Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 21 cast boolit

230 truncated cone works well in my old 21, gen1( 2 digit serial# with 000 in front). It has shot far more cast bullits than "j". Yes, I still have BOTH hands.

“A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It's called Prison."

--- Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Maricopa County, Arizona

Boolit Buddy
    As soon as I get the g21, the first explaining what I do is a nice slug barrel, my alloy is Lyman # 2, are already fired the bullets that recycling at the shooting range.this alloy is very hard, in my carbines, with GC I can do to run the bullets in 1900-2200 fts without problems.if needed, to make the balls a little larger (I have to see first as a fall from the new mold), I can We add a little bit of lead in the alloy, so it becomes more elastic.so maybe when they are cold, they will be a bit more generous in diameter.

Banned

Glocks are fine with lead. Some advice though. Drop a full grain from any max load. That will give a safety margin. Also glocks shoot much better with harder alloys. The rifling is shallow and softer bullets will strip through it. I like at least 16 bhn in them and harder yet is better. Also if your running loads on the higher pressure side of the charts watch your brass. With its unsupported chamber you will get bulges. Easily fixed with a push through die but i dont like my brass getting worked that much and im sure some of the glock kabooms were caused by brass that was weakened by sizing and stretching. I like to load to a low enough pressure that i dont get any bulge. Usually dropping a grain or two will do it. Stick to the above advice and your gun will eat thousands of cast loads without a bit of trouble. As to accuracy, again sticking to the above advice on alloys my glocks all shoot real well, as well as any other gun. Ive even played with wolf barrels and found the stock barrels shoot as well or better with harder alloys and have never given me any leading problems.

Boolit Buddy
    i bought an 21 sf 3 weeks ago shoots like a dream with the mp 453-200 swc an hg 68 clone before i put 1.25 loa ,i have some trouble feeding ,chrono at 900f/s with 0.34 gram of vectan A1
    size at 452 ,no leading
    very happy with the glock

Boolit Buddy
    my g21 Gen4 came into the store today, tomorrow I'm going to take it, it, mold arrives late because they sent me from midway usa.I will begin with lee 452-200 swc and imr x 700

Boolit Master

Beppe,

My "go to" cast bullet in 45 ACP is the NOE 452-230-HP (small pins) over a charge of Titegroup. I have other molds, including Lee, but I always end up coming back to the NOE mold. It casts easily, loads easily, and is more accurate than I am. One caveat, I add a plain based gas check to these before loading. They work perfectly in all the 45 ACP's I've shot them in, including 2 Glock pistols.

Just food for thought,

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Master

Just as an after thought; why not buy an aftermarket barrel for your G-21? I saw Lone Wolf "drop in" barrels for @ $135.00 American.

I have 3 Lone Wolf barrels for 3 of my Glock pistols.

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Buddy
    Hivelocity
    I'd like to have a mold for my hp g21, I have to ask how much it costs NOE make a mold for me and how much it costs to ship in Italy.
    in Italy we do not change the barrel to glock, I saw that many of you put on your barrel lone wolf glock, why?

Boolit Master
    Because a lot of people think you can't shoot cast bullets in a factory Glock barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by beppe View Post
    Hivelocity
    I'd like to have a mold for my hp g21, I have to ask how much it costs NOE make a mold for me and how much it costs to ship in Italy.
    in Italy we do not change the barrel to glock, I saw that many of you put on your barrel lone wolf glock, why?
    I suppose some folks dont bother finding things out for themselves, read it and believe it i guess. I have the lee TL452-230-2R and it shoots great in my USP45, had to experiment a bit and keep the hardness up on the bullets or it would lead some. I believe i was experiencing what Lloyd points out bout the shallow rifiling can't prove it but it works.
    ...I GOT ONE FOR YA...

Boolit Buddy
    but if you do not shoot the bullets of lead. How much do a workout with fmj, my ammunition for practice with lead bullet cost 7 euro 100 raund .
    I thought you change the barrel to a matter of precision.

Boolit Buddy
    for shooting accuracy to 25 m and + I cast my projectiles, and take them to the ground, and not pay them for idpa ipsc and I have to buy because I have not enough time to pick up the lead on the ground.for shooting accuracy to 25 m and + background I projectiles, and take them to the ground, and not pay them for idpa ipsc .there is no other way to find the alloy with antimony.

Boolit Buddy
    Here it is, taken today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	86838

Boolit Buddy

What sights do you have on that Glock 21?

I use a Lee 452-200-RF in a 6 cavity which cycles great in my 21, not sure of the OAL but I seat the boolit where the case mouth lines up with the crimp groove all over a starting load of Bullseye.

Boolit Buddy
    the sights are original and can be adjusted as in the G34, for now I loaded balls with commercial swc 452-200 grs 5.2 grs of IMR x 700.I melted a bit of SWC LEE 452-200 TL, I have the mold with two cavities, midway I must send LEE 6 cavity SWC 452-230 TL, and load IMR 700 x.when I finished the 700x use the N320.I also have the N340, but I think it is better to fast a powder for the big 45 acp.and the chronograph will tell me the truth.

Boolit Buddy
    well, today I tried my refills, I have to learn how to shoot with this gun, does not like to stand very firm!I had some problems with feeding, perhaps because it's all new ....... then after all ok .....
    the next cartridges use 5 grains of 700x instead of 5.2 .......... I have not yet tried to chronographing,but the barrel looks clean.I fired 70 rounds.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	7 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	87266Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	87267Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	87268Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	87269

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Crytes View Post
    why is hexagonal rifling bad for cast boolits. I've heard this but never a why.
    So, to answer the purpose behind your question: polygonal rifling generally needs larger boolits than standard. If you shoot boolits that are too small in ANY barrel, leading is the result. Enough leading without cleaning = bad. Make the boolit fit the barrel in all cases and you won't have a problem.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 12DMAX View Post
    I suppose some folks dont bother finding things out for themselves, read it and believe it i guess. I have the lee TL452-230-2R and it shoots great in my USP45, had to experiment a bit and keep the hardness up on the bullets or it would lead some. I believe i was experiencing what Lloyd points out bout the shallow rifiling can't prove it but it works.
    This is most likely due to poor boolit fit or lube failure, but most likely poor fit (too small.) 45 ACPs operate at such low pressure, dead soft lead is all that's needed. A few chambers won't allow boolits big enough to fit the barrel and need to be reamed slightly.