Snyders JerkyLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using Pay Pal gift option

Boolit Master
    um you guys are aware that paypal charges me 30.00 a month regardless if I make a sale or not

Love Life
    ^^^Why? I've had thousands of dollars come and go through Pay Pal and they have never charged me a monthly fee.

Boolit Master

What would be sweet is if the USPS made purchasing money orders available online. You buy it online, and they mail it for you directly from the post office.
    That is a great idea! Better yet, they could just deliver it to the intended recipient the next day with delivery confirmation. I would certainly pay for a service like that.

Boolit Master
    Its a business account. My point was just they get it one way or another. I dont mind either way, someone wants a gift ok, someone wants to pay the 3% ok fine, someone wants a USPS MO well ok then, I'm game. I never turn down a sale. I do not feel you are ripping off paypal not paying the 3% but I get the reasoning , I think at one time they even told me to send it as a gift because i did not have enough in the account to cover the transaction and their 3%.

Boolit Master
    What would be sweet is if the USPS made purchasing money orders available online. You buy it online, and they mail it for you directly from the post office.---I think they want you to come in an buy some stamps too!!

Love Life
    ^^Now that is a sweet idea as well!! Use the PO locator, purchase at nearest post office near seller, have it delivered!!

Boolit Buddy
    Good idea, USPS could give PayPal a run for their money.

Just remember, PayPal is not run by idiots. They have to know what is going on. They will eventually put a stop to the gift option, or start charging for it. They are owned by ebay. Ebay changed their charges based on everybody selling their item for $.01, then jacking up the shipping fees to cover the real price.

Banned

I used to only accept a USPS MO for things I sold on here. Then I just started saying cash, MO, Check. I do not have a paypal account. The old lady does. I use it to buy things all the time. I have even been payed to it also. But it is very,very rare I will get paid by it. Since I started accepting checks, my stuff sells a lot faster. Just about everyone has a checkbook!

No Paypal under any circumstances, ever, for me. Won't bore y'all with the details, but AFAIK they are a criminal enterprise, and their management is not being prosecuted only because they contribute so much to the current administration, (and key congressmen and senators).
    Cognitive Dissident

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    um you guys are aware that paypal charges me 30.00 a month regardless if I make a sale or not
    Why? I use them all the time, and I have never had a monthly charge like that, only stated transaction charges. Must be some business account you are using? I think you have to do over $5000 per month to get extra commercial charges.

I read on down, I see yours is a business account. If you are clearing the amount that it takes to incur the charges, I'd suck it up, and be happy! Many banks charge more than that for a fee.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Why? I use them all the time, and I have never had a monthly charge like that, only stated transaction charges. Must be some business account you are using? I think you have to do over $5000 per month to get extra commercial charges.

I read on down, I see yours is a business account. If you are clearing the amount that it takes to incur the charges, I'd suck it up, and be happy! Many banks charge more than that for a fee.
    oh I was not complaining I was just saying they get paid. I have done it all, set up merchant accounts from paypal to BOA to whatever you name it, in the end paypal blows but blows less hard than say Wells fargo merchant services

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    oh I was not complaining I was just saying they get paid. I have done it all, set up merchant accounts from paypal to BOA to whatever you name it, in the end paypal blows but blows less hard than say Wells fargo merchant services
    +111111
    I cancelled my merchant credit card account. Cost so much money it wasn't worth it.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    Not true. If I send money as friends n family, it doesn't cost me or the receiver a dime. PayPal just doesn't get paid. I don't steal from anyone, not even anti-gun Paypal. I refund "gifts" made to me that are not "gifts". They provide a service. If I choose to use their service, I will pay my way.
    it is true. the last 3 times i sent money to NOE I sent it as a gift. SWEDE GETS HIS FULL AMOUNT. and I pay the extra 3.3% and I can send you a copy of the transactions from paypal if you would like. Tom

Secure TransactionSend Money
    You can pay for purchases and services or send money to friends and family.

Send Money
    To (email or mobile phone)

AmountAmount $84.80
    Amount:Currency: $84.80
    What are you sending money for?
    I'm paying for goods or servicesI'm sending money to family or friends
    $0.00 USD fee if you use your PayPal balance and/or a bank account.
    3.3% Fee
    $2.76 USD fee if you pay using your credit or debit card.
    Last edited by gandydancer; 11-28-2013 at 01:29 AM.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    For those who don't want to give Paypal a bank account #. Go start a new account. Put just enough bucks in it to make it active. Use that number for online transactions. Plus, you will probably get a nifty new toaster or something for opening a new account!
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Love Life
    The purpose of this thread was not about stealing and stuff. It was about protecting your behind. If you gift somebody money, you have no recourse if they decide to hose you.

That is why I send money for purchases as paying for a service. This way, even if the seller wants to act a fool, you can initiate a refund through pay pal.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gandydancer View Post
    it is true. the last 3 times i sent money to NOE I sent it as a gift. SWEDE GETS HIS FULL AMOUNT. and I pay the extra 3% and I can send you a copy of the transactions from paypal if you would like. Tom
    I apologize. You are right at least some of the time. Since I pay with my Paypal balance, I have never been charged a fee to send a gift to my nephew, for example. I recall some small print that said I would be charged a fee to send the same gift IF I used my credit card to pay. Is that what you do?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    The purpose of this thread was not about stealing and stuff. It was about protecting your behind. If you gift somebody money, you have no recourse if they decide to hose you.

That is why I send money for purchases as paying for a service. This way, even if the seller wants to act a fool, you can initiate a refund through pay pal.
    You are correct of course. I had a guy ask me to pay him as a gift. I chose to pay the fees myself. It just didn't feel right. Sure enough, the deal went south. Paypal recovered the $450 with little hassle.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gandydancer View Post
    it is true. the last 3 times i sent money to NOE I sent it as a gift. SWEDE GETS HIS FULL AMOUNT. and I pay the extra 3.3% and I can send you a copy of the transactions from paypal if you would like. Tom

Secure TransactionSend Money
    You can pay for purchases and services or send money to friends and family.

Send Money
    To (email or mobile phone)

AmountAmount $84.80
    Amount:Currency: $84.80
    What are you sending money for?
    I'm paying for goods or servicesI'm sending money to family or friends
    $0.00 USD fee if you use your PayPal balance and/or a bank account.
    3.3% Fee
    $2.76 USD fee if you pay using your credit or debit card.
    As I expected. You are paying with a credit or debit card. Paypal is charged a fee by the bank backing your card. They are just making sure they don't go in the hole passing on your money. That seems pretty normal to me.

I'm still not sure why you feel you need to send a gift.

Kelly is right its better to add the 3.3% to the total amount to keep one self from getting a butt burn and be covered by paypal. it was never my mind set to cheat anyone. I use a C/C on paypal and always paid the fees. but it did burn my butt to pay to get my money from PP.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez Kelly View Post
    As I expected. You are paying with a credit or debit card. Paypal is charged a fee by the bank backing your card. They are just making sure they don't go in the hole passing on your money. That seems pretty normal to me.

I'm still not sure why you feel you need to send a gift.
    not sure my self? I no longer do. Tom