Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to jim

Jim You probably don't know how much insperation you give to us members that are new or just lurking and have started reading your post then get real interested in casting and then we become members. I know at one time I lurked for months and one nite I read some old posts and some new post and youy were the topic with just fun and interesting knowledge. I laughed so hard at the big coon that I had tears, the wife knew good and well I had lost my mind.I was going thru a tuff time and you sir caused me to laugh for the first time in months. I don't usually tell things like that but today I think I needed to just so you know what effect your stories and expertice has done for some( behind the seens and up front). Please stay with us, we need your experminters attatude and knowledge to keep us thinking out of the box safely.
    Thanks Jim and Janet
    CD

Boolit Master
    Jim I am Very Glad to hear you are doing well!
    I fully understand your current disposition, it is exactly why I adamantly avoid certain areas of the forum and rarely post in some others anymore.
    Glad you and Janet are alright.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Boolit Master

Really glad things are relatively well at home!

Jim, I echo the thoughts of many. Your posts, knowledge, humor, courage and mentoring will be missed. I understand completely and respect your decision BUT don't like it. What you offer the overwhelming majority grossly out weights the pettiness of the few. I have read nearly every post of yours cause I realized early on you were respected by others and (humor excluded) were sincere and serious about your passion. I would suggest that envy or jealousy were at the core of your detractors comments. Some folks criticize to make themselves look/feel better about themselves. Please consider that your posts on ALL topics serve the greater good of CB but at a maximum, if you must, leave your load development findings out but continue to share everything else to those, like myself, who still need some mentoring. My opinion of your load development is; someone has to be on the cutting edge willing to use what God gave them in wisdom to explore the boundaries of conventional application to discover new things and new ways to do what has already been done in more efficient or effective ways. You sir, fit that description. BTW, without your avatar it has been hard to find your posts, I'm having to work twice as hard!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear from you, Jim.

In this community of 30K+, even if only one percent "get up on the wrong side of the bed" that means we have 300 buttheads that day to post. Just ignore the posters who are buttheads all the time, and forgive those who occasionally rub the wrong way.

Any man confident enough to have an avatar of himself in striped purple tights*, should not get bent out of shape over the cast .223 opinion of an anonymous internet entity. Come on back to the table.

* yeah, "long johns"
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Master

First let me say that I try to tread lightly when I am here on this fine forum. I do that because I respect those like Jim who have so much more knowledge than I do on most of these subjects that my two cents aren't often worth even one cent. Jim, I have told my wife on more than one occasion that your posts are always spot on. You have a sixth sense about issues here on the forum before lots of us notice. You have on several occasions offered input to help with the overall health of the forum. I really respect your thoughts and input about a lot of things. We need more folks like you and less of folks like "them". I want to join with the others who want you to know that you are missed when you are not there for those of us who need input like yours. At the same time I understand your frustration with the derogatory comments by the little people who would like to have the status you have earned on this forum. Hopefully they will not be here long enough to cause you or anyone any more trouble. I will be looking forward to future input from you.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

There are those who will pee on a fire just so they can complain about the smell.and they are on this site and they know who they are.Jim! I have enjoyed all that you have had to say and show. and most of all your sense of humor.both yours and Janet's and remember you can always tell an expert. But you can't tell them much, you both take care.. Tom
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Jim was definitely a positive asset to our community, to say the least.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Sorry to hear that Jim. I hope you will eventually change you mind and come back and just ignore the idiots that think they know more then God himself.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Jim, really glad to hear that you and yours are well.
    Ramar
    AMERICAN EX-PRISONERS OF WAR -- NON SOLUM ARMIS

Boolit Master

Miss you Jim!

Some times folks are rude, some times folks are a treasure.
    Jim you are always a delight and a treasure.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Buddy

Jim
    I'm sorry to hear about your experiences on this board. I wish you the best. Now, I will be coming into Ferrum, VA on 9/5 and will be there until 9/8. I would like to have breakfast or lunch with you if you are up to it.
    Best wishes and I hope that the young man is reloading his 243.

Mike in TX

Thumbs up

"I have noticed that I skip most of the posts I should comment on because I have learned that the new members are no longer looking for help but are focused on expounding often incorrect opinions, that 'Everyone knows . . .'
    I have noticed that at least a dozen of the older members I have the most respect for now rarely respond to questions they are most qualified to answer. Thus I suspect I am not alone in this observation."

You hit the nail squarely on the head, williamwaco!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    "I have noticed that I skip most of the posts I should comment on because I have learned that the new members are no longer looking for help but are focused on expounding often incorrect opinions, that 'Everyone knows . . .'
    I have noticed that at least a dozen of the older members I have the most respect for now rarely respond to questions they are most qualified to answer. Thus I suspect I am not alone in this observation."

You hit the nail squarely on the head, williamwaco!
    this is true

Doc.

Boolit Grand Master
    OK, fellas, as many of y'all as have responded, I can't ignore or disregard that. If I did, that would be rude and disrespectful of me to the people that have shown me a great regard.

Y'all want me to continue to post the results of my research and testing, I'll be glad to do that. As always, I'll put it in the 'Favorite Caliber' section.

Be advised, though, the next time I find a snarky, smart azzed remark like the one that pushed me over the edge, I'm gonna let him have it. I might very well get myself wrote up for it, but, by God, I've had enough of rude, disrespectful, arrogant people.

I have never, in my entire life, spoken to anyone like that and I'm not going to stand to be spoken to in that manner. I won't ignore it again.

I apologize for the rant and beg your forgiveness for the defensive attitude. Sometimes, ya' just need to blow off a little steam.

By the way, it means a great deal to me that so many of you have pleaded my case with me. I had no idea I had made such an impact on that many people. I'm truly and deeply honored by all the encouragement and support.

Thank you all,
    Jim

Boolit Bub
    The last bastion of liberal thought in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    kevindtimm - It's a JOKE! You from Alexandria or Murphy? Been living with a French/Canadian, Bo-hunk, Cornhusker, Catholic/Baptist who's school played 3 man football - for 44 yrs and she doesn't get mad at Frog jokes.
    Jim - your reason is perfectly acceptable - and there are some of us here really interested in what you do. This thread has been fun to track, not due to poking fun AT you, rather everyone having a good laugh, not at your expense. I've learned about weird clothing, weird animals, weird humor, etc.
    You and Janet have a great day.
    Sorry I wasn't clear - it's just surprising to find somebody from Texas who has any idea where Alex is. BTW, the joke was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    OK, fellas, as many of y'all as have responded, I can't ignore or disregard that. If I did, that would be rude and disrespectful of me to the people that have shown me a great regard.

Y'all want me to continue to post the results of my research and testing, I'll be glad to do that. As always, I'll put it in the 'Favorite Caliber' section.

Be advised, though, the next time I find a snarky, smart azzed remark like the one that pushed me over the edge, I'm gonna let him have it. I might very well get myself wrote up for it, but, by God, I've had enough of rude, disrespectful, arrogant people.

I have never, in my entire life, spoken to anyone like that and I'm not going to stand to be spoken to in that manner. I won't ignore it again.

I apologize for the rant and beg your forgiveness for the defensive attitude. Sometimes, ya' just need to blow off a little steam.

By the way, it means a great deal to me that so many of you have pleaded my case with me. I had no idea I had made such an impact on that many people. I'm truly and deeply honored by all the encouragement and support.

Thank you all,
    Jim
    So I believe, at this point, it should be clear to a lot of people here that Jim is about tops as far as Men are concerned. Always been my most-favored poster and Jim has gone out of his way (once at 3:00 A.M.!) to share info with me and ALL of us. It's our benefit, and like my wife always says, "The world is a better place with him in it". I feel the same way about you, Jim.

I'm new myself, just joined over a year ago, but I lurked for a few years before joining up. It's really a shame to see others, who find rude behavior perfectly normal on other forums, bring that same disrespectful behavior here. I'm sorry for that to happen.

Honestly, I'm both happy (that you're alright) and kinda depressed after reading this from Jim. Seen it happen to a few others here as well in the short time I've been around.

Now I'm gonna go grab the cat, a cup of coffee and a cigar and just reflect for a little bit.

Welcome back and PLEASE keep your posts comin', Jim!!
    Paul
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Boolit Master
    Bravo Jim, Bravo!
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Jim was definitely a positive asset to our community, to say the least.
    Now I can say Jim IS definitely a positive asset to our community, to say the least!
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Thank you Jim.
    Your contributions here are always positive and build the collective knowledge.
    I think there are a few lessons here. Just like we were taught by our parents.
    Be polite.
    Contribute.
    Ask the questions, contemplate the answers. If you still don't understand, ask again clearly with your concerns.
    Respond to the questions, again politely and clearly.

I for one will redouble my efforts.

Thanks again to Jim, and all the others that take a lot of time out of their day to explore, learn and share.

Boolit Master
    Jim, You're a good man and we all know it. We also know who the obnoxious poster is and he has lost much respect here by many. Look forward to your posts about everything.