Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRepackbox
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armatix The future of firearms

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds exactly like a company of libtards desperate to save us from ourselves.

Scenario . . . In bed sound asleep at 3:00AM, watch across the room on the dresser where you left it while taking a shower. A noise wakes you up, some piece of crappola just broke open the back door, you reach for the night stand to grab your gun while the piece of crappola comes through the bedroom door.

You . . . Excuse me sir, would you mind handing me my watch there on the dresser before you murder me and rape my wife and daughter?

To even think up something like that is only possible from the mind of a libtard.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Stuff like this tends to "teach" people to be careless and dangerous with fire arms.

Kinda like....it is ok to point a loaded weapon at people cause it will not go off.

I also hate pistols that have a mag lock. So it will not fire if the mag is out. I feel that it teaches people to be lazy and careless with fire arms.

Take care
    Abenaki

I don't wear a watch anymore, but I always carry a gun. Enuf said
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Goodsteel is correct, just teach kids to leave guns alone when they are little. Mine learned very young and still won't touch unless Dad says it is ok, an Emer. is different story. Don't need a computer to tell me it is ok to draw on a bad guy, that is like asking the pres. permission to do that.
    CD

When I go to the range I usually take two or three handguns with me. Would I have to wear two or three watches? Wouldn't it be fun getting to the range with two Rugers and finding out the watches you brought are for your S&W, and for your Colt 1911?
    Of course no crook is going to be smart enough to realize that the first thing he should do is relieve you of your watch.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=orisolo;2430858]I just run into this.
    Its pretty amazing system if it works reliably.
    I probably should get one, Ill worry less with the kids in the house.
    Only cavit is I don't wear a watch.

Oh, please~~~ This is so gay! I mean, where are the libtards gonna stop? They came up with the motorcycle helmets, the the seat belts and the thousand other contraptions (plus OSHA) to protect the ignorant.... Now we have a whole friggin country full of citizens that have absolutely no self respect or responsibilities. We need more of this "mandatory safety **** to suffocate the ignorant citizen!

EW
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 10-16-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Boolit Master
    target response system--does not sound self defense friendly. I agree that LE should Beta test this before release to the general public.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    I agree that LE should Beta test this before release to the general public.
    Really? Released to the general public? I think this should be totally forgotten about as should all completely insane libtard ideas.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master

Any system that uses a dedicated electronic key to "Lock" it can be locked by a generic device or inadvertently.
    The fewer things there are a gun including safeties and locking devices mean that there is less stuff to go wrong.
    Just imagine if police forces were using this, or the military and the signal to unlock the guns was jammed, or the signal to lock was counterfeit and sent by the bad guys.
    For police officers, loose your watch ( or transmitter) or the battery dies or freezes , your gun becomes symbolic.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    I'll spell it out then. LE/NATO/MILITARY does BETA test-result TRS is crapola-they reject it deeming it unwise to trust your life to such a system. End of story except for the idiots who really think they need a gun for self protection but also feel the need to protect themselves from the gun.
    Armatix has a market--Makes someone who doesn't know responsible gun handling feel responsible and can admit to their friends responsiblity with explanation of special circumstances. "I have this whiz-bang gun that only shoots bad guys, cost me $buku bucks but worth every penny because it can't harm children." response from liberal friend- "OH, that's so nice that you are so responsible."
    Website indicates it's been on the market for 3 years already, anyway.
    Libtards have been touting for some time now that smart gun technology-like this exists, This must be what they are talking about and they want to LEGISLATE it mandatory, for the children's safety. If they want to legislate this, it needs to be deemed worthy enough to be carried by the worlds LE, all of them. It would make defending the 2nd a lot easier for us who aren't chained to a smart gun. TRS, baaaah.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    your gun becomes symbolic.
    Now there is something that would make a libtard feel all warm & fuzzy AND send a tingle up their legs.

Rick

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 375RUGER View Post
    Libtards have been touting for some time now that smart gun technology-like this exists, This must be what they are talking about and they want to LEGISLATE it mandatory, for the children's safety.
    Yep, kinda works like this doesn't it?

Rick

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a libtard doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a libtard is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a libtard is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

If a libtard is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

libtard demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A libtard non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

If a libtard decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.
    Last edited by cbrick; 10-17-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: spelling

CRPA Life Member

Boolit Buddy
    Ahhh! Good ole revolvers.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by cbrick View Post
    Yep, kinda works like this doesn't it?

Rick

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a librard doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.

If a librard is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a librard is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.

If a librard is down-and-out he wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

librard demands that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A librard non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

If a librard decides he needs health care, he demands that the rest of us pay for his.

Wow, that's the truth if I ever heard it!

I had to copy that and it will be sent to all my buddies, thanks for posting it!

Boolit Master
    Hey, you wanna go to the range & throw some lead for a few hours?

"Sorry, my batteries are dead"

Give me a freakin' break.
    Bob

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

Firearms were never meant to be battery operated.

Boolit Master
    One of things I've learned over 20 years of engineering is the best designs are the simplest. Any time you add complexity you are asking for trouble.

Guns should have the smallest possible number of moving parts and absolutely nothing electronic.

Boolit Grand Master

The way I read the originlal posts last couple lines will not be able to be used on you or people around you and It has tosee the target so if you cant get the Bad guy target to wear an "ID" tag it wont work for you either. Ill keep my old 1911 technology thank-you

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    One of things I've learned over 20 years of engineering is the best designs are the simplest. Any time you add complexity you are asking for trouble.

Guns should have the smallest possible number of moving parts and absolutely nothing electronic.
    I'm not going to go so far as saying that *nothing* should be electronic, but I will say that it should be kept at a minimum. I wouldn't mind having the option to be able to electrically ignite the powder instead of having to use primers (especially when primers are so difficult to find). Of course, for such a system to be acceptable, it would need to work with existing powders and not need some specialized electrically sensitive powder. Just think how light of a trigger you could have when all it amounted to was closing the contact on an electrical switch. Although I could easily see something like this being good for benchrest shooting or even hunting, I don't think I would want it in a firearm that I was using for defensive purposes.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

I will be perfectly honest, I am somewhat of a luddite when it comes to guns. I think I quit caring about new technology when the AR15 became available to everyone. Its the erector set of firearms and can be made into whatever by anyone, its still dumb though and relies on the nut behind the butt for all its input. I do not need my firearms doing my thinking for me. Sure I like sighting improvements, that have been proven through years of hard use to work. I do not want a gun that requires a biometric, or helps me decide to make the shot or any of that sort of stuff. Removing the human the human element from the mechanics of shooting does not improve it IMO.
    Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.