of Zoli's Zouave -- has found its way to my house, and I was hoping for clarity on land/groove and twist dimensions.
    Bill