5 parts ground Venesion
    1 part ground bacon ....I get bulk ends & pieces for $.99 a lb

OK to finish the burger off
    When you want to cook a burger
    Coat it in potato chips

1 egg to coat the burger and a handfull of crushed chips
    Press the chips into the burger well and cook

I broil mine

I just finished making 30 lb of venesion & 6 lb of bacon into burgers pattes
    I then vacume sealed them for the freezer

Enjoy
    John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Banned

I do the same but do it in 10lb batches adding 2lbs of bacon. If you want a little more zip add 4 packs of dry onion soup mix to the 12lbs

Boolit Buddy
    Try your local butcher for pork trimmings, it's mostly fat, and no nitrates. Last time I used it in sausage, it was less than half the price of bacon ends.

Boolit Buddy
    Dam that sounds real good. Got a bunch of burger meat in the freezer I will be thawing and grinding soon. Deer season is still open and I hope to get another with the bow. Going to give it a try.

Thanks

Boolit Master
    I tried the pork addition.
    Didn't like it near as well as using beef suit (lot cheaper also). It will keep a lot longer if frozen correctly also, the pork will start gettin an off taste in the mix after a month or so!
    The beef suit added to the ground venison in correct proportions/percentages will last at least 6 months if frozen correctly and be better than pork mixture ever thought of being. With pork you're basically making some sausage that some like a lot.
    However using beef suit in your mixture can be used in sloppy joes, lasigna, etc. Just about anyplace hamburger is called for and makes the best spagetti sause one will ever eat.

Boolit Buddy
    Where do you get the suit ?

Banned

i to dont care for pork fat in burger. I grew up with my dad doing it and never liked venison burger until i made my own with beef fat. What i normaly do is buy that cheap (almost white) burger in a tube that walmart sells and mix one 3 lb tube of it with 10lbs of lean venison and it makes a good burger. Grinding and mixing pure beef fat can be a pain. Now if your pork fat is bacon thats another thing alltogether. Who doesnt like bacon with burger!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    I tried the pork addition.
    Didn't like it near as well as using beef suit (lot cheaper also). It will keep a lot longer if frozen correctly also, the pork will start gettin an off taste in the mix after a month or so!
    The beef suit added to the ground venison in correct proportions/percentages will last at least 6 months if frozen correctly and be better than pork mixture ever thought of being. With pork you're basically making some sausage that some like a lot.
    However using beef suit in your mixture can be used in sloppy joes, lasigna, etc. Just about anyplace hamburger is called for and makes the best spagetti sause one will ever eat.

I just eat my burgers 100% ground venison,,, tastes fine to me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steg View Post
    Where do you get the suit ?
    Beef suit is basically beef fat (ask your butcher). You can get it at grocerie stores that still have butchers!
    However I get mine at local well known independent butchers that own there own business. They understand what you are doing and usually are more than willing to help you.

Boolit Master
    Something I just heard today!

Grocery stores in Maryland are going to start doing away with butchers, and having all the meat brought in ready to sell in packages!!
    They want every penny one makes and are out to get it!!!

I was in a Wall Mart today shopping for food. They were selling "London Broil" for $8.00 per lb!!!!!!!!! Frederick Maryland.

I don't know how many of you know this but London Broil started out as a meaning for "Flank steak". Now it means round steak (cut thicker), thats totally it. Round steak and chuck was the cheapest cuts one could possibly get in beef 3 years ago because it was the most plentiful part of a steer.

Think about it!!!!! You can bet your backside that the cattleman aren't getting these tremendious increases in prices.

If you really stop and think, this puts rising gas prices as a joke. Try raising a family of 4 (average) with food prices doubling and more in the last couple years!!
    Get on the phone/email/snail mail and let these dam congressman know where they stand if they don't get off there *** and start controlling the situation instead of hiring there relatives to do nothing at extremely high incomes, thats the bucks you pay to support there campaign, not there children/associates and friends!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Get on the phone/email/snail mail and let these dam congressman know where they stand if they don't get off there *** and start controlling the situation instead of hiring there relatives to do nothing at extremely high incomes, thats the bucks you pay to support there campaign, not there children/associates and friends!

HI-JACK ALERT!!
    so you want more laws and bigger gvmt?

What your complianing about is capitolism, plain and simple.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington