Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grown Man Attacked by Coyotes

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Grown Man Attacked by Coyotes

Just now on FOX News. Looks like even the adults aren't safe now.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/10/1...-walk-to-work/
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Even the coyotes know about the new gun control in Colorado

Boolit Master
    Out here in Washington state, we worry about wolves more than coyotes. Our deer and elk herds have been greatly affected.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I had the same problem......... except I was leaving a bar and was attacked by a pack of cougars. I must say, those older gals know how to have a good time!

banger

Few yrs ago had 2 yotes trail my son out of the woods. It had snowed lightly and when he came in from a hunt he told me he had heard some rusling noise as he walk the trail we went up about 50 ft and here was a pair of yote track paralleling him home. We rained terror on yote that winter. Def got my attention.
    CD

Boolit Master

THEY say man is at the top of the food chain. Suppose THEY should tell the predators? I hope THEY videotape THEM telling 'em, probably have some new Darwin Award winners.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

They have been getting a lot of deer here in NC. If I see one i shoot it.

I'm in gas country here. All summer there's been a crew installing a pipeline just over the ridge from my pasture, 'bout 1/4 mile away. No coyotes all summer, and no deer to be seen either. Job was finished last month, and the 'yotes were right back howling out in the pasture a couple nights ago. Guess I'm not paranoid for carrying a handgun when I'm up on the hill. Wish I could afford a good night vision scope.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bzcraig View Post
    THEY say man is at the top of the food chain. Suppose THEY should tell the predators? I hope THEY videotape THEM telling 'em, probably have some new Darwin Award winners.
    Man in the woods is only at the top of the food chain if they carry a gun. It is that simple.
    it is improvident to walk through any rural or wooded area frequented by large predators without a gun.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning
    Sadly people do not read history or they read the "new revised history".
    I remember the "old timer" stories in SW Michigan of "wild dog drives" and the final end to the northern wolf menace.
    But lets face it.. vehicle insurance companies had a deer crisis to contend with. Profits were on a long time decline. Public safety matters little to the pocket book of CEO's, stock holder profits and political re-election.
    Bow hunters could not keep up with the deer population explosion and we all have heard so often "how guns are so evil".
    In east ILLinois it is the cougars "they" set free. They are multiplying. They will kill. The weakest or slowest will die first. Farm I hunt lost all their cats. No more ground hogs. No rabbits. I warned the old crippled Korea Vet to be real careful about getting to far out without his double barrel.
    Mike in Peru
    "Behold The Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world". John 1:29
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    All an attempt to reduce numbers of game animals and therefore make it less desirable for sheeple to own guns. Guess which side of the political spectrum that sentiment comes from? "We don't need no huntin; we got wolves and cougars"
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by Olevern View Post
    All an attempt to reduce numbers of game animals and therefore make it less desirable for sheeple to own guns. Guess which side of the political spectrum that sentiment comes from? "We don't need no huntin; we got wolves and cougars"
    I've heard this retarded argument from libs in Illinois years ago... They support it mainly as a cure all... Thinking that it will reduce number of wild games animals so that sport hunting "will no longer be needed" to control populations... Many see it a as a great way to disarm the citizens, Who won't "need" guns, when "nature's true balance" is restored, and there is so few game animals that hunting will be a waste of time.

No amount of logic debate ever seemed to deter these folks from their beliefs. For example, They seem to have no idea that re-introduced preditors will prey upon livestock meant to feed people. Or that their precious "pocket sized pets" mostly very small dogs and cats don't stand a chance against medium or large preditors. Most seemed determined that preditors would NEVER come into a village, town or city to forage for food, despite the obvious fact that is has and will continue to happen.

Boolit Master

Well men at 71 years old Julie and I talk a lot about being attacked, she talks about attacking me and I talk about attacking her. Then we change chairs and talk about it again.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Grey Wolf - do that to Polka or Waltz music?
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Yes, Man is at the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, certain animals did not get the memo.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Love Life
    When I am armed, I am at the top of the food chain. When I am armed I know that I can become a snack. I stay armed.

Boolit Buddy

With the passage of Proposition 117 in 1990, mountain lions became a "specially protected species," making mountain lion hunting illegal in California. Within a few generations, mountain lion attacks started happening. Mountain Lion sightings in neighborhoods and school yards have now become a common occurrence. They no longer remember having the hounds on their trail and have lost their fear of man.
    Last edited by BorderBrewer; 10-18-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: punctuation
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Boolit Grand Master

Several have made the critical point, and I will reiterate. ONLY armed humans are at the
    top of the food chain. Our OEM weapons - teeth and claws are essentially useless in a fight,
    unlike a canine or feline predator. Our brains are our primary weapons, which allowed us
    to invent and build really good weapons like firearms. In a pinch a few folks have successfully
    defended themselves against cougar attacks with Buck knives. NOT fun, but they lived.

Good knife at all times and a good handgun, too.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Grand Master

Hogs have been known to tear up hunters pretty badly, and we have lots of coyotes here too.
    I used to worry about it.
    Now I have an M1A.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.